Getting harder to hold onto my gold

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
Back in 2007 I purchased three 1oz gold bars when the price of gold plummetted. I'm so angry for no buying 100+ gold bars over the course of 2007-2008.

Just wondering how many people out there are watching these gold prices like I am. How much have you made if you decided to sell?

Should I wait or sell these things?

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Just seems to be going up and up and up. Hold onto them if you aren't hurting for cash.

-Eric

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
I'd wait. Doesn't look like it's going to lose any value.

I figured I might as well.

Paid 1K for these three ounces and if I sell I could get 4,300. Now I know the government wants its part when I file taxes since it's reportable. :fm: That's a bigger reason why I don't want to sell. Get 4,300 and give the gubberment around 1K. No thanks

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Whenever you decide to sell them, you're going to have to give the government their cut.
It might be better to do it now before new "laws" are passed to raise the amount of tax you must pay.

oldmodman

Established Member
I'm going to wait since i have no need for the money at this time. And I'm still holding all my silver.
I'll probably sell gold at 1,800 and silver at 50

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Do you phsyically hold them or not? If not yeah you will have to pay the tax man lol.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
I physically own the gold bars. I have read if I sell them then I have to claim it on some schedule D portion of my 1040.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
The whole gold thing is supposedly a bubble that's about to burst soon which makes sense to me assuming S doesn't HTF or anything like that. I have a few lb brick of gold chillin in one of my closets that I got for free as a thank you for a project I did years back, along with a plaque that says my service has been nothing short of solid gold. I totally forgot I had it until I went through my storage unit. I'm about to sell it like right now before the bubble bursts, but that's me.

Last edited:

VADER*

*the original
Established Member
you never know with the market which way it will go. if i were buying gold i would want you to think there will be a bubble so you would sell it to me. however, no one knows, otherwise we would all be rich. your making a nice profit now, thats for sure

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Back in 2007 I purchased three 1oz gold bars when the price of gold plummetted. I'm so angry for no buying 100+ gold bars over the course of 2007-2008.

Just wondering how many people out there are watching these gold prices like I am. How much have you made if you decided to sell?

Should I wait or sell these things?

sell all 3 of them and lock in your profits and then take the money and go buy silver. when the Gold to Silver ratio hits 20:1 then sell the Silver and go racing.

and don't forget.....HOGS get slaughtered....

Users who are viewing this thread