Getting fed up with Grundy insurance.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So long story short, I'm trying to add my 90 mustang I'm buying to my current policy. It's been taking weeks and I've provided pictures.

They are stating now that currently I'm in a restricted area because of possible flooding? This is complete bs. The river is high right now, which happens in the spring. However, I live no where near the river.

I need to check my options and find insurance ASAP. I will be contacting my local American Family insurance as I see they offer collector car insurance. It might cost more, but at least it will be a local agency I can physically talk to.

I'm seriously thinking about taking my Cobra off there policy, I've been with them for probably 7-8 years.

I've talked them up for years....

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blown 89

Established Member
I have American Family right now. I've had great luck with claims and if you go through their shops they guarantee the work for life. I you get a respray and it starts oxidizing early they'll respray it. That's their biggest selling point IMO.

The downside is that they're expensive and I'm having such bad luck with their billing processes that I'm currently shopping for someone else. They've basically terminated my insurance three times this year because I switched agents and AmFam corporate keeps botching my auto-pay thus making my account delinquent without me noticing. Combine that with sky high costs and I'm looking to get out.

Edit: if anyone has suggestions on insurance or, more specifically, the best way to shop for insurance I'm all ears.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have American Family right now. I've had great luck with claims and if you go through their shops they guarantee the work for life. I you get a respray and it starts oxidizing early they'll respray it. That's their biggest selling point IMO.

The downside is that they're expensive and I'm having such bad luck with their billing processes that I'm currently shopping for someone else. They've basically terminated my insurance three times this year because I switched agents and AmFam corporate keeps botching my auto-pay thus making my account delinquent without me noticing. Combine that with sky high costs and I'm looking to get out.

Edit: if anyone has suggestions on insurance or, more specifically, the best way to shop for insurance I'm all ears.
I just spoke to an agent. They have a guy locally appraise the car for 50 dollars. This route sounds like it might be very competitive to Grundy. I'll keep everyone posted.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always had great luck with Grundy, I would just call them and see what else is needed

quad

Established Member
I was happy with Haggerty but I never had a claim either. That's when you see their true colors.
My experience with Grundy has been great. Had to tow the Cobra a few times when it had fuel pump and radiator fan issues. Also filed a claim with them and they took care of it. They even lowered my payments the following year!

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
I have Grundy, but haven't filed a claim with them yet, so can't say just how good they are.

But, I do like the "agreed upon value" policies much better than the idea of someone coming out to appraise my car.

Truth be told, most of us on these forums dump way more money into our cars than we could sell them for. So, I like knowing I can insure the car for something closer to my costs. The rate will rise proportionately, but I'm okay with that.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So long story short, I'm trying to add my 90 mustang I'm buying to my current policy. It's been taking weeks and I've provided pictures.

They are stating now that currently I'm in a restricted area because of possible flooding? This is complete bs. The river is high right now, which happens in the spring. However, I live no where near the river.

I need to check my options and find insurance ASAP. I will be contacting my local American Family insurance as I see they offer collector car insurance. It might cost more, but at least it will be a local agency I can physically talk to.

I'm seriously thinking about taking my Cobra off there policy, I've been with them for probably 7-8 years.

I've talked them up for years....
That sucks man.
Hopefully they can make it work. Good luck!

CV355

_
Established Member
I have heard excellent things about State Farm classic insurance. I got a quote myself, but then again my Mach 1 isn't road worthy so it only has fire/theft at the moment. The "appraised" value was good and the premiums were very affordable.

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
I have heard excellent things about State Farm classic insurance. I got a quote myself, but then again my Mach 1 isn't road worthy so it only has fire/theft at the moment. The "appraised" value was good and the premiums were very affordable.
When are you gonna do a build thread on that thing?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got a quote from my American Family insurance. For an agreed value of 19k it's only 176.60 a year! I need to have a local guy appraise it.

Then I had him check the cobra and that was over 700 compared to my current 500.

He said the fox is much cheaper because it's over 20 years old.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Just got a quote from my American Family insurance. For an agreed value of 19k it's only 176.60 a year! I need to have a local guy appraise it.

Then I had him check the cobra and that was over 700 compared to my current 500.

He said the fox is much cheaper because it's over 20 years old.

Is there a use or mileage limitation?

Chum731

Shark Baiter
Established Member
I was happy with Haggerty but I never had a claim either. That's when you see their true colors.

I flooded with Hurricane Harvey and my 65 Fastback Mustang got the floors wet in it. It needed new carpet and mats and the fluids changed. They were awesome to deal with. They paid for everything to get fixed

My wife asked if we could have Hagerty’s fix the house kiddingly because it was such a pain in the ass fixing the house compared to fixing my Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread