Gen 2 Killer Chiller install

2highpsi

Established Member
I bought a Killer Chiller in one of the group buys late last year. I went to start putting it in and realized that the thing looks significantly different than the Gen1 in all the install instructions.

This KC has ports at the top AND the bottom.

I searched and every set of instructions I find are for the old on that has all 4 connections up top. Anyone know where a set for the new version can be found>?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Is Joe ignoring your calls and emails or something? That would ALWAYS be the first thing I would do is to contact the manufacturer of the product unless they're no longer in business (which isn't the case for Joe @ Killer Chiller). Call Joe and he'll square you away.

2highpsi

Established Member
I have tried both numbers listed on the website.
One guys voicemail said that he no longer worked for Killer Chiller.
Joe's just said something about not accepting calls at the time or something.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
I bought a Killer Chiller in one of the group buys late last year. I went to start putting it in and realized that the thing looks significantly different than the Gen1 in all the install instructions.

This KC has ports at the top AND the bottom.

I searched and every set of instructions I find are for the old on that has all 4 connections up top. Anyone know where a set for the new version can be found>?

dude it works the same way....you can use those instructions...if i member the top are for the coolant and the bottom for the AC system...i was kinda iffy when i installed it too cuz the bottom ports looked weird so i called joe and he send me shorter ones looks alot better heres some pics(not the short fitting) but so you can get an idea...pm me if you need or want some help ill try my best to help you

KC:
IMAG0583.gif

how it looked with original fittings:
IMAG0446.gif

IMAG0499.gif

IMAG0526.gif

ill try to get you pics with the new fitting looks way better imo

Last edited:

2highpsi

Established Member
When I "mocked it up" using the gen 1 instructions it looked the same way yours does in the pics.

I thought the lines protruding at the bottom looked awful and was hoping that I was missing something.....

So I guess that is actually just the way it's suppose to be.

rider4life350

Established Member
Is the gen II completely bolt on or do you still have to splice the a/c system?

Completely off topic but I love that last pic Lobo :rockon:

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Our number, e-mail and website are all still the same, so I don't know why anyone would have trouble getting a hold of us, but I'll definitely look in to it.

To answer the OP's question, we redesigned the core for better charge and in-cab cooling, also for better oil drain back. We did get complaints about the lines being to low, so we shortened up the A/C fittings on the bottom side.

For those that have the new design with the longer fittings, e-mail me and I'll send you out the new shorter fittings.

- Joe

2highpsi

Established Member
Our number, e-mail and website are all still the same, so I don't know why anyone would have trouble getting a hold of us, but I'll definitely look in to it.

To answer the OP's question, we redesigned the core for better charge and in-cab cooling, also for better oil drain back. We did get complaints about the lines being to low, so we shortened up the A/C fittings on the bottom side.

For those that have the new design with the longer fittings, e-mail me and I'll send you out the new shorter fittings.

- Joe

Thanks. I will email you.

Just to clarify I wasn't knocking you company or customer service. I only tried to call a couple times, and it was probably after 5PM so I wasn't surprised to not get an answer. I would take the one phone number off your website to the guy that's voicemail says "I no longer work on Killer Chiller" or whatever it said.

I figured someone here would have pics of an install of the new unit (as they did) and I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Thanks. I will email you.

Just to clarify I wasn't knocking you company or customer service. I only tried to call a couple times, and it was probably after 5PM so I wasn't surprised to not get an answer. I would take the one phone number off your website to the guy that's voicemail says "I no longer work on Killer Chiller" or whatever it said.

I figured someone here would have pics of an install of the new unit (as they did) and I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.

No problem, and I forgot to delete the old personal contacts on our tech help page. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

- Joe

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Does anyone have any more pics of a gen 2 install?

The new core is to be installed in the same location as the old core, only you cut out 2 holes on the bottom side of the foam support for the A/C fittings, and run your A/C lines from the bottom, instead of the top.

If you need anymore help, give me a call or e-mail me.
[email protected]
505-275-2665

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
Is the gen II completely bolt on or do you still have to splice the a/c system?

Completely off topic but I love that last pic Lobo :rockon:

thanks...you still have to connect to the ac..but its easy

- Joe

yes he did he took very good care of me.....:rockon:

look here it is with the shorter fitting....look awesome:

IMAG0964.gif

IMAG0963.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread