Getting Grundy insurance, need price of mods and install

HPLouis

Established Member
So I’m getting Grundy agree value insurance and I’m trying to total up the value of the mods and the cost to install them so I could get a good estimate. I made a list of the mods to give them and I’m Google’ing the prices but I can’t figure out labor since the prior owner did his own work.

Any guesses based on the mods? I’m estimating $55K based on the car and miles (5300) but maybe the mods are $20K……$30K?

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have mine set at 30K since 2013. I should probably raise that up so I could actually get a replacement if something ever happened.

I think you are accurate in the 55K range. Not sure if you have all the receipts or not, just make sure you have plenty of pictures of the parts for proof and you will be fine.

HPLouis

Established Member
I requested $60K and I'm waiting for them to respond. I have the receipts for almost all of the items except for the hydro dipped parts (the part from the Powder House). I did an estimate for those.

I came up with $35,374.61 for the mods.....and that was just parts. He did all of his own work (except for the alignment) so that saved him on labor. I almost fainted at the $35K price, I could only imagine how much it would have been if he had all this work done at a shop!

HPLouis

Established Member
That’s why I don’t like to add up what’s in the car. Small fortune for sure.

I did some Google searching on prices. He bought most of this stuff around 2009-2014 and the prices shot up. The Bassani exhaust was around $800 back then. It’s over $1100 now.

That’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobracletus

Established Member
A few months ago I had mine increased to $42k though Grundy. My cobra has 17k miles and less modifications than yours. Keep us posted about what they reply with. I'm sure you'll get $60k!

I didn't add up my list of mods or cost, I just figured that I'd be able to buy a c6 z06 if it were to get totaled out haha.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I think they’ll insure it for any amount but you’ll just pay accordingly on your premium. That’s how I understood it. I had a low mileage MC vert about 5 years ago before this crazy market and I insured it for $40k. The insurance rep pretty much told me that’s it? Then I asked how much can I insure it for and they told me pretty much any amount, I’ll just have to pay for it. At the time $40k would’ve replaced it and then some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You guys were right. They insured it for $60K.

Thanks

Hopefully you never ever have to use it. I found out the hard way on having proper insurance to replace a car like a highly modded terminator. I had just regular ole insurance on my extremely clean 700+ rwhp 30k mile car, and I got paid out $12k. I showed them $20k+ in receipts of the all the work that I did to the car myself, and they raised the value to $14k. It was after that accident that I got a collector policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread