Gen 3 Coyote Swapped 93 Cobra

SLOWBRA

Established Member
What's up fellow SVTP members! Welcome to the new Coyote Swapped forum.

This journey began back in early 2023 when I was itching for more power our of my 93. After a month of debating I decided to go with a Gen 3 Coyote crate engine - Christian at Power by the Hour made the fulfillment of the key essentials easy to locate as well. This is also when I met Zack (@poisoned apple), a fellow 00R owner with a red 93 Cobra wanting to do a similar swap that had the same attention to detail that I did. A handful of messages later we decided to go down this path together and document our projects to help others demystify the swap.

In this build thread you'll see my goal was to preserve as much of this low mileage (21,000) mile 93 Cobra as possible during the swap - this meant creative ways to avoid drilling into the car as well as hiding as much of the Swiss cheese already in the engine bay.

I'll use this thread to highlight information about this project and update with additional detailed information over time. Hopefully this inspires you and provides confidence that you too can do it!

Detailed overview of the build (will update as project build continues):
- 1993 Cobra (exactly 21K miles at time of swap)
- Gen 3 Coyote Crate with FRPP Control Pack (Manual), CMCV removed
- TKX (18085), FRPP TKX bell housing, SN95 clutch fork, FRPP adj. clutch cable, quadrant, MM firewall adapter, McLeod Super Street 11" clutch, MGW TKX shifter
- Sanden SD7 AC (Fathead Garage hidden accumulator/lines)
- 03 Hydroboost, Mod motor Power Steering pump with AN fittings (Jarvis Beaver custom AN lines)
- Power by the Hour Coyote Swap brackets (Alternator/Power Steering Pump)
- 3.73s, Eaton TrueTrac, FRPP cover
- Body harness wire tuck
- Retain all factory gauges
- MM Coyote Swap K-Member, Bilstein Coil Overs, CC plates, bump steer, steering shaft, solid steering rack spacers
- Kenny Brown subframe/matrix, Kenny Brown lower control arms, Kenny Brown Panhard bar.
- 5 lug Ford MotorSport axles/bracket conversion, 1994-1995 front spindles
- Cobra R wheels and calipers
- Custom splitters fabricated by Carter's Customs

Below are a few pictures of the progress along the way… More updates to come soon :)
Ext0.jpg
Eng3.jpg

Crate.jpg

Eng5.jpg
Eng4.jpg

Last edited:

BlackStang00

Established Member
Looks great! I like the fact that you kept the stock gauges. I understand why people do it but I can’t stand those ugly ass aftermarket gauges people throw in after swaps like this. Are you going to track it?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Looks great! I like the fact that you kept the stock gauges. I understand why people do it but I can’t stand those ugly ass aftermarket gauges people throw in after swaps like this. Are you going to track it?

Thanks! Keeping the cluster was important to me especially given the mileage on the car itself. Once the odo hit 21,000 I did the swap :)

This car will see the track quite a bit this year - mainly road courses, but I look forward to a few 1/4 mile events too. I'll post up some pictures of the chassis and suspension upgrades.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Awesome car! Please let us know how the TKX works, especially at high rpms, once you get there. It's been on my radar for years for my M1. Reports I've read so far have been positive.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Thanks! Keeping the cluster was important to me especially given the mileage on the car itself. Once the odo hit 21,000 I did the swap :)

This car will see the track quite a bit this year - mainly road courses, but I look forward to a few 1/4 mile events too. I'll post up some pictures of the chassis and suspension upgrades.
That thing isn’t even broken in yet! I look forward to the results. The gen 3 is a great motor. I’ve owned 4 s550’s all with the gen 2 coyote and none have given me a single issue.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Awesome car! Please let us know how the TKX works, especially at high rpms, once you get there. It's been on my radar for years for my M1. Reports I've read so far have been positive.
The TKX is an interesting experience. Quite mechanical and notchy feeling when slow shifting at low rpms. However, quick shifts at high rpm have been flawless especially with the MGW shifter I added a week ago. Will report back after the track events to see how she really does.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
That thing isn’t even broken in yet! I look forward to the results. The gen 3 is a great motor. I’ve owned 4 s550’s all with the gen 2 coyote and none have given me a single issue.
I know!! Trying hard to drive it everywhere I go. I passed 800 miles on the build this past weekend after taking a nice cruise to a mustang gathering in Greensboro hosted by NC Stangs. I’ll post up the dyno sheet and videos soon too :)

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a lot of fun with old cars.

Then came the SN95 cars with track speed. My old Cobra was fast:

Mitty2013.jpg

Yes, a new Coyote would have been much faster.

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Excellent? Now whats ur first power adder?
Now that’s the spirit. Haha! It’s crosses my mind on a weekly basis when driving my Roush truck, which has a Gen 3 + SC. I’m sure this will be more than enough for the track and cruising as is given it’s low weight. One big thing preventing me from going down the power adder route initially was that I do not like aftermarket hoods especially on 93 Cobra’s. I lowered the K a bit already, but I don’t think it would support a whipple under the hood.

kaz109

Established Member
Very cool build, I want to do this with a notchback and a voodoo motor

Users who are viewing this thread