Gen 3 2.9L Whipple S550 Mustang GT Dyno Results - VIDEO INSIDE -

Trevor@FatFab

Hello everyone,

We at Fathouse Fabrications recently finished up installing a Gen 3 2.9L Whipple Supercharger kit on our customer's 2016 Automatic S550 Mustang GT. The only other modifications to the car are Roush Axle-Back Exhuast and billet OPG's. We tuned the car conseratively on 91 octane because it was getting shipped overseas, and on 9 psi the final results were 673 rwhp and 559 rwtq.

Below is the dyno video as well as some photos of the install.

1534uba.jpg

6zltnb.jpg

15qcl0w.jpg

29lilhx.jpg

25z14yv.jpg

95vf2x.jpg

iz1641.jpg

fyew4j.jpg

Last edited:

Ben@fatfab

This is a safe tune at low boost for 91 octane, no sense in pushing it. Its also stock throttle body. The big throttle body is worth quite a bit of power.

AFR is perfectly fine for this setup ;)

Ben@fatfab

It’s stock exhaust tail pipe reading. They are full closed loop and it’s 0.79 lambda

Tail pipe reading is usually 0.7afr leaner than actual and cats will make it read even more lean. So really no use in even having that on there. It’s not used I just forgot to remove it from the dyno graph before I saved it as a jpeg.

We know what we are doing and the car is tuned very safely. ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You aren't rookies, Ben. Hopefully your overseas customer will be very pleased with the work you did. Nice numbers for a safe 91 octane tune. Just curious, what country is it being shipped to?

Ben@fatfab

Nice numbers for a safe 91 octane tune. Just curious, what country is it being shipped to?

Somewhere in Europe. I believe they have higher octane there we just have no way to test with it so we wanted to tune conservatively with 91 oct so he will be fine on any grade he uses there.

DarkMach1

Established Member
It’s stock exhaust tail pipe reading. They are full closed loop and it’s 0.79 lambda

Tail pipe reading is usually 0.7afr leaner than actual and cats will make it read even more lean. So really no use in even having that on there. It’s not used I just forgot to remove it from the dyno graph before I saved it as a jpeg.

We know what we are doing and the car is tuned very safely. ;)

Some are still living in the early 2000s judging tunes by tail pipe sniffers lol

smashedheadcat

Established Member
It's not really "living in the 2000's" going by the tailpipe, it's simply looking at what was posted. I appreciate the OP clearing up his commanded lambda setting though. I lived in Switzerland for a few years, and the fuel there is typically 98 octane. Provided the OEM sensors are functioning properly and see .79 lambda, this is a great spot to be in on 98 octane.

Something to keep in mind:

I understand most enthusiasts with any age on them have sort of calibrated their minds around the old 14.64 stoich (E0) pump gas. I'd be pretty confident in assuming that the tailpipe sniffer/readout is calibrated to read off othat scale as well.

For reference
.89 is 13.0 = OUCH (shown on the dyno graph)
.82 is 12.0 = Not conservative on 91
.79 is 11.56 = Sort of conservative on 91
.75 is 10.98 = Conservative on 91

You have oxygen sensors (that are not lab-grade) that each report an average of the lambda on a bank of four cylinders. Odds are, you've got a lean cylinder and you've got a rich one. The leaners cylinder may not be conservative at all.

Users who are viewing this thread