GD noisy neighbors

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Why? Why is it the noisest and rudest phucks have to move in above me? Before them it was a couple who like to phuck above my room almost every night for about an hour. I had to use a football to smack the ceiling whenever the banging and moaning got outa hand. I know thats mean, but wtf? Don't fu** at midnight when I have to get up early the next morning. And their children... Don't get me started, they loved to run back and forth in the apartment and make a sh*t load of noise.
You may think I'm over reacting, but believe me. The floor/ceiling is sooooo thin and hollow you can hear whole conversations.:gt:
Now we have got these new people who haven't been here a week and I have already had to file a complaint for them making noise and such at 12:30 last night.

What do ya'll think about this? Any other options?
Have any of you had similar incidents?

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Yeah, I spoke with someone about it and he said that a letter would be sent to them. I kinda get the feeling that they hear alot of complaints because of the crapy ceilings/floors. I mean damn, you can hear somebody walking around up there. One of em even has the courtesy to walk around in high heels.

I just think that if you're going to act like this, move into a dorm. This really isn't a neighborhood for college students anyway, its not that close to campus. I just had to get away from it or I'd never get my work done.

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Sounds like you should consider moving yourself, perhaps see if they have a 2nd floor apt available. That would take care of that problem anyhow.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Oh I'll never live on the bottom floor again. I just thought it would be nice for moving crap in and out of, not to mention the lower power bills in the summer.
My rent is up 5/15, but I shouldn't have to move. I'll be damned if I'm the one who has to move because of this crap. But I know what you mean. :)

9900blueoval

Established Member
try this one!! i live about fifty feet from a muslim wedding hall these phuckos party only on weeknights only till the weeee hours these assholes are so damm arrogant tried talking to owner (that didnt work) he said it would calm down yeah right !!! think im gonna call FBI or CIA tell them of suspected terriost cells (haha) god bless usa lets roll BUSH rags suck

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
That sucks, I really would have to move if I were in your situation. You would think zoning laws would prevent that, oh well.
Could be worse though, you could live near a gay bar.:lol:

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
living on the 2nd floor doesn't help either. neighbors below me have subs hooked up to computer. all i hear is bass all night long. i've gone done there several times but these pussies won't even answer the ****ing door. i think i'm going to fire off a shot through the floor and hope i hit the computer or the speakers.

CW03

Established Member
NO FREAKING LIE! My neighbors upostairs are the loudest assholes I've seen! these apartments arelike haldf the size of a regular bedroom, and somehow, the kids manage to RUN throught the damn thing! And then the noise at night, I wshed the were just hitting cheeks, I dunno what they hell they do at all hours of the night!

CobraCallie

Banned
<--- has been the one reported to the landlord

My neighbors bitch cause my cobra is too loud when I come home at 1 am on weekend nights. And personally.. I'm f*cking sick of the GD bitchy whinyasses. I would understand if I was turning up my surround sound on full blast and disturbing my neighbors at night. BUT MY CAR?! F*CK THEM!

I'm sorry and I'm not saying this to all of you who are complaining about your neighbors.. but when you start bitching about the little things (like the noise of your neighbors car)...

MOVE OUT AND GET A HOUSE!!!

(on a side note.. I'm just WAITING for spring to roll around and for Selena to come out of her cave and to disturb all the neighbors again... muhahahaha :lol1: :lol1: )

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
I do have a neighbor with a 96? Cobra. He has some kind of exhaust that does sound so sweet, but at least he has the courtesy of keeping his rpms low when ever he gets home late.
But its like these other people could care less about how much noise they're making or how late it is.

I would defintely love to move into a house. But to do that I would have to get 2 or more roommates (have 1 right now), and the more roommates you have the more conflicts there are. We'll see what happens when they get the letter from the management. But I'm not expecting a huge change.

ssssnake

Established Member
After my overhead neighbor's drainage pipe broke and sprayed all over my closet in my first apartment, I made the best decision. NEVER RENT A GROUND FLOOR APARTMENT. From then on, it was the second floor. I got tired of hearing them walk across the floor, open drawers (yes, we could even hear that!) The best apartments I had were studios - first and second floor was mine. If you have a choice, that's definitely the way to go.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I rented a second floor apartment once; the pricks on the first floor kept turning up the thermostat. Heat rises, so when it was a nice 80 degrees for them, it was 95 for me! I talked with the landlord (who was paying the heating bills), and he let me rewire the thermostat! It was still in the first floor hallway, but the working control was upstairs in my apartment. Boy did the landlord save fuel money that year! When the downstairs crowd complained, I threw a switch restoring control to the downstairs thermostat, and the landlord "proved" to them that all was working properly. When he left, I switched control back to me. They lasted one Winter, then left.

About the noise: try getting a low frequency generator and hooking it to some 500 watt transducers bolted to the wall or floor (wherever your noisy neighbors are). When they're making noise, turn on the generator -- from about 13kHz to 20kHz. Those frequencies (if I remember) make people nauseous! It worked back in college when my next-door neighbors turned their stereos up. They never did realize who was making the sub-sonics.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Believe me, I understand. My old apartment was just like that! :fm: I learned that you get what you pay for and moved to an apt. that was expensive as heck but I'm much happier for it.

I now choose an apartment based on the following:
- Extremely few college students (if any)
- Extremely few adults w/ children
- Extremely selective admission requirements
- Somewhat expensive b/c management is more likely to work to keep you happy

Also, I'll only live on the top floor w/ an apt. that faces the parking lot. Beyond that, I prefer an apartment community that has a lot of people who are 40+. I'm only 26 but I hate living around people my own age b/c a lot of 'em are too darn loud.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SL 1993 R
now I remember why I bought a house..... neighbors were too damn close in an apartment

That was one of my many motivating factors to buy my house :beer:

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Correction on those sub-sonic fequencies: I believe it's 13 to 25 Hz, not KHz. You will get nauseous if you stay in the same room as the transducers. Too much power and the floors and walls will crack.

Users who are viewing this thread