BAP
Magnaflow catback
Gord HE
Evenflow head cooling mod

Results (corrected)
589 rwhp
526 rwtq

94 Octane
14.6 psi mid range and climbing to 15 psi at redline.
Timing 23 degrees (although it logged a wee bit higher this am)
FPDC = 86% typical but it hit 90% once today.
MAF counts = 925 - 935?
IAT2's are the same or slightly better than my Eaton in the same heat.
IAt1's = 89 today with IAT2's = 121 - 125.

Observations:
The Whipple is much louder than I expected.

The initial hit seems less significant at my boost levels than my ported, upper + lower Eaton did at 535 rwtq. . Basically the power seems to come on different than waht I recall in the Eaton. However, the car pulls much harder up top than the Eaton ever did. In fact I broke my Nitto's loose at 5500 rpm in 2nd as I eased it from 2000 rpm to full throttle.

The gen2 blowers are really good in my opinion. Thanks to those who helped me though my issues during the install.

To those who are going to say it is a waste going to a Whipple at 15psi. I made an extra 100 rwhp over my ported, upper + lower Eaton with more than 1 lb less of boost (Eaton = 16.2 ; Whipple = 15psi).

Pics to follow. Anyone know how to post or shrink a 100mb video?

Last edited:

Fat-cat

Established Member
Good numbers man ...as i said on mod fords .. should ripp damn hard now

M240Bravo

Established Member
Just asking. Aren't those numbers low for a 2.3? I'm going to buy a 2.3 but I'm wanting over 600 wrhp.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
He most likely has the stock 3.5 upper and the stock lower. Those are very good #'s with that. A 4lb lower would give him 17lbs and more torque.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I made 589/525 with a gen-1 140ax at 15 psi as well. Great numbers! 3.25 upper on mine.

tjs98gt

Established Member
He most likely has the stock 3.5 upper and the stock lower. Those are very good #'s with that. A 4lb lower would give him 17lbs and more torque.

no lowers do not add any more torque than an upper pulley change will. all it does is up boost with in turn will increase horsepower and torque. there is no proven torque increase between changing boost via an upper pulley or lower pulley.

04RiceEater

Established Member
I have 2.3L Whipple with the 3.25 upper and stock lower and made 577 uncorrected on pump 93 (565) corrected. The boost is about 16psi. Anymore boost and I will have to run torco mix.

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
Thanks for the post... I have been amassing parts over time for my next upgrade. I should be pretty much the same setup! Your results are where I want to be.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Yeah, I guess I never mentioned that I am on the stock 3.5" upper.
My AFR was 11.2 - 11.8. However my timing is up a bit higher
than I may keep it. If I ever run across some bad 94 octane I
could hurt my engine.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice numbers at 15lbs. If it was me I think I would feel better kicking it up to 16-17lbs and pulling some timing back. Just a thought.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Congrats!....who did the install and tune?, I'm local to you in Miss.

I did the install myself - with a neighbours help to place the blower on. While I ahd the blower off it made sense to do the evenflow cooling mod at the same time.

If you get the blower let me know where you are and I could maybe help you out one day.

As a tip, I would buy all new lower intake bolts. I reused mine 3 times and broke one off in the intake and spent a ton of time trying to remove it. Next thing you know, I broke the bolt remover off trying to get the bolt out. Keep in mind the bolt removers are hardened steel. So I had to grind that out very carefully. Due to clearance issues, I had to pull the blower and lower intake off to get the bolt all the way out. Tapped the hole again and re-did the install.

DaSilva dyno tuned the car.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Very nice numbers at 15lbs. If it was me I think I would feel better kicking it up to 16-17lbs and pulling some timing back. Just a thought.

Wouldn't that put me in about the same boat as I am in now? More boost and a bit less timing on the same octane?:shrug:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Thanks for the post... I have been amassing parts over time for my next upgrade. I should be pretty much the same setup! Your results are where I want to be.

I would have been happy with 550ish rwhp. I think the single blade throttle body helped in that department.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
More boost and a bit less timing on the same octane?:shrug:
17lbs is still very conservative on 94 octane however 23* is a lot of timing on a Whipple. I would think too much timing would be more likely to cause predetonation than the combustion temp increase of spinning the blower faster. I'll admit I'm no expert but this seems to be the general philosophy of tuning these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread