Garage Sales

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Love em? Hate em?

We just made $100 on a rainy day, on the day of OU/Texas. so I'd consider that a plus.

Day 2 tomorrow! Time to jack up my prices 300% and offer everything 50% off.

3L43F43H55L35K85H3cad311851923f031b25.jpg

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Ill take the Obama sign :)

Sent with my over sized Johnson

bam

Established Member
I'll usually hit one or two on Saturdays after work. I've come across some pretty cool stuff. Everyone's picked up something unique along the way.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
My father always buys tools from garage sales. He usually gets really good deals because people don't know what they really have.

He bought a pretty decent sized craftsman tool box that was filled with various tools, snap-on, craftsman, and other random stuff for $100 earlier this summer. Easily $1500-2000 in tools and the box itself is worth atleast $450-500.

Last edited:

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I've only had a garage sale once here in Hawaii....never again.

I opened my garage up at about 6:00am to setup for a 7:00am start time, and by the time I was opening the legs on the first table, two cars were pulling over to see what I had. Normally, this would be a good thing, but when people are offering you $.25 for something that you have marked for $5, and you say "no", suddenly they no longer speak english, yet continue talking to you in tones that aren't very pleasant. I know for a fact that I had a few things stolen that day as well.

I also had to make a sign to stick at the end of my driveway when I am just cleaning out the garage that says, "NOT A GARAGE SALE" because I was tired of turning my back for a minute or two only to turn around and have someone looking thorugh my stuff but a few feet outside of my garage. You may laugh, but this happened twice before I put up the sign, and once again after I made it. I'll proabably add foriegn language subtitles to the bottom next time.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Made over $200 last two weekends, I'm going to do it two more weekends then the remainder goes to charity. I'm amazed at how many toys and clothes we had stored away for my 5 year old daughter. It's actually nice to see people get nice things for cheap, I found quite a few of her clothes with tags still on them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've only had a garage sale once here in Hawaii....never again.

I opened my garage up at about 6:00am to setup for a 7:00am start time, and by the time I was opening the legs on the first table, two cars were pulling over to see what I had. Normally, this would be a good thing, but when people are offering you $.25 for something that you have marked for $5, and you say "no", suddenly they no longer speak english, yet continue talking to you in tones that aren't very pleasant. I know for a fact that I had a few things stolen that day as well.

I also had to make a sign to stick at the end of my driveway when I am just cleaning out the garage that says, "NOT A GARAGE SALE" because I was tired of turning my back for a minute or two only to turn around and have someone looking thorugh my stuff but a few feet outside of my garage. You may laugh, but this happened twice before I put up the sign, and once again after I made it. I'll proabably add foriegn language subtitles to the bottom next time.

I did laugh. I confess. That would definitely tick me off to be cleaning up my garage, go inside for a cold beer, and return to find a half dozen stranger rummaging through my stuff, and generally making a mess of my garage. LOL!

I've had a few garage sales and probably averaged $100.00 in sales for each. It takes time to put everything outside, organize and tag everything. And you have to stick there like glue to make sure nobody steals anything, not that the stuff is worth all that much. And then you have to cart everything you didn't sell back into the basement or garage. The last one we did we were fortunate to sell all of the bigger stuff and basically trashed everything that remained. I would NOT want to do one every year. Not when there is so much time involved.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Have not had one since I was a kid, but helped my gf's parents do one over the summer. They made a couple hundred and I got a couple nice free things. Score!

Dragu1a

Established Member

****ing lowballers, haha. I hate haggling and wouldn't have the patience to put up with every customer coming up and offering $0.25 on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread