Getting GT/CS & GT fogs working together?

coyotefiveoh

Established Member
Let me start out by saying, my Car is a canadian car, and comes with the GT/CS foglights instead of the GT fog lights in the grille.

I am planning on buying an original GT grille and foglights and having the GT/CS & GT foglights being functional.... what can i expect for wiring?

Can i splice the two together and have them both functioning? Just seeing if anyone has done this and what problems they may have encountered.

From what i have researched, ill need to buy connectors for the HID fog lamps, and then splice them into the current GT/CS foglights?

Will this cause problems? Should i use a fuse/relay?

I want all 4 of them to turn on when i put the foglights on, any help is appreciated! Thanks! Car is a 2013 GT with GT/CS fog lights currently.

:pop:

fishy2k8

Established Member
I would wire them up on a separate fuse and relay and tap into the factory fog light wiring at the bulb for your relay trigger. this will power the relay for your added fogs when you turn your current fogs on.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I'm in the same boat as you. I've had my GT/CS fogs installed since Jan, and still have yet to wire them up. Haha

I think I will end up wiring them into a relayed circuit that will power the grill fogs when the DRL LEDs come on, then when I pull the switch to activate the lower fogs, it will trip the relay to turn grill fogs off and the lower fogs on.

Since I plan to use the lower fogs only in foggy situations, I don't really have a need to have all 6 on at one time, as the LED fogs will just blind you in real fog.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
I wired mine directly into the existing grill fog wiring.

Here is my question:

What is a bulb that is comparable to the OEM H11 that would be an LED variant to match my grill fogs and headlights without catching things on fire????

5.0Moe

Established Member
My buddy wired them directly into the fog light harness. He also bumped the fuse up from 15 to 25 amps I believe. He hasn't had any problems.

I have my '14 grille and fogs for sale, if your interested PM me

Users who are viewing this thread