GB Boss 302S Hood

TEG-84

Established Member
I haven't been able to find a GB painted Boss 302S hood with this color scheme so, I thought I'd post this one of mine and see what you guys think? :coolman:
After looking at it for a bit, I am taking it back to get the rear spoiler painted matte black to match the hood/roof.
dsc0283sh.jpg

dsc0282ry.jpg

dsc0281vw.jpg

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I'd take off those stupid quarter window scoops. Other than that, the hood looks dope

saunupe1911

Established Member
Yeah I would take of the GT/CS louvers as well. You have functional high performance grill, splitters, spoilers, and hood that look great. But those louvers/scoops are non functional, add weight, are just hideous to me. Just my 2 cents. But man where can I find that hood? It looks amazing and I'm sure the engine breathes so much better. How does it perform against heavy rain? Does it leak into the engine bay?

Last edited:

TEG-84

Established Member
Yeah I would take of the GT/CS louvers as well. You have functional high performance grill, splitters, spoilers, and hood that look great. But those louvers/scoops are non functional, add weight, are just hideous to me. Just my 2 cents. But man where can I find that hood? It looks amazing and I'm sure the engine breathes so much better. How does it perform against heavy rain? Does it leak into the engine bay?

I bought it from Rehagen Racing. I haven't had it in the heavy rain...but your engine will definately get wet! I have yet to hear about it causing any issues though. My only concern is my Steeda CAI, as the back portion of the filter is showing which could be cause for concern? I just keep it out of the rain and only hand wash it.

Looks good and I hate window louvers as well....but if you keep them, paint them to match the hood.

I wonder how the vents being painted matte black and the outer portion being GB would look (Louvers)...I would think it would be alright if the flush mounted Louvers were mounted and painted that way it has that recessed vent look?

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Pics from underside of hood please. Also can you use redline hood struts with it? Lastly, how much less it weight than stock?

TEG-84

Established Member
Pics from underside of hood please. Also can you use redline hood struts with it? Lastly, how much less it weight than stock?

The portion under the hood that is painted black is NOT smoothed out...its rather rough. To help hide it a bit I had the Paint Shop paint it Matte Black. I think it turned out pretty damn good!

When I weighed the hood it was just a tad over 20 lbs. I did/have not weighed the Stock hood but the Paint Shop told me it weighed about 47 lbs. As far as the Struts, they should work just fine...it uses the stock mounting points!
20130602111050179.jpg

20130602111036645.jpg

TEG-84

Established Member
Sorry about the crappy pics of the underside...they were taking from my phone.

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
The front half looks great! Imo, id take the cs side stripes off and put the black 5.0 badges on it, and take the Louvers off.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
does anyone know if these hoods still being produced? paul brown, the guy who ran tiger racing(and a ridiculously talented racer), died at the end of last year(melanoma) and i know it was a pretty small operation.

the hood looks GREAT though! i tend to agree with the other comments about the window lovers(though i think flush mounted louvers or block offs would look good!), side vents, and CS stripe, but that's a damn fine looking 5.0l regardless!

Graboid

Established Member
I like the bottom. I know the paint shop did also because trying to mask off those louvers would have been a pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread