Gen3 VMP TVS

Nicssvt

Established Member
Will a stock motor handle this with headers, fore lv2 in deadhead configuration with ID 1050x on 92 octane, or would I be better with a gen 2 I don’t want to have to run octane booster all the time.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Will a stock motor handle this with headers, fore lv2 in deadhead configuration with ID 1050x on 92 octane, or would I be better with a gen 2 I don’t want to have to run octane booster all the time.

This is a question for your tuner but yes the Gen 3 will work well with your stock motor. Keep the boost and timing conservative and you can run 92 with no issues. You can have a separate tune if you add more octane for a race tune.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
The part that baffles me is how LP is still selling the GT500 TB for $529! But if you build the 2.65 TVS package on LP, it's $799? Why would anyone do that? Just order the TB separate and save $270.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I bet they haven’t been informed of the price increase. I bought my throttle body off MalcolmV8 and when I did, he told me that the throttle body came with the elbow between the blower and the throttle body. I didn’t think it did, but he called his rep to verify for me one way or the other. It no longer came with the elbow. Malcolm said they used to sell it as a kit. Sounds like VMP possibly makes price changes and other things and they don’t get communicated properly.

I would say if someone wanted a GT 500 throttle body, they better buy one from Lethal Performance fast! But I would be willing to bet it ships directly from VMP, so you may or may not get it for the 529 price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birchman1310

Established Member
I bet they haven’t been informed of the price increase. I bought my throttle body off MalcolmV8 and when I did, he told me that the throttle body came with the elbow between the blower and the throttle body. I didn’t think it did, but he called his rep to verify for me one way or the other. It no longer came with the elbow. Malcolm said they used to sell it as a kit. Sounds like VMP possibly makes price changes and other things and they don’t get communicated properly.

I would say if someone wanted a GT 500 throttle body, they better buy one from Lethal Performance fast! But I would be willing to bet it ships directly from VMP, so you may or may not get it for the 529 price.

I was just looking at TPS's website and the gt500 TB was $829! Lol but the 2.3 tvs alone is only $2700....looks like I'll be piecing a new 2.3 kit together from a couple sources. Tps for the blower and LP for the TB. All in, $3300 shipped.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I was just looking at TPS's website and the gt500 TB was $829! Lol but the 2.3 tvs alone is only $2700....looks like I'll be piecing a new 2.3 kit together from a couple sources. Tps for the blower and LP for the TB. All in, $3300 shipped.

Get with MalcolmV8 on some of that stuff. He is pretty competitive on cost. He can’t do anything on he throttle body now from what he told me.

Birchman1310

Established Member
Get with MalcolmV8 on some of that stuff. He is pretty competitive on cost. He can’t do anything on he throttle body now from what he told me.

Malcolm usually is awesome! Unfortunately he couldn't beat TPS. That price is crazy low. $2800 shipped! I did ask Malcolm about 2.3 pricing going forward but he said we probably won't see a price drop in the 2.3 for a while so it doesn't compete with the new 2.65. Regardless, I'm bumping up from a stock eaton to a 2.3 TVS.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Malcolm usually is awesome! Unfortunately he couldn't beat TPS. That price is crazy low. $2800 shipped! I did ask Malcolm about 2.3 pricing going forward but he said we probably won't see a price drop in the 2.3 for a while so it doesn't compete with the new 2.65. Regardless, I'm bumping up from a stock eaton to a 2.3 TVS.

It’s an awesome little blower! Love mine!

zredfire04

Established Member
i expect the 2.65 to be worth enough power that swapping from a stock eaton to it will make sense.

i also expect that it won't be worth swapping from a 2.3 for most folks.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately lethal corrected the price and cancelled the shipment at the price.

I have never had any luck, but I got lucky and ordered mine a couple days before VMP raised their price! I checked Lethal's website the other day and was wondering when they would get the memo.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Wait, is my take off stock GT500 TB worth $529 now?
Can't wait to eventually have a VMP Gen 3 Cobra.
-J

SNISTR1

Established Member
Looking forward to the results for sure. I’m going to be In the market come sep-oct time frame. At the price point with the gt500 TB though. It looks like il be going with a 2.9 crusher next time LP offers 15% off.

Users who are viewing this thread