Getting a GT350 at MSRP

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Let's see:
You get a 6k discount on the vette based on supplier pricing.
The vette dealer makes 3k less than a full msrp sale(according to you) on your price plan.
You believe that since you got a deal on the vette you should be able to get msrp or less on the GT350 because obviously the mustang is less than a vette.
Since you can't find an msrp deal on the mustang, you decide to bitch about it.

Where am I wrong?

1FASFKR

Established Member
Look at my sig. Suppliers discount got me ~ $10k off of MSRP. My wifes 2LT 15 vert, M7, Z51 Mag ride, chrome wheels, and Red calipers was literally $20 less than my 14 GT500 at MSRP. I ordered it from the largest vette dealer in the DFW back in December of 14. They didn't have to honor suppliers discount. It's not a written "right" for a dealership to honor it. It was a negotiation. And I'm not sure they would go for suppliers discount if it hadn't been in the dead of winter. Other dealerships in the area would not. I suspect they choose to for a variety of reasons to include moving vehicles for sales stats, creating a larger customer base, return business, and maintenance. I understand what BlownAway03 is saying. The dealer could very well have sold that vehicle for more than what I paid. Has sales calmed down since the intro of the C7? Yes. But you still have to find a dealer that is willing to do a suppliers discount.

As for my GT500, I new going in that Ford would not do suppliers. So I negotiated my best which was MSRP. Take it or leave it! HA. I feel my Ford dealer would probably do MSRP for me if I was interested a regular GT350. Not sure about a R tho. I haven't reached out to them about it yet. Not even sure I want one. I have an out right beast in the GT500 and a world class handing 460HP 3,360 lbs Corvette already. I just don't see the upside for me personally.

IMG_2178_zps2ib9pz1w.jpg

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Look at my sig. Suppliers discount got me ~ $10k off of MSRP. My wifes 2LT 15 vert, M7, Z51 Mag ride, chrome wheels, and Red calipers was literally $20 less than my 14 GT500 at MSRP. I ordered it from the largest vette dealer in the DFW back in December of 14. They didn't have to honor suppliers discount. It's not a written "right" for a dealership to honor it. It was a negotiation. And I'm not sure they would go for suppliers discount if it hadn't been in the dead of winter. Other dealerships in the area would not. I suspect they choose to for a variety of reasons to include moving vehicles for sales stats, creating a larger customer base, return business, and maintenance. I understand what BlownAway03 is saying. The dealer could very well have sold that vehicle for more than what I paid. Has sales calmed down since the intro of the C7? Yes. But you still have to find a dealer that is willing to do a suppliers discount.

As for my GT500, I new going in that Ford would not do suppliers. So I negotiated my best which was MSRP. Take it or leave it! HA. I feel my Ford dealer would probably do MSRP for me if I was interested a regular GT350. Not sure about a R tho. I haven't reached out to them about it yet. Not even sure I want one. I have an out right beast in the GT500 and a world class handing 460HP 3,360 lbs Corvette already. I just don't see the upside for me personally.

IMG_2178_zps2ib9pz1w.jpg

Thank you! I see you have some sense and understanding. All I was ever asking was when did all this adm stuff start? I'm 31 and haven't been able to buy this caliber of car all that long. It was just a harmless question, and I used my C7 purchase as somewhat of an example of how an upstanding dealer made me a deal that they definitely didn't have to at the time. Then this guy comes with all his bashing, obviously not knowing how hard it was to make those deals in 2014. You get it because you have one as well. And make no mistake, I'm not actively looking for a GT350. All I've ever said was it maybe could draw me away from the Vette if it lives up to the hype and performs well. Mainly because the msrp was cheaper and my wife and I are expecting our first child (back seat). But I know I have a world class car on my hands already, so I'd never give into that adm bs on a Mustang especially, or any other vehicle. Plus, until they hit the streets, and we actually get real information, I'd never order one anyway.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My GT350 gets scheduled Thursday night! :thumbsup:

Para81

Established Member
Anyone who pays over sticker is a fool. Plain and simple. Dealers suck. They all tried to get 20K over for the Laguna Seca Boss when it came out. Now look at that car. You can pick one up with 5K miles for like 35K. Think about that. People were paying 60K for them and not driving them.

Also, is this car really hotter than the Hellcat? I can't imagine so. Dodge took 10K orders with a slotted production of 5K. Did Ford get ten thousand orders already? I guess it's too early to tell as reviews aren't out and mass awareness isn't there.

Show me a Laguna Seca for 35k and i'll give you a lolly.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Show me a Laguna Seca for 35k and i'll give you a lolly.

Well. You could buy a 12 that's listed on AUtotrader for $36k. But it has only 51,000 original pampered lady driven to church miles lol

But 13s are all 45k

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well. You could buy a 12 that's listed on AUtotrader for $36k. But it has only 51,000 original pampered lady driven to church miles lol

But 13s are all 45k

+ 1,000,000

I'd buy 3 or 4 with 5,000 miles for $35k.

sonic cobra

Established Member
Bought my Cobra new in 2003. ADM's were anywhere from $2500 to $7500, which i refused to pay. After months,I finally found a small Ford truck dealer in Vermont who had just 7 allocations for the year and was able to order it at MSRP.Had to wait 7 months but it was worth it. There are many Ford dealerships, I will never walk into again after the way i was treated. Happily most of them failed during the recent financial crisis.

Anyway, the difference between Ford and Corvette, is first they will make 35,000 Vettes each year for 5 to 7 years or as long as demand holds up. Ford, will limit production to maintain higher prices for dealers.
More importantly, unlike Ford,there are a number of Chevy dealers that specialize in Corvette sales almost exclusively. The business plan for these high volume Corvette dealers is to make less profit on each sale but make it up with volume of sales. Their entire organization is trained and dedicated to making the sale easy and fast, to make room for the next order.
It works. I sold my heavily modded Cobra in May, and had no intention of going through that same Cobra experience with the GT350. Plus, I didn't want to wait another year for the GT350. So I made 3 phone calls, one each to the 3 largest volume Corvette dealers and placed an order that nite for a Z51 coupe, for 10% off msrp and additional $750 discount from GM for being a member of a credit union.. No fuss, no muss. Car is scheduled to be built week of 9/14.
Z51 coupe with Nav/PDR, 7 spd manual, Magnetic shocks, performance exhaust and more for $63623 before tax and tags. thats $7900 below MSRP. I'm happy.

That's how I was induced to go to the dark side.
Incidently,the C7 is now in its third model year and production is still maxed out at 170 cars/day with 10 hour shifts.

C7 Z51 and GT350 will be very close in performance. I look forward to meeting up with some of you on the track. It will be a blast!

BlownAway03

Established Member
Bought my Cobra new in 2003. ADM's were anywhere from $2500 to $7500, which i refused to pay. After months,I finally found a small Ford truck dealer in Vermont who had just 7 allocations for the year and was able to order it at MSRP.Had to wait 7 months but it was worth it. There are many Ford dealerships, I will never walk into again after the way i was treated. Happily most of them failed during the recent financial crisis.

Anyway, the difference between Ford and Corvette, is first they will make 35,000 Vettes each year for 5 to 7 years or as long as demand holds up. Ford, will limit production to maintain higher prices for dealers.
More importantly, unlike Ford,there are a number of Chevy dealers that specialize in Corvette sales almost exclusively. The business plan for these high volume Corvette dealers is to make less profit on each sale but make it up with volume of sales. Their entire organization is trained and dedicated to making the sale easy and fast, to make room for the next order.
It works. I sold my heavily modded Cobra in May, and had no intention of going through that same Cobra experience with the GT350. Plus, I didn't want to wait another year for the GT350. So I made 3 phone calls, one each to the 3 largest volume Corvette dealers and placed an order that nite for a Z51 coupe, for 10% off msrp and additional $750 discount from GM for being a member of a credit union.. No fuss, no muss. Car is scheduled to be built week of 9/14.
Z51 coupe with Nav/PDR, 7 spd manual, Magnetic shocks, performance exhaust and more for $63623 before tax and tags. thats $7900 below MSRP. I'm happy.

That's how I was induced to go to the dark side.
Incidently,the C7 is now in its third model year and production is still maxed out at 170 cars/day with 10 hour shifts.

C7 Z51 and GT350 will be very close in performance. I look forward to meeting up with some of you on the track. It will be a blast!

You made a great choice. Chevy does have something good with the C7 imo. Some people here definitely have no concept of how popular the car is. Like you said, production is still clicking along at max in the car's 3rd model year. Plus, the C7 just had its best selling month in June, I think. And for all the people talking Corvette depreciation, go try and pick up a well equipped used Z51 cheap. I like the GT350 so far, and would consider it since we have a baby coming, but I won't be looking right now. Ford dealers treat every Mustang variant as if it's gonna be the next Ford GT (appreciation). Only the market can determine that, so why not just make as many as people are willing to buy, a la Corvette. It works for me.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You made a great choice. Chevy does have something good with the C7 imo. Some people here definitely have no concept of how popular the car is. Like you said, production is still clicking along at max in the car's 3rd model year. Plus, the C7 just had its best selling month in June, I think. And for all the people talking Corvette depreciation, go try and pick up a well equipped used Z51 cheap. I like the GT350 so far, and would consider it since we have a baby coming, but I won't be looking right now. Ford dealers treat every Mustang variant as if it's gonna be the next Ford GT (appreciation). Only the market can determine that, so why not just make as many as people are willing to buy, a la Corvette. It works for me.

You have a very poor conception of supply and demand. You contradict yourself.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

Seventy grand for a base model Corvette??? Why didn't you just try to negotiate on a Z06?

sonic cobra

Established Member
In the first place , its not a base model, it is the Z51 .Big difference. The same way a GT premium is not the base Mustang.
Second, the additional $20K for the Z06 is a bridge too far for me.
Finally, I've dealt with persistent heat soak issues on track with my supercharged Cobra, from the very first mod.After 12 years, I am of the opinion that superchargers do not work well for open track days or hot laps at the drag strip for that matter.
There are many threads detailing issues with the new Z06 pulling timing as engine temps rise. Been there.

While 600+ hp is good for dyno runs and smoky burnouts, Just don't need 600+ hp on the street or on most race tracks.

Last edited:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
In the first place , its not a base model, it is the Z51 .Big difference. The same way a GT premium is not the base Mustang.
Second, the additional $20K for the Z06 is a bridge too far for me.
Finally, I've dealt with persistent heat soak issues on track with my supercharged Cobra, from the very first mod.After 12 years, I am of the opinion that superchargers do not work well for open track days or hot laps at the drag strip for that matter.
There are many threads detailing issues with the new Z06 pulling timing as engine temps rise. Been there.

While 600+ hp is good for dyno runs and smoky burnouts, Just don't need 600+ hp on the street or on most race tracks.

Could you guys please stop it already. Take it off line.

Back on topic please.

My dealer is out at LS to drive the GT350s and he was speaking to another dealer who sold his R for $50K over and his non Rs for $30K over.

Can't imagine that helping any of us when all the dealers get together and start bragging about how much they are selling these cars for......Steve

BlownAway03

Established Member
You have a very poor conception of supply and demand. You contradict yourself.

You guys are comical. I've had an 03 Cobra, 08 Z06, 13 Shelby, and now a C7. All these cars once commanded adm. I've gotten deals on all of them. So, trust me, I completely understand supply and demand. I surely understand it better than these idiots paying over sticker. Stop spot reading posts. No one has answered my original questions yet.

BlownAway03

Established Member
Could you guys please stop it already. Take it off line.

Back on topic please.

My dealer is out at LS to drive the GT350s and he was speaking to another dealer who sold his R for $50K over and his non Rs for $30K over.

Can't imagine that helping any of us when all the dealers get together and start bragging about how much they are selling these cars for......Steve

People are dumber than I thought. Over $100k for an R is plain retarded.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You guys are comical. I've had an 03 Cobra, 08 Z06, 13 Shelby, and now a C7. All these cars once commanded adm. I've gotten deals on all of them. So, trust me, I completely understand supply and demand. I surely understand it better than these idiots paying over sticker. Stop spot reading posts. No one has answered my original questions yet.
I'll bite, what's your question?

BlownAway03

Established Member
I'll bite, what's your question?

I originally simply asked how long this adm practice had been in play. I'm 31 and wasn't around for the last good car era. I was just wondering did these things happen with cars like Grand Nationals, Hemi Cudas, etc. I simply cited my Vette purchase in that post and was attacked. I didn't care to make this a C7 vs. GT350 spat. I just expressed the wish that we, as car guys, could just control the impulses better, therefore controlling the market. It's like many don't realize adm only exists because people pay it. I know that's wishful thinking because the folks with more money than brains, but a guy can wish.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I originally simply asked how long this adm practice had been in play. I'm 31 and wasn't around for the last good car era. I was just wondering did these things happen with cars like Grand Nationals, Hemi Cudas, etc. I simply cited my Vette purchase in that post and was attacked. I didn't care to make this a C7 vs. GT350 spat. I just expressed the wish that we, as car guys, could just control the impulses better, therefore controlling the market. It's like many don't realize adm only exists because people pay it. I know that's wishful thinking because the folks with more money than brains, but a guy can wish.

It's been around forever. If there are 10 cars out there, and 20 people want them...dealers can charge over MSRP and still sell them.

Dodge thought they would defeat this on the Hellcats, guess what, they didn't. Dealers are still able to sell them with a healthy ADM and get allocation for the next year.

Looking back, when the 2005-06 GT's were selling for $10-25k over MSRP, everyone here should have purchased as many as they could. They're bringing 150% of that now.

ADM's will always be around as long as there are more buyers in the market than there are products.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

I've heard stories about $10,000 ADMs on the Miata's when they first came out. People paid it too.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

I can remember back to the 2000Cobra R where you could get $5k over for one locally.

I don't know further than that

Users who are viewing this thread