Getting a GT350 at MSRP

Cobradude72

Established Member
OK, first off let me say this might need to be placed elsewhere on this forum but I decided to post it here first do to the lack of a better idea, secondly, I understand it's probably a little early in the game to be asking this but the early bird gets the worm so here I am, I am looking to pre-order a Standard GT350 at MSRP, I have a 2013 Boss 302 I am wanting to trade in on the 350 and I am located in North Texas Dallas/Ft worth area and am willing to drive cross country to get a GT350 at MSRP, I realize this is far fetched to be wanting one of the first 350's at MSRP but as I understand it's not impossible. So if there are any dealers on this forum that could help me with this request, it would be greatly appreciated. And could you please PM me your contact info.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just order one. Nobody pays markup on a car they special ordered for themselves.

Cobradude72

Established Member
Just order one. Nobody pays markup on a car they special ordered for themselves.

Unfortunately they can, I've already spoken to multiple dealerships including my local one which I have a almost decade long relationship with, non so far have been able to promise MSRP pricing or anything less than a $10k mark-up even on the regular GT350. I know they're out there, dealerships that stand by the MSRP.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately they can, I've already spoken to multiple dealerships including my local one which I have a almost decade long relationship with, non so far have been able to promise MSRP pricing or anything less than a $10k mark-up even on the regular GT350. I know they're out there, dealerships that stand by the MSRP.

There are some that are out there. But a dealer right now can't even promise they'll get allocation. If someone guarantees you one today and takes any kind of deposit, just understand that they may not even get an allocation.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Don't give a dealer a deposit for a car that you can't even order

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
They are going to mark them up even if you order them just because they can. You won't be getting one of these at msrp.

Cobradude72

Established Member
They are going to mark them up even if you order them just because they can. You won't be getting one of these at msrp.

yee of little faith, I will, if not for any reason but to prove ppl like this wrong, plenty of people got their 13-14 gt500s, c7s, c7 z06's at msrp around the time they first started showing up at dealerships, this car wont be any different.

shelbysvt

Established Member
yee of little faith, I will, if not for any reason but to prove ppl like this wrong, plenty of people got their 13-14 gt500s, c7s, c7 z06's at msrp around the time they first started showing up at dealerships, this car wont be any different.

I got my 2013 shelby at 2k above invoice, and I was one of the first in the country to have theirs :).

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member

I don't think that's true either. But more believable than you getting one of the first 350's at msrp.

hognutz

Established Member
you will just have to call around. don't let the people tell you it can't be done becuase that is just BS. some delerships have $500 above invoice standard pricing stuctures and such. the real trick to this is finding a dealership without the markup mentality first. I paid supplier on my 13 Zl1 but like you I called many dealerships and ended up finding one in arkansas that just had the car courtesy delivered to oregon. (chevy's drop ship)

I am trying to get my Local dealer to go MSRP or xplan but they don't even have a clue if they will get an allocation yet so they may want to hold there 1 car hostage to the highest bidder. This same dealer did offer me a 2013 GT500 at MSRP.

Without allocations anounced right now it might make it tougher. I am in the same boat and just might have to start calling and emailing the entire world but so far everbody is pretty clueless.

guarnibl

Established Member
OK, first off let me say this might need to be placed elsewhere on this forum but I decided to post it here first do to the lack of a better idea, secondly, I understand it's probably a little early in the game to be asking this but the early bird gets the worm so here I am, I am looking to pre-order a Standard GT350 at MSRP, I have a 2013 Boss 302 I am wanting to trade in on the 350 and I am located in North Texas Dallas/Ft worth area and am willing to drive cross country to get a GT350 at MSRP, I realize this is far fetched to be wanting one of the first 350's at MSRP but as I understand it's not impossible. So if there are any dealers on this forum that could help me with this request, it would be greatly appreciated. And could you please PM me your contact info.

The dealer that I went to for service here is asking $100k over sticker (so the dude claimed -- absolutely bonkers I know) but I think that was for the R (he seemed pretty clueless anyway). They wanted $20k over sticker for the GT's for the first couple of weeks. In general their mentality is get as much as they can for the car, and in Scottsdale/PHX there's lots of people who will pay. Claimed they got almost that amount over for the first GT500 they sold... so who knows.

I think you'll be able to get one at sticker or under but not right away... but dealers who will do that ARE out there. There's people who have certainly made out quite well and gotten invoice or slightly over on newly released ones. I paid slightly above sticker for my Boss 302 brand new ($1000 over). I had a trade and made out pretty well on the car prior (traded it nearly for what I paid 18 months later) so I didn't mind as much.

Depending on price tag, it may push me to get the R vs a GT3 instead.

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Both my Shelby and Raptor were purchased under MSRP. It just takes an established relationship with a dealer or taking the effort to find that one dealer out of hundreds that will work with you. Just please don't believe it can't happen because it does everyday.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Both my Shelby and Raptor were purchased under MSRP. It just takes an established relationship with a dealer or taking the effort to find that one dealer out of hundreds that will work with you. Just please don't believe it can't happen because it does everyday.

Those aren't rare though.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Those aren't rare though.

I never said they were.

Your belief that it's not true people got these vehicles at or under MSRP, which you stated just a few posts earlier, is false. I believe a Special Edition Raptor for under MSRP when just about every other dealer is doing 10-15k mark ups on trucks with just the 801a package is a pretty good deal. My Shelby, with taxes, tag, etc., out the door was still WELL under MSRP when every other dealer within 100miles with inventory was asking 10k over sticker.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I never said they were.

Your belief that it's not true people got these vehicles at or under MSRP, which you stated just a few posts earlier, is false. I believe a Special Edition Raptor for under MSRP when just about every other dealer is doing 10-15k mark ups on trucks with just the 801a package is a pretty good deal. My Shelby, with taxes, tag, etc., out the door was still WELL under MSRP when every other dealer within 100miles with inventory was asking 10k over sticker.

Good job. I don't know the details of your purchase. I'm honestly shocked there would be a markup on a gt500 or a raptor. There seems to be a lot more hype around these cars for some reason. I could care less what anyone pays for their car. I can call people idiots all day long but it's their money and my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm not saying people won't get them at msrp just not the initial wave of them. If they make 10,000 of them the first year obviously after they start selling it will be very easy

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Good job. I don't know the details of your purchase. I'm honestly shocked there would be a markup on a gt500 or a raptor. There seems to be a lot more hype around these cars for some reason. I could care less what anyone pays for their car. I can call people idiots all day long but it's their money and my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm not saying people won't get them at msrp just not the initial wave of them. If they make 10,000 of them the first year obviously after they start selling it will be very easy

The dealer I use averaged less than 5 days to move their GT500s and just over 3 days for their Raptors. I have another dealer 1 mile from my house that had three 14 Raptors on the lot. They were 801a packages with bead locks and a market adjustment of 10k. They only have one left. Hell my dealer just sold a 2014 with 12k miles for MSRP lol. Maybe it's just the area that I'm in but both of those models commanded a premium when new and still today.

I hope my posts are not coming off as abrasive as that's not my intention. It just kind of irks me when people act as though "good" (which is a very relative term) deals can't be had.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I purchased the VERY first 12 Boss 302 on March 16th 2011 for $500 UNDER MSRP.:banana: It wasn't serial number 1 but I was the FIRST person in the country driving the new Boss:burnout:

That sorta thing happens once in a lifetime. That fact led to me getting a long line of firsts for the new Boss 302 ending with 785RWHP!!!

ahh the memories....

Now back on topic, yes you will be able to buy these at MSRP. Do your research and it pays to know people;-):coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread