Garage queen to DD

DaFreak

Established Member
Hey all,

Starting tomorrow my 2010 GT500 becomes my DD. I'm going to swap back to the old wheels and tires for winter use asap. I'm thinking I need to figure out a spare too?

I'll go for new all season tires next year (winter use only) so let me know what you like.

Cheers,
Jeff

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
:??: :shrug: :??: :shrug: :??:

Don't drink and post in the forums, folks.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
It rains a lot during the winter in OR, so maybe he's looking for some tires for that, and the cold. As far as cars go, they all end up in the junkyard eventually....

DaFreak

Established Member
Yep, good tires are a must this time of year. Just put the factory goodyears (and wheels) back on tonight. I'll be even more cautions tomorrow :)

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I can definitely vouch for the Continental DWS. My friend has them on his E55 AMG. The hook really well, not as good as a dedicated drag tire, but way better than his worn out Michelins. In the rain they are great!

99SSls1

Established Member
I run the continentals on my srt8 for a dd and they are very good. Spare tire I just keep an eye on my psi and carry a hole plug kit and the factory pump in the trunk. I have driven the srt8 for 3 years like this as don't have spare.
Maybe add some rock guards of some sort to it and a clear bra. As for the Goodyear's I kept them on the front but driving in cold weather I have slide them 2 times on cold dry roads.

DaFreak

Established Member
Got the stock tires and wheels on last night and drove on them today. immeditaly noticed the difference with the Goodyears. Was running NT05's prior and will keep for summertime.

I have some of the 1 year 3m spray on protectant that I'm going to apply for chip help.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Jeff-

I use the Conti DWs. You'll like them, man. Very reasonably priced and great performance.

bj

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S is a very good tire, too. I used those on a car I had many years ago and loved them.

mavisky

Established Member
I'd look into a true winter tire with the tempts you're going to be seeing there. All seasons don't even come close to comparing to winter tires when the temps drop and certainly not when that white fluffy mess hits the ground.

DaFreak

Established Member
Thanks all. I see Pirelli has some nice winter tire options. It was 42 and wet this am (normal this time of year) so thinking a winter tire might be a good option.

DaFreak

Established Member
Brought the pressure down to 31 in the goodyears. Hoping to limp through the winter on them and pick up a set of DWs on a sale (if they do that). wondering about going back to stock with some of the suspension too (to help with NVH). Currently running FR3 and MM parts.

DaFreak

Established Member
DWS 275/35 & 285/35's show up tomorrow. Install on Thursday, can't wait! I hope to reinstall the factory x pipe and Roush extreme kit this weekend too. I'm also removing the (boss) tranny scoop/cooler for some added clearance. I Hope to get some pics and I'll have abunch of shit for sale soon too :)

DaFreak

Established Member
Been running the Cont DWS's for about a week now. I've sampled in cool and dry as well as cold rainy weather. I have to say that I am so impressed with these tires. They track so well (275/35 fronts - 285/35 rear) and handle standing water like it's not even there. Good call guys!

I have also added front mud guards (yeager), husky mats & trunk liner and the 2005 mustang cargo net for the trunk. These are all great products too.

I love driving this car every day, it's so fun. I should have done this long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread