GEN 2 TVS build (Wicked46)

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Remember one thing guys. HP is just a number and a dyno is used as a tuning tool. HP numbers change tremendously with air quality, temp, and from dyno-to-dyno. My car "only" put down 667HP but I disappoint A LOT of higher HP cars all the time ;)

I agree that numbers will vary from coast to coast, all I'm saying is both blowers with the similar mods,fuel, and PSI will put down similar numbers they're both good options for the street. As for track times, a true comparison is to run both cars with exact same mods, same PSI, and same driver. Most comparisons I've seen are people comparing a TVS with 20+psi on E-85 to a 2.3 whipple with less boost or on pump gas or any race fuel but it not being E-85 and then comeback saying the TVS is superior to the whipple. None the less I don't want to derail your thread and appologize as well, I enjoy build threads and your car is very impressive none the less.

Wise words. If only the internet dyno queens would pay attention.

Haha right. First it's said that a 2.3 whipple will not make over 700rwhp, proof is provided and now we're dyno queens? Interesting ...

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I agree that numbers will vary from coast to coast, all I'm saying is both blowers with the similar mods,fuel, and PSI will put down similar numbers they're both good options for the street. As for track times, a true comparison is to run both cars with exact same mods, same PSI, and same driver. Most comparisons I've seen are people comparing a TVS with 20+psi on E-85 to a 2.3 whipple with less boost or on pump gas or any race fuel but it not being E-85 and then comeback saying the TVS is superior to the whipple. None the less I don't want to derail your thread and appologize as well, I enjoy build threads and your car is very impressive none the less.

Could not have said it any better myself.

Wise words. If only the internet dyno queens would pay attention.

Internet dyno queens, or just a stickler for good information? Call it whatever you see fit. There is nothing wrong with a challenge or rebuttal to misinformation, as was the case with Justin's statement.

For what it's worth, I love what you FL boys are doing with the TVS - as well as SYMach1, KC_SVT, and others. But some people do make unsubstantiated claims against the 2.3L Whipple favoring the TVS, which is not good information. Not pointing the finger at any one person specifically, but it happens regularly on here when these two blowers 'meet' in discussion. And this would be my position for someone making a claim against the TVS in favor of the 2.3L as well.

… Thread back on topic..

03dsgdreams

Established Member
^ Yeah his 2011 gt/cs auto is a beast. It ran 9.88 in the quarter mile on boost only and 9.50s with a little NOS! It has a bone stock 6r80, completely stock suspension and ran those times on heavy ass 20 inch wheels with a drag radial. I had mentioned to him that i was thinking about eventually swapping my whipple 2.3 for a gen 2 vmp tvs with the gt500 TB, JLT big air and and switching to E85. My previous post on this thread was his response. I was surprised that he said that because i knew that he had a TVS in his car.

Users who are viewing this thread