Gannon vs Kimbo vid- Gannon & UFC

760-MPH

Established Member
I heard Gannon tapped out last night on UFC - anyone have photos?

This is the same Gannon who fought Kimbo Slice right? I looked all over for that video and it seems everyone took down the link - does anyone know where I can find it?

Sorry for all the requests//

deathdealer

Established Member
damn that sucks to hear that, the cannon is one mean figher. Hes also a cop....a cop i would not want to cross paths with

Stylin97V6

Established Member
he lost to some decent, but yet no name fighter last night... very quick and very bad.

Against some of the big name pro's in UFC or Pride he wouldnt of lasted a minute.

Guess Kimbo wasnt as badass as we thought when we 1st saw him, the same thing would of happend to Kimbo in the UFC... oh plus when you think about it, Gannon and Kimbos fight was basically a boxing match.. not a UFC style fight where every type of fighting is used.

BONESTOCK

Established Member
Yeah Sean was bought to the ground and got owned pretty much. Bloody mess it was.

God

Established Member
that sucks everyone thought kimbo was badass, didnt know gannon lost last night

Tmac

Established Member
Forgive the ignorance, but what was the Gannon - Kimbo fight about? Is this basement bareknuckle boxing? Organized? Is it televised or just internet? Is ther money riding on this? thanks

Nick_B95GT

Established Member
Tmac said:
Forgive the ignorance, but what was the Gannon - Kimbo fight about? Is this basement bareknuckle boxing? Organized? Is it televised or just internet? Is ther money riding on this? thanks

yeah really i dont understand it much,,,they beat each other almost senseless,,its stupid,,,put them in the ring like UFC of something,,,to were it couldnt get bad,,,the man in UFC is Chuck "THE ICEMAN" Liddell

BONESTOCK

Established Member
Tmac said:

Basically Kimbo beat some other black dude's ass in a backyard type fight.

Kimbo then said he'd take on anyone in a bareknuckles fight. This guy Sean Gannon say it and said he'd do it!! haha...the best thing about it is that Gannon is a Mass State Cop. It was to Kimbo's rules...no grappling just straight up bare knuckle boxing.

Kimbo got his ass beat. Oh and I think it's probably better that Gannon got his ass beat cause now it make it look like Kimbo lost to a chump for UFC ranks.

Kimbo would get owned by any decent UFC fighter.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Gannon had no business being in the UFC, he had one pro fight against a nobody, then a basement brawl with Kimbo, which amounts to D!CK in mma. He hyped himself up, got his shot and got beat down by a b level fighter. His groundwork was horrible and he got mauled. There are plenty of people more deserving than Gannon at a UFC shot, Gannon should have had to start in KOTC or a smaller show than that. Can you imagine if he were in Japan and got to fight somebody in Pride? He would have been mauled!

Pride > UFC

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Nick_B95GT said:
yeah really i dont understand it much,,,they beat each other almost senseless,,its stupid,,,put them in the ring like UFC of something,,,to were it couldnt get bad,,,the man in UFC is Chuck "THE ICEMAN" Liddell

Gannon barely made the 265 weight limit, Liddel is a 205er, Kimbo is too big to make 205 also but Liddel would still beat the shit out of both of them and Liddel isnt even as good as he has been hyped lately but does have alot of power for a Light Heavy and has good take down defense. Kimbo wouldnt last with any decent mma fighter let alone actually be allowed into a ring in a legit sanctioned fight. He is okay in bare knuckle boxing with rules while fighting scrubs but against any decent pro fighter, he is fubar.

deathdealer

Established Member
The whole Gannon Kimbo fight was an "exhibition" fight for $$$. Purse is usualy over 5-10g's for kimbo, and Gannon was game, he flew out to florida and had one hell of a war with Kimbo. Personaly I dont think having gannon lose that UFC match takes anything away from kimbo. They are two completely different fighters, how do you know Kimbo wouldnt have connected with a combination in the beginning of the round and KO'd him? True Kimbo may not be UFC material/ground fighter, but hes still one hell of a bad ass and I can garuntee he would knock ANY of us out on this forum. Juss give him his bread!

kimboslicebw.gif

Last edited:

BONESTOCK

Established Member
Speeds8erM-1 said:
Gannon had no business being in the UFC, he had one pro fight against a nobody, then a basement brawl with Kimbo, which amounts to D!CK in mma. He hyped himself up, got his shot and got beat down by a b level fighter. His groundwork was horrible and he got mauled. There are plenty of people more deserving than Gannon at a UFC shot, Gannon should have had to start in KOTC or a smaller show than that. Can you imagine if he were in Japan and got to fight somebody in Pride? He would have been mauled!

Pride > UFC

Pride is cool but they need a ****in cage. I hate how they have to stop the fight just to move the guys back into the middle of the ring.

UFC Octagon> Pride ring.

Stylin97V6

Established Member
BONESTOCK said:
Pride is cool but they need a ****in cage. I hate how they have to stop the fight just to move the guys back into the middle of the ring.

UFC Octagon> Pride ring.

Pride > UFC any day of the week.... even tho i still love UFC.

In UFC guys rely on pushing their opponet up against the cage to even control them. where as Pride its just all skill and fighting/grappling.

holding a guy against the cage doesnt show much skill to me. If you watch some UFC fights you will see the guy try as hard as he can to push him over to the cage just to try and gain control over him.

The guys in Pride would wipe the floor with the majority of the people in UFC.

I want to see another Pride vs UFC :)

Silva, Fedor, and Crocop would take the show.

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
Stylin97V6 said:
Pride > UFC any day of the week.... even tho i still love UFC.

In UFC guys rely on pushing their opponet up against the cage to even control them. where as Pride its just all skill and fighting/grappling.

holding a guy against the cage doesnt show much skill to me. If you watch some UFC fights you will see the guy try as hard as he can to push him over to the cage just to try and gain control over him.

The guys in Pride would wipe the floor with the majority of the people in UFC.

I want to see another Pride vs UFC :)

Silva, Fedor, and Crocop would take the show.

+1, but you cant forget quinton jackson (he'll be back for the next 205 gp) and shogun. lidell, randleman, belfor<---- some of ufc's top names over the past 5-6 years couldnt make it. pride signed tito ortiz, he's gonna get his badboy azz owned all over japan.lol. any of you guys see tito ortiz on that new wrestling (tna) on spike tv, now hes into wrestling? gotta get paid for something, i guess.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
deathdealer said:
The whole Gannon Kimbo fight was an "exhibition" fight for $$$. Purse is usualy over 5-10g's for kimbo, and Gannon was game, he flew out to florida and had one hell of a war with Kimbo. Personaly I dont think having gannon lose that UFC match takes anything away from kimbo. They are two completely different fighters, how do you know Kimbo wouldnt have connected with a combination in the beginning of the round and KO'd him? True Kimbo may not be UFC material/ground fighter, but hes still one hell of a bad ass and I can garuntee he would knock ANY of us out on this forum. Juss give him his bread!

kimboslicebw.gif

Get over the Kimbo hype! He is a big dude that knows some basic boxing combos. He wouldnt have connected with any combo because he would have been taken down or caught in a sub quick.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
276SONIC03 said:
+1, but you cant forget quinton jackson (he'll be back for the next 205 gp) and shogun. lidell, randleman, belfor<---- some of ufc's top names over the past 5-6 years couldnt make it. pride signed tito ortiz, he's gonna get his badboy azz owned all over japan.lol. any of you guys see tito ortiz on that new wrestling (tna) on spike tv, now hes into wrestling? gotta get paid for something, i guess.

Tito's take you down and dry hump you to a decision on the side of the cage wont work in Pride, they will stand him up. Tito can be decent when he wants to but most of the time he just trys to get a cut stoppage or hold you down for a decision like alot of wrestlers do. Maybe Pride will be interesting for him if he does sign by letting him use knees on the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread