gauging interest on another porting service

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Since Posi no longer offers ports and some people dont want to use the other place. I will name no names. Just kind of gauging interest to see if it would be an option for some of you other guys looking at getting a ported blower. My friend has been porting lightning and cobra blowers locally for years with great results. He mostly posts on modularfords user name Jeremiahhussey and other boards under qcksnake. We will be using my car as a test mule and post our results. I hope this doesnt piss of the mods to bad I tried to send Sid297 a message and ask about vendor status but received no response yet so just figured I would try a feeler thread instead.

cj428mach

Established Member
I learned in entrepreneurship class that to be successful in business you have to do something better, cheaper, or faster than the competition. If you can do that you'll be successful.

Right now the market is crying out for competition because they don't like the main provider of this service. I think there is a void in the market right now.

Last edited:

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I learned in entrepreneurship class that to be successful in business you have to do something better, cheaper, or faster than the competition. If you can do that you'll be successful.

Right now the market is crying out for competition because they don't like the main provider of this service. I think there is a void in the market right now.
Agreed, like I said though its more of a feeler thread rite now but hoping it takes off. We want to help the SVT community just as much as Posi did. :thumbsup:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i dont have an eaton
however for my friends that do, i know a company that won't get a good word out of my mouth

i think there is definitely an opening for a porting service as long as you price right and show the same level of service brian had

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
I would be interested, depending on what kind of port, and if they are flow tested. I am not interested in the current port provider.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Well looks as if SVTP is not accepting any new vendors now so it looks like my hands are tied and will not be able sale any ports. So I guess we can still move forward and do what we planned either way. I will post our results in a new thread on comparisons with my current port and one by qcksnake, and then if anyone is interested we will have to keep it in pm's. Hope to be able to offer you guys another option :beer:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Well looks as if SVTP is not accepting any new vendors now so it looks like my hands are tied and will not be able sale any ports. So I guess we can still move forward and do what we planned either way. I will post our results in a new thread on comparisons with my current port and one by qcksnake, and then if anyone is interested we will have to keep it in pm's. Hope to be able to offer you guys another option :beer:

If they told you no on being a vendor, something they accept money for, do you think it's ok with them to do it behind their back on PM's?

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
If they told you no on being a vendor, something they accept money for, do you think it's ok with them to do it behind their back on PM's?
Ive seen other people offer things on here via pm's as long as im not advertising and want to help another cobra owner I dont see the problem.

So what kind of power is that competitor's blower making with say a 2.76 or 2.8? I'm too lazy to log in to my MF account and search the thread.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
So what kind of power is that competitor's blower making with say a 2.76 or 2.8? I'm too lazy to log in to my MF account and search the thread.
This is just the start rite now, we are going to use my car as the test mule.
Why aren't they accepting new vendors? Hmm
Thought about that myself but who knows?

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Ive seen other people offer things on here via pm's as long as im not advertising and want to help another cobra owner I dont see the problem.

I think they might. You'll be using the web site to take business away from another paying vendor.

Seems like there's a void waiting to be filled in the porting market though. Too bad they're not accepting new vendors.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I was wondering that myself. If porting them for years then there should be plenty of test mules.

His personal lightning made near 500 rw on a mustang Dyno. We have no back to back comparison on anything and that's where we were going to start @ with my car.
scan00013.jpg

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned

His personal lightning made near 500 rw on a mustang Dyno. We have no back to back comparison on anything and that's where we were going to start @ with my car.
scan00013.jpg

this is your time to start getting all the flow tests, back to back comparisons and info that customers want. everything i just listed is what the other vendor does not provide adequately. if you guys are really going to do this, get everything in order before you start selling anything... company name, website (even if its crude), customer service, turn around time, etc. when presented it will be as if you were showing pocket aces to the competition.
i give you kudos for taking a shot at the monopoly that they now have. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread