Gamers, VR might be worth your attention now

blk02edge

Established Member
Overall GT has gone down hill, but I dont know Forza could ever have a better physics model than GT Sport. To me, it's not even about how realistic the handling characteristics are for each car, but rather that every Forza game I have owned has excessive body roll and then the car feeling detached from the input on the controller in comparison to at least the GT series. I have always preferred GT for that reason, but I wish they would get back in it with some better content. GT usually looks better too as they do an exceptional job at rendering each car in GT Sport, but I would trade some of that for some more American cars at least lol.
Are you using a controller or a wheel? GT really is nowhere near the realism as Forza. Key is set up, its not just plug and play, when using a proper wheel and having everything on simulation Forza is almost perfect as far as physics goes. And dont get me started on the engine sounds in GT... A chevelle sounds like a vacuum cleaner

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Are you using a controller or a wheel? GT really is nowhere near the realism as Forza. Key is set up, its not just plug and play, when using a proper wheel and having everything on simulation Forza is almost perfect as far as physics goes. And dont get me started on the engine sounds in GT... A chevelle sounds like a vacuum cleaner

Well they screwed up Forza pretty bad on the sounds for the latest games. There is a lot of posts and videos of players telling Turn 10 to transfer over the Horizons 2 sound files to 4, but yes, GT is pretty crappy there too. You know what game has great audio files and is actually enjoyable for an arcade racer is NFS: Payback. They did a surprisingly good job on a lot of aspects of that game and made it fun, but obviously you have to live with certain unrealistic and over the top gameplay, but I actually did enjoy it.

And no, no wheel here yet. I have however played Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 or whatever the last one was with a wheel and I had more fun with it than the controller, but I still didnt get that sense of realism.

blk02edge

Established Member
Well they screwed up Forza pretty bad on the sounds for the latest games. There is a lot of posts and videos of players telling Turn 10 to transfer over the Horizons 2 sound files to 4, but yes, GT is pretty crappy there too. You know what game has great audio files and is actually enjoyable for an arcade racer is NFS: Payback. They did a surprisingly good job on a lot of aspects of that game and made it fun, but obviously you have to live with certain unrealistic and over the top gameplay, but I actually did enjoy it.

And no, no wheel here yet. I have however played Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 7 or whatever the last one was with a wheel and I had more fun with it than the controller, but I still didnt get that sense of realism.
Well, when I say realism all im talking about is solo lapping with all nannies turned off and the wheel rotations set right, the second you play the series or turn on ai or race the teenage online players all sense of it goes down the drain and thats where iracing picks up the torch.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well, when I say realism all im talking about is solo lapping with all nannies turned off and the wheel rotations set right, the second you play the series or turn on ai or race the teenage online players all sense of it goes down the drain and thats where iracing picks up the torch.

Oh okay, sorry I completely missed that. I have been up all night and am a zombie at the moment. I went back and reread your comment and realized I entirely misread half of it lol.

musclefan21

Established Member
I had the Oculus Go and just bought the Oculus Quest and go felt like a 1960s car and Quest is like. 2019 Mercedes-Benz. Difference is insane. I highly recommend the quest to everyone.

I just wish I still had the games that I had with Oculus Go. I had spent so much money on all those games

Users who are viewing this thread