Gauge Pod Mounting Style - Factory Style Clips???

termin8r

From STi to SVT
Established Member
I've searched and found no concrete answers.

I'm searching for a Pillar Gauge pod that mounts like the factory piece with the two clips. I really don't want to drill into the pillar and want simplicity. From what I've heard, the SOS pod does mount into the same clips and no modification is necessary to the pillar. My only hold up is that I want a 3 gauge pod which SOS doesn't provide. Do either the AutoMeter, Speedhut, or other Pods mount with factory style clips, or do you need to drill and mount with screws into the pillar?

Thanks

Mystic03

Established Member
im pretty sure you need to drill into the pillar with any gauge pod (for cleaner look)

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
SOS is the only pod out there that replaces the factory one with no drilling the rest are piggy back..I wanted a three gauge pod also but decided to go with SOS and I am glad I did...:rockon:

P3310734.gif

Last edited:

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
SVT0369 said:
it is not. And if you read the link I posted above you'd see that his triple is not a piggyback either.

http://www.carjunky.com/shop_cj/bdn/autometer/12125/cjff45e5a085785ae.html?cid=M1172623864W45e4d1f8afe06

I did not say it was not a full pillar pod..But the auto meter one mounts over the factory one and uses 4 plastic pins at the corners to hold it on and you have to drill into the factory one to mount it...If someone makes on that replaces the factory one except SOS I never heard on it...:shrug:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
10thSVT said:
SOS is the only pod out there that replaces the factory one with no drilling the rest are piggy back..I wanted a three gauge pod also but decided to go with SOS and I am glad I did...:rockon:

P3310734.gif

Could you post a link to the site to get some of these gauge pods? I had a single pod in my old 03' Cobra and a dual in my old EVO. I'm not really wanting ot put anymore gauges up there. I like the steering wheel pod and the bezel one.

THanks...:burnout:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Those look cool and all, but I'd rather just have the gauges out of my face. Need more info on the steering pod and the bezel pod.:thumbsup:

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have the SOS dual pod, they are the shit. Nice and hidden to passer-byers but look u right in the face while driving. I like how they are tucked aside not showin every1 what you have. Very easy to monitor what your engine is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread