gas cap the culprit for the p1443 error code

lastexit99

Established Member
I'm not sure if anyone remembers my posts for last year when I was fighting bad gas mileage and the only error code I could find was the P1443 code. I replaced the valve and solenoid as well as the hose between them, but not out to the vapor cannister or the cannister it self.

Someone told me that my gas cap could be the culprit. Any truth to this you guys? Seems unlikely, but I'm going to try it before I put another couple hundred bucks in the vapor cannister.

Last edited:

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
That's not a leak code, so a cap leak would not cause it. It's a code that means something is plugged or stuck closed.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
I was pretty sure the caps were sealed, not vented. I may be wrong, though, and they may let air in, but not out.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
isnt it normally the purge flow valve/sensor? i have that code right but it comes and goes

Last edited:

lastexit99

Established Member
i changed all that, the only thing i didn't change yet was the vapor cannister. I'm probably going to do that in a few weeks, to see.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
Have you smoked the system? I smoked mine and found that I had a bad o-ring seal on my fuel level sensor on my tank. So far that seems to have fixed it. I went through the usual replacement of the purge canister, etc. and that didn't fix it. If it shows again I'm going to do the gas cap next.

Users who are viewing this thread