Gauges for Gt500....which ones?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
So got some mods on...more on that later...and need to start thinking of gauges to monitor things. So...what are the 2 or 3 most important gauges I should have in the car? See sig for mods if that is of concern..and planning on going whipple 2.9 next year...with needed upgrades.

Let me know!

Oh and I think I want to do SOS Pillar Pod....don't think I want the Shelby dash pod..not sure how that one works...and unsure about the a/c vent pods...if anyone wants to chime in about those that is cool too....

FordFanStan

Established Member
There are many PIDs that are extremely important to monitor with even the minimalist of modifications. More than 2 or 3 IMO.

In this specific application, I tend to think oil pressure, fuel pressure, and Lambda/A-F ratio would be three most important and after that I would then also want to see IAT, IAT2, CHT and/or ECT, and Spark advance.

Something you might want to look into is the Aeroforce gauge. It will allow you to display 1, 2 or 4 PIDs all at the same time in one single gauge. It collects data off your OBDII port for the OEM PIDs and it has 2 (iirc) analog inputs per gauge so you can run things like A/F ratio, EGTs, or many other sensors as well. It also has many extra features like being able to record those PIDs for a certain amount of time, window switch features, and other odds and ends. I have had 2 or 3 (I forget now lol) stored away in my garage with many of there extra options too so when I finish my latest build I will be able to monitor everything. I will have one Aeroforce monitor lambda on each bank, one for all my air and fluid temps, and one for all my fluid pressures. Hope that helps, FFS

breoland

Established Member
the most important ones, water temp, oil and boost or fuel pressure.
depending on your mods and what the car is intended for, i wouldnt go anymore than the 2 or three. me personaly ... i wouldnt want the driver seat to look like an f16

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I have one. In a Roush vent pod. A-piller stuff a little ricey for me. The one? Air/Fuel. That one counts.

bj

skyhighsd

Established Member
Another pod you can look at is the the autometer makes for the pillar, the only bad thing is it doesnt replace the pillar it only goes over some of it (same one that the gt350 is getting). Its the one that I bought only because I cant stand the pods that SOS uses.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
a/f
fuel pressure
boost
oil/water temps

the aeroforce are a good choice as you can get 4 readings from 2 gauges.

I strongly recommend the SOS pillar or center pod setup. first class IMHO. I actually have a custom set up from SOS with the aeroforce

p1010021vg4.jpg

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Okay so...lots of good info. I think I like the Aeroforce gauges or the Cobalt ones. Aeroforce will cover a multitude of things. Cobalt seems to match stock gauge color based upon some of the pics. Makes it look a little more like was supposed to be there. Guess it becomes how many gauges do I want in my car. Not to concerned..if I have up to 4 or 5. As long as I have ones needed.
Probably either go A pillar with SOS or AC Vent with Roush or a combination..depeding. Only thing about AC vent is one is close to you the other is not or at least you can't just look over at a glance. A Pillar or center mount might be easier to check at a glance.

Anyone got pics of A pillar mount and center mount with SOS type? Also..any pics with Roush vent mount with gauges in both center vents?

Thanks guys! Alot of money to spend so, want to make sure I do it right!

Colleton

Established Member
I have one. In a Roush vent pod. A-piller stuff a little ricey for me. The one? Air/Fuel. That one counts.

bj

What do you need to have in order to monitor A/F ratio? Is this read from the ECU or is this what people use a "wideband" (whatever that is) for?

Thanks!

JP

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What do you need to have in order to monitor A/F ratio? Is this read from the ECU or is this what people use a "wideband" (whatever that is) for?

Thanks!

JP

You use a Wideband Sensor / Gauge that comes from another 02 sensor. You need a bung welded into the exhaust Pre-Cats for it.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
So got some mods on...more on that later...and need to start thinking of gauges to monitor things.

Oh and I think I want to do SOS Pillar Pod....don't think I want the Shelby dash pod..

The 2010 Super Snake offers pillar mounted gauges. Not sure when that item will become available through SPP.

R

shooter23

Established Member

No offence, but that looks brutal...

I went with the Speed of Sound 2-Gauge Pod with the Aeroforce Gauges.
It monitors 4 items at any given time, and I can cycle through everything these guys have listed. Like stated earlier, it monitors through the ECU, and have a Wideband setup for it aswell, all of which is done in the back of the gauges.

29674_531099273550_290900017_1752906_4027938_n.jpg

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
No offence, but that looks brutal...

I went with the Speed of Sound 2-Gauge Pod with the Aeroforce Gauges.
It monitors 4 items at any given time, and I can cycle through everything these guys have listed. Like stated earlier, it monitors through the ECU, and have a Wideband setup for it aswell, all of which is done in the back of the gauges.

29674_531099273550_290900017_1752906_4027938_n.jpg

none taken, different strokes, why do you say it "looks brutal"

Users who are viewing this thread