getting a loan for a cobra???

smokastang

Established Member
I have gone to several banks and credit unions to get a loan for a cobra . Since they are older than 07 they dont want to finance the full amount and the interest is crazy high. I have very good credit and cash to put down .
I just wanted to see what everyone else has done .
Thanks

Last edited:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I just bought a SY 04 and went through my credit union with no issues, They even had me aprroved for more then the car booked for. I have bought all my cars through them even my 68 torino and age has never been an issue. If none of them are willing to work with you I would shop around some more.

Joe

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Credit union here interest is a little higher than I wanted but not due to credit due to the age of the vehicle. My CU would go up to 125% of nada value if needed this was last year

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
I just took a personal line of credit out at my bank for 25k. They didn't care what I used it for.
They would have never given me that much for a Terminator especially now that the 5.0 Coyotes are out!

SV

masterjr33

Established Member
navy federal credit union. personal loan with collateral. not a used car loan.
2.9%.
I had a faxed in letter of approval waiting for me inside the dealership before i got to the lot

Gixxerride04

Established Member
Went to my credit union where I've been a member for the past 20 years or so, took out a loan for $13000, told them exactly what car I was buying and didn't have a problem. Interest is under 4% too

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Might I add that I was never a member at my credit union until I bought my last car (IS300) and needed a loan. All it took was $5 into an account with them and then you're a member. Both loans were absolutely hassle free. Only thing I had to show besides the obvious was proof of full coverage insurance. Got the same rate both times also with them being about 14 months apart.

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I bought my 04 and 93 within the last year, both with USAA and both times they offered a much lower rate if I financed $15k instead of my requested $10k. Interest rates are 2-3%. If you or a parent were in the military, I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

bigmoose

Established Member
+1 on the credit union. I use DCU here in MA. They will do 10 years old up to 100k and finance 120%. I bet you can get older if you finance less than 100%. I bought my '04 in march. My rate is 1.24% for 65 months. I also financed 100%. Of course you'll need a 760+ credit score to get these rates though.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I got my car thru a credit union 2 years ago. Financed 17,5 and it's 2.8% interest 303 a month.

smokastang

Established Member
I almost thought it there wouldnt be a chance . I was gonna start looking at the GT500 since they are newer the interest is low

Last edited:

Pruitt146

Established Member
Credit union is the way to go. Mine will loan on an 04 but not an 03. I did what a few others did and got a personal loan for mine.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Users who are viewing this thread