Get into it hard with Skittle owner

Nino S

Established Member
I do not know if it belongs in Road Kill or not but whatever. I am on my way out to get some lunch today in my RT and i spot a SRT4 at the light I am coming up to. 3 lanes, hes in far left, I am in far right, minivan in the middle lol. We both edge up and eye each other, i throw her into neutral and throw a friendly rumble. Looks at me and starts laughing, then practically redlines his neon. So after all this I think that he wants to go so as soon as the light hit green i nail it. But after clearing around 45mph i notice that he didnt even launch of the light so I wasa a little pissed. We roll up to the next light and I scream over to him why didnt he launch and run. This is the shit he gives me, "You really think that I would waste my time running THAT truck? this thing beats Lightning's!" . I followed up saying that there is no way in hell that sotck piece would touch a lightning. And he replies with some BS but how trucks can never be as fast as cars and a whole bunch of other garbage. And we are going at it between each other at a stop light. In the middle of a sentance the light turns and he nails it when I am still screaming at him. I didnt even bother tryin to chase because it would have been a lost cause to get any kind of sense into that kids head. And this fuggin skittle still had the stock exhaust, I believe it was a stage one, but it sure didnt sound like anything special. The driver was probaly no older then 17, probably out on open campus from the HS down the street. I just wanted to share with you guys on how apathetic and uninformed some kids are. You give them a shitty made car with a turbo and it and they think that it is the baddest thing on the street. fuggin skittles

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Hence why we get bad reputations. You should have taken your truck, ran his skittle off the road, beat the shit out of the kid, taken his skittle, put it on Ebay and make yourself a few grand. Then take that few grand and turbocharge your truck and have one hell of a beast. I never underestimate any car on the road.

On a side note. This does hurt just a little. "You give them a shitty made car with a turbo and it and they think that it is the baddest thing on the street. fuggin skittles" I know it's a neon I am not arguing that. But the brakes, transmission and engine have proven to be reliable. There are guys with 400+ whp on stock internals with over 30,000 miles and no problems. The interior is a plastic piece of shit, but other then that the cars drivetrain and internals are Not poorly made.

Nino S

Established Member
Yeah I feel what you are saying SRT-4 TURBO7, it is just assholes like these that give your car a terrible rep. I was just a little heated when i typed this but I do have much respect for guys like you that throw serious money into a car and actually make it run impressive times. It was just that this guy didn't even have a pipe on it and had the ego to talk that kind of trash.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Nino S said:
Yeah I feel what you are saying SRT-4 TURBO7, it is just assholes like these that give your car a terrible rep. I was just a little heated when i typed this but I do have much respect for guys like you that throw serious money into a car and actually make it run impressive times. It was just that this guy didn't even have a pipe on it and had the ego to talk that kind of trash.

Hey man no worries. I completely understand, I would have been just as pissed off. Actually I know of a few SRT owners that talk way more trash then they ever should. I try to inform them, but some are just too clueless for words. That is why I usually do not attend the local SRT meets anymore, unless a couple of the other level headed SRT owners I know are going to be there.

FYI: "for guys like you that throw serious money into a car and actually make it run impressive times" According to my receipts I have $2,543 into the car (that is including performance, cosmetics, and stereo). The classifieds section is my best friend and for all your stereo needs my uncle owns his own shop :) I wish I had times for you, but I will very soon. I should be high 12's @ 110mph with drag radials, but only time will tell.

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
very nice guys.....my friend has a skittle and wants to race me so badly. I just dont do it because I dont want any one of us to have bragging rights:)

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Did I see the word Lightning what????? Oh hell noooooo....of course Im the one after the win always being a smart eleck saying "Its just a truck"

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
with 590 and 551, i wouldnt have one worry if i were you. Even if he has a bottle GOODBYE!

I hope so. I heard he's still on the stock turbo and not sure what else except he's running 23psi. I need to get some more information. If need be, I'll go get some race gas and some M/T's :rockon:

also, I'll be packing over 600 to the ground when I race him :)

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
hydroshutter said:
I hope so. I heard he's still on the stock turbo and not sure what else except he's running 23psi. I need to get some more information. If need be, I'll go get some race gas and some M/T's :rockon:

also, I'll be packing over 600 to the ground when I race him :)

Stock turbo you have nothing to worry about.

23psi His little hair dryer turbo is out of it's efficiency range unless it's just for a very quick 23psi spike.

He better have a big shot of the giggle juice if he even wants hope of being able to still see your taillights.

And 400hp at the flywheel on the stock turbo without the giggle juice is very very very hard. I have personally NOT heard of it being done yet. Best I have heard of is around 315whp on the stock turbo, pump gas, and no N2O.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
There are two local ones both of which are trapping in the 120+mph range and making 450-500fwhp. I witnessed one of them put down 473fwhp this weekend. Those are generally just a few out there like that, but I still find it impressive that the stock block can handle that much power.

Good kill and it's true that some SRT-4 owners are dicks. :beer:

simpman

game artist
Established Member
I'm not in a neon but if someone in a dakota or similar truck was reving on me in the Cobra, I would think they wanted to hear my exhaust or see me launch or something like that.

PSI87

Banned
Nino S said:
I do not know if it belongs in Road Kill or not but whatever. I am on my way out to get some lunch today in my RT and i spot a SRT4 at the light I am coming up to. 3 lanes, hes in far left, I am in far right, minivan in the middle lol. We both edge up and eye each other, i throw her into neutral and throw a friendly rumble. Looks at me and starts laughing, then practically redlines his neon. So after all this I think that he wants to go so as soon as the light hit green i nail it. But after clearing around 45mph i notice that he didnt even launch of the light so I wasa a little pissed. We roll up to the next light and I scream over to him why didnt he launch and run. This is the shit he gives me, "You really think that I would waste my time running THAT truck? this thing beats Lightning's!" . I followed up saying that there is no way in hell that sotck piece would touch a lightning. And he replies with some BS but how trucks can never be as fast as cars and a whole bunch of other garbage. And we are going at it between each other at a stop light. In the middle of a sentance the light turns and he nails it when I am still screaming at him. I didnt even bother tryin to chase because it would have been a lost cause to get any kind of sense into that kids head. And this fuggin skittle still had the stock exhaust, I believe it was a stage one, but it sure didnt sound like anything special. The driver was probaly no older then 17, probably out on open campus from the HS down the street. I just wanted to share with you guys on how apathetic and uninformed some kids are. You give them a shitty made car with a turbo and it and they think that it is the baddest thing on the street. fuggin skittles
Sorry you ran into that kid. One of many bad apples unfortunantly.

hydroshutter said:
There is a local one here that is rumored to have 400hp that is talking shit.
Yeah, a 400whp SRT wouldn't stand a chance in hell. My car weighs like 965lbs less than a Cobra, so in theory, my 400whp should be even with a 490whp cobra, give or take. But 590whp, get out of here, theres maybe 10 SRT-4s on earth that can run with that. btw, 400whp stock turbo... yeah, very very unlikely.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
simpman said:
I'm not in a neon but if someone in a dakota or similar truck was reving on me in the Cobra, I would think they wanted to hear my exhaust or see me launch or something like that.

thats exactly what i would have though, why would you race your truck? I frigging hate people who try and race with trucks or 95's aleros, just retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread