gauges

00stang

Established Member
I have a 00gt and getting ready to put a procharger p1sc on. I was wondering what kinda gauges you guys have? Also do i even need a boost gauge?
Thanks

SVTContique

Ive got:

Innovate motorsports LC-1 and XD-16 wideband 02
Autometer boost/oil pressure/oil temp/coolant temp

Thats 5.

scotts99snake

Established Member
If you have it dyno tuned after the installation, you don't technically need any gauges. I just got mine back from the tuner after the procharger installation and I have none. It isn't a bad idea to run at least a wideband or fuel pressure. I have a boost gauge and wideband on the way.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
If you have it dyno tuned after the installation, you don't technically need any gauges.

Thats a dangerous statement.

Even with the best tune, its a great idea to have at least a boost (and actually more importantly a boost/vac) gauge, and absolutely fuel pressure. The are any number of mechanical problems that could toast a motor without proper monitoring.

I currently have a boost/vac, fuel pressure, oil pressure, and narrowband a/f.

Given how paranoid I am, its better that I don't have a wideband.

rubber duck

Established Member
I have boost, fuel pressure, water temp. Didn't get a wideband yet, definitely a neccessity if your making adjustments yourself. I had everything locked in on the dyno, so I just keep my eye most importantly on fuel pressure and boost, a wideband is probably coming in the not too distant future.

SVTContique

IMO you really only need a wideband or a fuel pressure gauge, not both.

Because if its going lean and not getting enough pressure the wideband will tell you, as will the fuel pressure gauge.

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
Fuel Pressure, wideband, boost/vac, oil pressure, and water temp. An air intake temp gauge is nice to have to keep track of heat soak conditions and how intake temps can directly affect timing/performance.

blownaltered

Established Member
would recommend water temp guage, ford's guage sucks almost lost a built motor to a faulty stock guage last weakend. Car was starting to over heat and I had no idea, save yourself some money and get some guages.

Wideband
Boost
Oil Pressure
Water Temp

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I have the Innovative wideband LC1 and XD16, autometer phantom boost/vac, fuel pressure, oil pressure and water temp. I also have the blitz boost controller. I probably don't need all the gauges, but I like having failsafes for monitoring and I think gauges look good. Also got the Speed of Sound pillar w/ raptor shift light, autometer cluster bezel w/ 2 gauges and the steering column pod. I have all mechanical gauges except the fuel pressure.

In retrospect I would probably not have a boost gauge since I have the blitz boost controller and I would not have gotten the autometer column pod either.

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
Do gauges companies make a difference in performance? I know a lot of people are using autometer but has anyone ever bought anything by a company called glowshiftdirect?

WDW MKR

Established Member
IMO you really only need a wideband or a fuel pressure gauge, not both.

Because if its going lean and not getting enough pressure the wideband will tell you, as will the fuel pressure gauge.

I strongly disagree with only needing a fuel pressure gauge. You can have adequate fuel pressure, with the car not comanding enough fuel or an injector stuck/clogged. If you're only going to have one of the two gauges, it needs to be a wideband.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I run an Autometer boost/vac and a PLX wideband. The wideband has saved my butt a couple times when I was working out the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread