Game system advice

4barrel

Established Member
Not trying to make this thread about parenting, but some studies have shown there are some benefits to video games, especially with helping to combat depression.

I whole-heartedly agree with limiting time spent on video games though. Sounds like the OP is already doing that.

Yessir. Thank you. As stated twice already, my kids are active in t-ball and other activities but seems a couple of others can't read. I started a thread asking about video games not parenting.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
Not trying to ruin it. I've seen it happen first hand. Video game addiction in young children is a real thing and I've watched it ruin a family member.

U.M.

IS THIS YOU?!?!?!

[video=Youtube;EglOsfErtaE]https://youtu.be/EglOsfErtaE[/video]

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Buy it soon. Target has the three for two video game sale until 11/5.

I bought three. Sold one already and plan on selling a second after I beat it. If I decide to sell the third (Forza Horizon 3) I'll be ahead of the game by about thirty bucks.

Last edited:

Korican

Newb
Established Member
Don't worry about my parenting fellas. They are active in t-ball and other activities. I won't be allowing them to sit and play video games for hours on end. As I said in the original post, I haven't had a console since Playstation 2 was new. I don't game. I stopped at Game Stop a couple times as we walk past and my boys see through the storefront and beg to go inside.

As for tablets and Minecraft, that's the current situation. Haha!

Looks like the new Nintendo Switch it is. Thanks!

I just checked out the Nintendo Switch and it looks pretty cool but can both boy play at the same time on the same game? Or do you have to buy two? Since I did read something about multiplayer local and online. Although I would not suggest you allow young kids access to multiplayer online... Speaking from past and current online experiences it gets rough with language and what not.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I just checked out the Nintendo Switch and it looks pretty cool but can both boy play at the same time on the same game? Or do you have to buy two? Since I did read something about multiplayer local and online. Although I would not suggest you allow young kids access to multiplayer online... Speaking from past and current online experiences it gets rough with language and what not.

Depends on the game. Something like mario kart can be played by both on the same console at the same time. Something like zelda, I would imagine not so much. Depends on what the individual game developer allows.

4barrel

Established Member

Negative on the online gaming.

grade 8

Established Member
It is sad that I remember Pong being cool when it was released. Up to the that point, the best electronic games had flippers and bumpers so it was radical technology.

Yeah old people!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember waiting in line at Sears to play Pong during the Christmas season.
None of that now. Just Amazon, click and wait for UPS. Kinda depressing.

grade 8

Established Member
Negative on the online gaming.

Nintendo doesn't always have comms activated. For example Splatoon. Paintball type shooter G-Rated.
Never play splatoon, it sucks to get 360 no scoped 420blazed all night by a 9 year old set up with 2 liters of Mt.Dew and a family size bag of cheetos.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
To the guy that said it will ruin your kids, he has a point. My nephews wake over the ps4 online minecraft and go to to bed late because it. But you are in charge.

Anyways there is a nintendo nes system console launching on the 11th and it has 30 games of the original nes system

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
I just seen that Nintendo is releasing a Nintendo Classic Edition. It's a mini og Nintendo pre-loaded with 30 classic games, for only 60 bux. It comes out the 11th of this month. I'm so getting this https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

I missed the post above me, my bad. There's the link anyways.

Last edited:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
My son has to do 5 pushups and 10 situps for every half hour he's on his electronics. That'll go up as he gets older. I've got no problem getting him an xbox one for christmas, it'll be a nice upgrade from his 360.

Blown 89

Established Member
Wait for the Nintendo Switch. That has the entire gaming community in a buzz right now.

DropSVT

Established Member
I just seen that Nintendo is releasing a Nintendo Classic Edition. It's a mini og Nintendo pre-loaded with 30 classic games, for only 60 bux. It comes out the 11th of this month. I'm so getting this https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

I missed the post above me, my bad. There's the link anyways.
Gooood luck its first come first serve and they're super limited. Im going to stand in line and buy a couple to flip on ebay.
To the OP xbox one is king

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Gooood luck its first come first serve and they're super limited. Im going to stand in line and buy a couple to flip on ebay.
To the OP xbox one is king

It's only a limited supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DropSVT

Established Member
It's only a limited supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hella limited and only certain gamestops will be selling them. Most employees say itll be sold out the first night and theres no pre-order because Nintendo likes to keep it fair.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
NONE! Tell them to go outside and play. Video games are worse than heroin.

U.M.

Video game addict here... and also was a cocaine addict 9 years ago.

I do believe that cocaine ruined my life quite a bit worse than video games

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
And OP...

Get a modded xbox.

11,000 games. $150 bucks.. has every game you can think of from Atari to Ps1

Users who are viewing this thread