Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association' started by Blk03SVTCobra, Feb 11, 2008.
Im definitely open for any time after the OC trip
I suggest we shoot for Freedom Armory (Glen Rock, PA) on Saturday, 24-May-2008 at 12:00pm.
That should give Jeremy enough time to coordinate with Freedom Armory and it will be after O.C., which many people seem to want. :beer:
Matt - This is straight off their website:
B. Firearms Permitted
1. No centerfire rifles chambered in rifle cartridges are permitted in the handgun bays.
2. All handguns except those chambered for centerfire rifle ammunition are permitted in handgun bay.
3. Full automatic firearms are allowed only in Range Officer Specified lanes except as allowed in Section V.
4. Shotguns firing slugs are allowed only in the rifle bay.
5. All air and CO2 guns are permitted except those using BB’s.
C. Ammunition Permitted
1. Aluminum and Steel cased ammunition are not permitted in the handgun range.
2. Standard commercial and reloaded ammunition is permitted in the handgun ranges. Only standard commercial and reloaded brass cased ammunition is permitted in the rifle range with the exception of steel cased for the Russian Calibers.
3. Any reloaded or other ammunition may be barred from the range at the discretion of the Range Officer.
4. Any type of ammunition designed for penetrating metal is not permitted.
5. No shot is permitted. (See exceptions page 5.)
6. No tracers, incendiary, gas or explosive ammunition is permitted.
So it looks like they allow pretty much everything, even shotguns as long as you're firing slugs.
Thanks Sean. I'll be there on the 24th.
I'll pay for ammo, if you bring that .50 Barrett :rockon:
No worries about the ammo, I have over 30 rounds or so. I will bring it if I have it back by then. She's being fitted for an AWC Turbodyne sound suppressor. http://www.awcsystech.com/turbodyne.html
Awwww... I was looking forward to the cannon-like sound that thing makes. Well, I guess a suppressor is cool though. One question though Matt: doesn't that take a LOT of muzzle velocity off of it (effectively reducing it's range)?
24th sounds good as long as long as I don't have the Cobra by then, because that is the day of the MACA / EFA shootout I believe. Time to dust off the G23!
Crap... Damn schedule..
Don't worry Sean, it's a removable suppressor and I still have to wait 3-4 months before I can take possession of it. It doesn't take a LOT of muzzel velocity off, it does a little, but it's an unnoticable ammount. Basically the suppressor for the .50cal BMG isn't going to completely silence the gun, not with a bullet that travels at 2700 fps. The bullet is supersonic pretty much the entire distance it travels until it hits the target. So, the suppressor's job is to hide where the bullet is coming from. So instead of hearing the big bang of the cannon and sonic boom from the bullet flight, you just hear the sonic boom.
If I have it back by the 24th, I'll bring it to have some fun with. Just be prepaired be be rocked. :rockon:
I'm leaving for another desert trip on June 7th. I won't be back until sometime in August.