Getting a 03 Lighting tomorrow!

ajnasrah20083

Established Member
I have been talking to this guy about this thing for a while now, and it looks like it's mine tomorrow. And I am excited as a mother ****er! I am planning on doing a 2.3 whipple, cam's ported heads, etc. I just need ALOT of suggestions so please! What's the website to order mod's for these things? Pics as soon as i pick it up tomorrow!

4a7191a

Established Member
oh, and dont waste your money on ported heads. trick flow all the way.
first mods should be a punisher VB, cold air, pulley, catback and tune.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
oh, and dont waste your money on ported heads. trick flow all the way.
first mods should be a punisher VB, cold air, pulley, catback and tune.

That's a good list to start with, but the exhaust will basically only give you more sound.

ajnasrah20083

Established Member
Alot of money like what? I am making plenty of money weekly. I am ordering a JLT intake, american racing headers, o/r y pipe, no cats, and mac exhaust (IMO best option out there). Once i get the time, i will order forged internals and the whipple and have a shop down here do it all, and tune it at a place that everyone is suggesting about 2 1.2 hours away. It would be nice to have around 800hp in this truck, without spending 100 grand, lol

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
You might as well just go all in and have the motor built and throw on the 3.4 whipple and have it tuned and see where that puts you at HP wise then decide if you would want to try to get more power out of it.

ajnasrah20083

Established Member
^^^Exactly what i am thinking about! I am a newbe to the lightning world, so please help me out. I was some descent long tube headers ( NO Ebay edition), o/r Catless midpipe, and mac mufflers (NO CATS)!! I know where to get the mac's for 300 new, but will the bassini's y pipe fit LT's? and what lt's are good, not more than 400$ and don't rust quick, any help is very appreciated! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread