Gear vs Boost vs gear+boost would like advice/help please.

Icecold

Established Member
Hey everyone,
I have just picked up a 01 mineral grey cobra with regular bolt ons. My biggest dilemma is to boost it and what type ts or centi or to just do 456s for gears or run centi and gears. I used to have a 03 termi and loved that car, it did have its problems though and life got in the way so it had to go. I really wanted to get another one but they are too pricey around my area(Canada) and for just getting married haha money is very hard to come by right now. I ended up picking up an 01 for a good price for condition and mileage. Now comes the hard part 1 due to cash and 2 due to uncertainty. Boost and what kind or gear or boost and gear. My problem is I don't want to gear then really want boost and end up going boost and having to re-gear. Also Im not as familiar with centi boost(have been in one car with it a long time ago) and how it is and acts, I do know it comes on late/lag so with that im thinking of gears to combat that effect to be able to just go off the line to around 3500 or so until boost starts creeping in. If that's the case what gears ? 410 or 430 or are both too high.

I guess I can always just gear 456s for now and boost and re gear later on due to gearing being fairly cheap, and that seems to be the most cost effective way to go. Gear and then save for boost and re gear and then save again for shortblock haha.

Sorry I know these types of questions have been beat to death but I haven't really been able to find them all put into one its either just gear or boost and what kind not an all around full discussion involving every combination and pros and cons to them.

Thanks for any and all input.

Icecold

Established Member
Thanks guys for your input. Just wondering same boost level and roughly same mods, how would a ts vs centi race turn out ? will the centi pull up top on the ts?

Thanks again.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thanks guys for your input. Just wondering same boost level and roughly same mods, how would a ts vs centi race turn out ? will the centi pull up top on the ts?

Thanks again.
Way too many variables to answer that one. It's all about the overall set up. My old F1A set up out ran my buddies ported, pullied eaton car with ease. But if I went against my other buddy with a 3.4 Whipple he'd stomp all over me.

Users who are viewing this thread