Getting closer..... zr1 1/4, details inside.

blk03stang

Established Member
Went back to the track yesterday for the first time with the new pulley. I will try not to go on and on, but long story short with the car making 3 more lbs of boost obviously the blower gets hotter quicker, and on top of that yesterday was much warmer weather than the previous two times I went to the track with the car making less power. First and Second time I went to the track the car was making 650/650 but the DA was between -200 to -360 and the temps were 60-68 degrees. Thats when I went 10.2@139mph. Now fast forward to yesterday afternoon the car now makes 718/690 but it was 86 degrees outside, DA was +1800. The first couple of runs I only went 10.50@134-136. I could not keep the car cool even with icing it. I do have some nice cooling mods, but with the new power and spinning the blower more I think I need to do even more on the cooling side of things. After the crappy 10.50 runs I decided to let the car sit for a little over an hour and I had ice on the blower. So after that I lined up and the car was still hot IMO (coolant reading 176-180 at the line) I did a huge burn out, launched the car at over 4k RPM's and gave it hell. Ended up pulling a 1.5 60' on my 19" NT05R's and going 10.1@138mph. I was impressed I was able to go quicker in the heat even with the new pulley. Also went 6.50 in the 1/8 which was cool. I will be back at the track Thurday night for test and tune and the weather is supposed to be a little better, I can't wait!

lwdaa.jpg

24gu45v.jpg

2u9242d.jpg

903byo.jpg

v8px60.jpg

qpqdc2.jpg

-Matt :beer:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
What did that Cobra replica run? Nice times

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Very nice! Congrats...getting closer! That's a great 60' with such a low profile DR. You got the new clutch in too?

Zemedici

Established Member
That's great man. Put a nice tire in the rear and dial down that 60' a bit and you'll have a 9 sec car

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Sounds like it's just a matter of catching better conditions - which shouldn't be a problem for you over the next couple of months.

blk03stang

Established Member
Thanks guys! Still on my stock clutch, I've been cleaning it out and changing fluid and it's still working great for now. I am not sure what the cobra ran, he was behind me. Also I am trying to go 9's on 19" NT05's I do have 18" M&H's but I really want to do it on the 19's first.

Users who are viewing this thread