gears on 4.6

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Re: Re: FACT

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra

And lowering, and other suspension mods, and wing, and taping, and everything GR8 added.........

He only added the later items to get over the 200 MPH mark. John actually made the 181 mark with very little done. People think "all that for 18 MPH?" It takes alot to gain that much speed on the high side.

P.S. the Cobra computer has a VSS (Vehicle Speed sensor) that shuts the fuel off @ 160 mph. It is pin #33 on the PCM wiring harness and the wire is Pink & Orange Not trying to flame you or anything, but did you have a chip installed that removed this function?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Sean hyland installed a Vortech, his long-tube headers and 2-cat h-pipe, aluminum drive shaft, chip, and guages. The chip took care of the fuel shut off at top speed and at 6800. I can turn the motor to 75 if I want. I've over revved her a couple of times and wish that I would have the cut off. The car also has suspension and chassis mods.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Trust me! You don't want the fuel to shut off at excessive speeds, especially under boost. The factory shutoff kills the fuel , not the spark. This in-turn tends to destroy pistons. Waaaaaay to lean if you know what I mean. ;) You don't have an MSD DIS-4 box installed? With all you have done that seems only natural. At any rate the MSD will help some. It helped me quite a bit since my car was not dyno tuned. I just kept adjusting the timing till it got good.

Users who are viewing this thread