Gen 3 Raptor to be unveiled Feb 3rd

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
NO way man! FCA is crap! And AOC was almost killed on Jan 6th!
LMFAO

giphy.gif

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
So where was what I said incorrect? It was common knowledge the TRX was coming down the pipe line, Ford was in turn reactive to that if they do plop the predator engine in it.

also keep in mind the TRX concept first seen was based off a 4th Gen platform. FCA revamped the whole platform and then made the updated TRX and brought it to market prior to Ford doing anything with a V8 in an existing platform that some of their customer base wanted.

for was doubling down on the ecoboost line up, if they put the predator engine in even as a special edition, are we to believe they always planned that?

Was it common knowledge? For years everyone forgot about it, same thing with the 392 Wrangler, even after the Bronco came out and spy shots existed the Jeep guys called BS because they had given up on the idea.

There is no way we will ever know if it was reactive, or FP wanted a supercharged V8 but had to make due with an HO 3.5. Not to mention at this point, we still have no idea if it will come in the truck.

I am concerned it will be a powerboost. The added weight will ruin it.

kaz109

Established Member
Does a F150 Platinum count?? It was a 2020.
My buddy has one. GORGEOUS!! It's that white pearl paint with tons of metallic flake in it. The name escapes me at the moment.

2020 isn’t the new Gen with the updated interior. I have a 2020, it’s shit.... not GM shit but it’s not great . 2021 is leaps and bounds better

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
2021 isn’t the new Gen with the updated interior. I have a 2020, it’s shit.... not GM shit but it’s not great . 2021 is leaps and bounds better
I've just seen photos online, not in person.

The interior in the Rams are pretty nasty, starting with my '16 Ram Sport rcsb and getting better every year there after. The upgraded interior in the TRX is nasty. NASTY!

kaz109

Established Member

The interior in the Rams are pretty nasty, starting with my '16 Ram Sport rcsb and getting better every year there after. The upgraded interior in the TRX is nasty. NASTY!

The interior in the TRX isn’t upgraded just some TRX badging on the seats and other places but I will agree ram was worlds better than anybody else. I just think the new F150 layout , fit n finish narrows the gap. I still think I am leaning towards the ram but I can’t say for sure until I see a fully loaded F150 interior ( full leather and carbon) like I have in the ram.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
2020 isn’t the new Gen with the updated interior. I have a 2020, it’s shit.... not GM shit but it’s not great . 2021 is leaps and bounds better

Been in the 2021 F150 and its worlds ahead of the previous, but Ram set the interior standard and continues to do so

kaz109

Established Member
Was it common knowledge? For years everyone forgot about it, same thing with the 392 Wrangler, even after the Bronco came out and spy shots existed the Jeep guys called BS because they had given up on the idea.

There is no way we will ever know if it was reactive, or FP wanted a supercharged V8 but had to make due with an HO 3.5. Not to mention at this point, we still have no idea if it will come in the truck.

I am concerned it will be a powerboost. The added weight will ruin it.

A H.O powerboost would without a doubt be the best motor for the truck and would kill the TRX in every measurable category including the possibility of a generator but I doubt they will do it because I wouldn’t think it would be able to withstand all the abuse of high speed bouncing around and jumping as the Raptor is designed to do with the complexity of that system.

H.O powerboost would be my choice but if that isn’t an option then give me the V8

kaz109

Established Member
Been in the 2021 F150 and its worlds ahead of the previous, but Ram set the interior standard and continues to do so

I’m not totally disagreeing with you , I’m just reserving judgment until I see the top trim level in person .

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

Copy the TRX. Hope they do the engine also, and not just music.

I mean, not exactly "copying" TRX, if anything it's a shot returned at the TRX for all the shots they took at Ford.

"You used the wrong sandman song, pussy" ~Ford, probably

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ford needs to steal that hellcat thunder and put a GT500 motor in a Explorer as well. Maybe reintroduce a predator motor lightning too. F150 is without a doubt Fords bread and butter, why not give people what they want?
Because Ford knows better. Or so they think.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Pop the hood indeed. I think everyone has a sense that Ford will once again under deliver. Sure would be nice if they shocked the world and did what everyone wanted them to do even if only once.
Dont say that, we gotta keep our hopes up.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think Ford has to outdo Ram at this point and doing that requires the Predator motor. With the F series being their bread and butter and Ram knocking on their door, they can't afford to let Ram have any advantage here, even on paper. Farley seems to take these competitions seriously even though he has a lot of shortcomings so let's hope he demanded that Ford Performance install the Predator or something even better.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Ford is playing the safe long game while Dodge is firing guns in the air to celebrate whats left of freedom
FCA is playing the "Ill generate a ton more interest in my truck" game and its worked. Ford has one shot with the Predator. FCA has MULTIPLE shots with the Hellcat engine: Base, Redeye, Demon (or whatever model specific monikers Ram decides to call them). Ford better pray that the 3rd Gen Raptor is light years ahead of where the TRX is. Though TBH, the TRX platform looks robust enough that the aftermarket may be able to improve where FCA had shortcomings.

Its certainly not putting down the Predator engine. Even with a package that focuses more on torque for offroading, that engine will serve Raptor well.

Its just an obvious, and what looked like a very reluctant, response to TRX. Its shaping up to be a hell of a battle. May the best truck win!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If Ford does the Predator in the next Raptor, my bet is that they also offer the first truck application of the 7 speed DCT that has been reworked for the application by Tremec to be more robust for a truck. That will be the top headlining point for it.

Users who are viewing this thread