Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
so will this be at freedom armory then?

Unless there's a more centrally-located range that:

1) Allows use of ammunition not purchased at the range
2) Has a cheap price for range time
3) Allows use of handguns, rifles, and shotguns w/ slugs
4) Can accommodate a group of 10+ people

If there is another one more centrally located for all interested parties, please offer it up as a suggestion. :beer:

Putting in a call to Homeland Security - Be on the look out for the lastest terror group, the MACA!

So you interested, Jason?

I think I will be a +1

No need for perfect headcount at this point, Charles. I am more just thinking out loud and making sure that if I try to organize this that there's enough interest :beer:

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'm definitely interested but have no gun or anything else, so I'd have to borrow or rent. Have always wanted to do this, but never had anyone to go with.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
You're right, that Freedom place is a helluva drive. Maybe us southern guys can carpool up or something.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
You're right, that Freedom place is a helluva drive. Maybe us southern guys can carpool up or something.

Find me something more centrally-located that fits the description I gave in post #21 as well as this place and I'm all for it.

Gilbert's Indoor Range would have been a good choice, but Freedom Armory will be a LOT cheaper.

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
Im going to go up there this weekend, to see if we can get a discount on a large party and to see if they have any special events coming up

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Im going to go up there this weekend, to see if we can get a discount on a large party and to see if they have any special events coming up

Cool man. Thanks for checking into it for us :beer:

The SelectFire place looks good to though and could be more centrally-located for those interested thus far.

I'll spend some time thinking about this a little bit.

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
Select Fire is small the people behind the aren't that nice they ask have you ever been here before and they slam a piece of paper with their rules. The last time I was there 2 of the lanes were broken and the lighting sucks.

I've been to a range off of Padonia RD. I can't remember the name of the place it was small but it was a nice range. I believe you can shoot up to a .50 cal.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I am in. I need ear and eye protection. I would also like to find other stuff for my gun like grip laser sites or something cool. since I got the thing for free, I wouldn't mind putting a little extra into it. I would like a case as well that can be locked.

Sean, Cory, help me out. hehehe

I have the S&W Model 669 if that means anything.

I got an extra set of range glasses you can have. They're decent, I just opted for the Oakley's w/ interchangable lenses (clear and tinted).

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Oh, and select fire is ghetto.

Although the guy handed me the MP5 w/ 2 mags and just walked in the back while I emptied the summbitch in like a minute.

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
Went to freedom today, I love that place, the owner wasn't there, I will have to stop back during the week.......damn:banana:

They are having a smith and wesson weekend in two weeks, good deals on s/w guns and you get to try out all of there s/w products for free, they give you some ammo(5 bullets per gun, I think) and free time and targets to try it, no strings attached, except you would have to be a member before you shot anything (daily membership $18 year) one of the salesmen said that we couldn't get that weekend for a group but any other weekend with notice would be fine, I will talk to the owner soon and see what he can do for us

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Sounds like Freedom is the all-around best choice, considering what Rob has to say about SelectFire.

Anyone else interested? So far we have 12 people interested. I am working on another person, but haven't heard back from him.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I'm going tomorrow, do we have a head count yet?

I think we should just add 2 to the total count in this thread.

If my counting is correct, that brings us to: 15

Let us know how it goes :beer:

EDIT: Oh, I shot at Select Fire last weekend... We are not going as a group there, period. It's pretty awful, in my opinion.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Did we pick a place?

I suppose Freedom Armory. I just don't want it to be too far for those interested, as that would likely cause a decrease in attendance.

On Target in Jessup, MD would be an option, but would preclude rifles and shotguns from the picture.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread