Gained 10 rwhp from a clutch swap

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
Last time I went to the dyno my clutch was slipping, so I went ahead and put in a Centerforce DFX.

Heres a dyno that was last saturday after about 300 miles of break in time from nothing else but a clutch swap

graph_hptq.php

I dynoed 500.3/465 before

After the clutch I dynoed 510/467

After the kid comes, its time for a new radiator, water pump and a lower pulley :rockon:
P1010029.sized.jpg

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
myersusaf said:
nice numbers , and damn you car is shit hot.

Thanks

It was slightly lean up top, well at least for my liking...so I had to richen it up a bit and hopefuly I don't lose that much from doing that. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm curious. Your signature shows 470rwhp and 480rwtq. Your last dyno report was 500rwhp and 465rwtq. With the clutch change the numbers were 511rwhp and 468rwtq. What did you do as far as mods between the first and second set of numbers that resulted in a gain of 30rwhp and a loss of 15rwtq? Was it the porting of your blower? Any other changes?

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I'm curious. Your signature shows 470rwhp and 480rwtq. Your last dyno report was 500rwhp and 465rwtq. With the clutch change the numbers were 511rwhp and 468rwtq. What did you do as far as mods between the first and second set of numbers that resulted in a gain of 30rwhp and a loss of 15rwtq? Was it the porting of your blower? Any other changes?

Sorry, I never updated my sig.

I was at 469/480 and then I decided I wanted headers. Well I went with the JBA shorties. And actually lost power. Some parts of my curve showed gains, but ultimately peak was down.

so I was at 462/467. Added the ported blower, got tuned, did 500/465 with the slipping stock clutch.

Went to the dfx, input shaft, cooling mod and it hit 510/467

I'm blaming my low torque numbers on little to no back pressure with the headers, o/r prochamber and the 3' MAC catback

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the update. I always find it interesting to see what certain mods do for power and torque. Your info fills in the blanks nicely. Well, you're making some nice power for sure.

What size pulley are you using now? I'm guess you're using maybe a 2.76 with the stock lower? If so, are you planning on making a lower change? I'm just thinking of how you can increase the torque. I can see how the whole exhaust system would affect your overall torque.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
your clutch didn't necessarily give you 10rwhp. alot of conditions can change your hp/tq numbers while on the dyno: temp, humidity, tuning, etc.

never-the-less, those are great numbers and a great looking car. congrats

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Thanks for the update. I always find it interesting to see what certain mods do for power and torque. Your info fills in the blanks nicely. Well, you're making some nice power for sure.

What size pulley are you using now? I'm guess you're using maybe a 2.76 with the stock lower? If so, are you planning on making a lower change? I'm just thinking of how you can increase the torque. I can see how the whole exhaust system would affect your overall torque.

Since its not a daily driver, I am probablly going to go with a 3 lb lower. However, that has not been totally decided yet.

If it was my DD, I would do a 2lb. If I did a lower at all.

My original goal and current was 500/500 and then I was done. I never wanted a KB or Whipple. I'm fine with the Eaton and hopefully by my bday next year (9/3) I will be totally done with this as far as performance, suspension looks, everything. And hopefully paid off as well.

:beer:

Hye

Established Member
niels04cobra said:
your clutch didn't necessarily give you 10rwhp. alot of conditions can change your hp/tq numbers while on the dyno: temp, humidity, tuning, etc.

never-the-less, those are great numbers and a great looking car. congrats

I was going to say that, but alteast you know now that your clutch is using all that power with 100% efficiency now... :beer:

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Great numbers and great looking car! How do you like the DFX so far? I am thinking about buying one in the next couple days. Thanks for any info.

-Mike

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
96BlackSnake said:
Since its not a daily driver, I am probablly going to go with a 3 lb lower. However, that has not been totally decided yet.

If it was my DD, I would do a 2lb. If I did a lower at all.

My original goal and current was 500/500 and then I was done. I never wanted a KB or Whipple. I'm fine with the Eaton and hopefully by my bday next year (9/3) I will be totally done with this as far as performance, suspension looks, everything. And hopefully paid off as well.

:beer:
Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread