GERD surgery

jdcobra

Established Member
There's no money in the cure....Big Pharma needs customers and the doctors are just their glorified dope peddlers....

Pretty much...I’m sure they have cures for a bunch of illnesses and diseases, but would put them out of commission. That’s really sad that people would rather see others suffer, than to be well...

jdcobra

Established Member
Here’s some irony for y’all. Went to follow up with my GI this morning regarding the manometry and my motility is back in the esophagus, so it’s nice and strong. BUT, the Stretta made my LES a tad bit tighter than we anticipated because we thought it was permanently damaged.

So now they are going to have to go back in and do a minor dilation which is no big deal. Because with the tighter LES, it’s like having minor Achalasia so I have GERD symptoms without actually having GERD

At least it’s mostly good news. They didn’t anticipate my LES recovering after the bile and acid was splashing on it for as long as it did, but it did.

jdcobra

Established Member
Well, the Stretta didn’t last long but it did restore the peristalsis in my esophagus and makes the PPI’s work better. I’m having the LINX procedure next week on the 31st! From what I’ve been told and read, the recovery period will be a little rough but nothing compared to what I’ve gone through. Will let y’all know how it goes!

jdcobra

Established Member
Got the LINX today! Surgeon found a 1cm hiatal hernia and got me all fixed up. Said that 90% of my symptoms should be gone and as I lose weight, the percentage of success goes up.

jdcobra

Established Member
Day 3 update: feeling pretty good! Having to take a bite or two of something every hour I’m awake for the next 6 weeks which is probably the biggest hassle. Biggest complaint is the air still trapped in my shoulder from the procedure but if that’s all the pain I have to deal with for a few days I’m ok with it.
Definitely recommend the procedure if you’re a candidate, just make sure you do your due diligence and find a surgeon who’s done it hundreds of times like mine has.

jdcobra

Established Member
This Friday marks week 6. So far this has been the best decision I’ve ever made. The only issue with the procedure is having to eat something every hour while awake to keep the device opening and closing while the scar tissue heals around it.

Unfortunately I have some chest discomfort (hypersensitivity) that’s being treated by tricyclic antidepressants and slowly going away.

If you’re eligible, I’d recommend going this route before a fundoplication as it allows to burp and vomit if need be.

Hope this helps anyone else who maybe suffering and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread