G35 Vs 03 Cobra

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
i know they're two different cars but, come xmas ( i know weird time to buy a RWD sports car) we should be getting a new/used car if everything goes to plan. the two main cars on the list are the G35 and Cobra. I love the way they both look and well i want something powerful and fast but yet something comfy and classy.. what do you guys think?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I don't know of many people that consider the Mustang to be classy and comfy, so I would get the G35 if you want decent performance, comfort, and "class"

now unless you want to just go fast in a straight line, get the cobra because thats about all it does well.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I agree. If you want a classy/refined car, go with the G35. A friend of mine has one. They sound great.

Go with the cobra if you just want to go fast (1/4 or road racing).

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
I agree. If you want a classy/refined car, go with the G35. A friend of mine has one. They sound great.

Go with the cobra if you just want to go fast (1/4 or road racing).
I agree. G35's are just pimp anyway you look at them. Look great, sound great, real comfy inside and decent performance. Cobra is just another animal . . . a very fast and very powerful animal.

nugen

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox

now unless you want to just go fast in a straight line, get the cobra because thats about all it does well.

This is just not true, the '03/'04 Cobra does lots of things well. You can tear up a road course, burn up a quarter mile, or be pretty competitive on the autocross. I even think it's comfortable to drive over long distances as well. I put 17,000 miles on my Cobra in 10 months and no complaints here. It is true, however, that the Infinity will be the more refined of the 2 cars.

ModsAway

Established Member
Doing it all over again I would still buy the Cobra again. The only added benefit of the G35 to me personally is I could/would drive it all year round as now my Cobra sits quietly in the garage for winter.

Note: A supercharger will very effectively up the power on the G35 making up for its lack of performance. A friend of mine ran a 13.1 (auto trans) with 6psi on his G35.... he did however crack (or warp, i forget) a piston after about 2 months at this power level.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by nugen
This is just not true, the '03/'04 Cobra does lots of things well. You can tear up a road course, burn up a quarter mile, or be pretty competitive on the autocross. I even think it's comfortable to drive over long distances as well.

I agree. The Cobra handles very well. The whole "only goes in a straight line" theroy is ricer thinking.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Personally I woudl take the cobra.. because i love the sound of a V8 with flowmasters and just plain out going fast... The infinity is a more classy/confortable car, thats something I will get when I am a little older and out of my muscle car phase

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
...thats something I will get when I am a little older and out of my muscle car phase

I wasn't aware this could happen:D

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Look at it this way: do you want a rip-snorting car that'll spin the tires at will, but isn't a world-leader in comfort, or are you willing to give up the power for something that's much more cushy? As a teenager, it'd be the Cobra for me, but you might mind not having a car that is luxurious. I'd say buy a Cobra for the nice days, and with the money you saved by buying a Cobra instead of a G35, get a nice, comfy daily driver.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
I was thinking the same for when I was getting my new car. I drove the G35 sport coupe and realized how much I wanted the Cobra. The G35 is a nice looking car, but its no Cobra. They are slow (I thought they were) and the interior looks nice, but its just better painted plastic than in the Cobra, for the exception of the nav. I was disapointed when I drove the G35 sport coupe and was very, very impressed when I drove the 03 Cobra. Drive both cars and make your decision. Thats what it comes down to.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Better drive them both...
But to me.... It's a no brainer...
BTW.....
I got your drag racing.... right here:bash:

TWSTRACK7.jpg

TWSTRACK10.jpg

PA0300631.jpg

Jimmy:beer:

REPOEDsDIME

w00000t w00t!
Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
Look at it this way: do you want a rip-snorting car that'll spin the tires at will, but isn't a world-leader in comfort, or are you willing to give up the power for something that's much more cushy? As a teenager, it'd be the Cobra for me, but you might mind not having a car that is luxurious. I'd say buy a Cobra for the nice days, and with the money you saved by buying a Cobra instead of a G35, get a nice, comfy daily driver.

I beg to differ on the pricing subject. My father bought his '04 G35 back in '03. It was fully loaded other then the navigation system and it cost no more than what most spend on their new Cobra. But I as well, would rather have the Cobra.:burnout:

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
What do you really want?

I had a deposit on a G35 before I bought the Cobra. At the time (11/02) all the local dealers were adding $3k+ premium on the Cobra's..& I knew that the value of them would plummet (like they have) so I was resigned to getting the Infinity.

Then, I found a Cobra for $32k..& haven't regretted it for a minute.

The Infinity is like dating the history major..sensible yes...passion..ain't happening. The Cobra is just a major giggle..EVERY time I drive it...the G35 would just be...SENSIBLE

It all depends what you want out of a car.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
A G35 is gonna have performance numbers that closely resemble a SN95 Cobra(96-98). The question is this...what do you want more...that extra 1.5 seconds off the 1/4 mile or so you want the refinement of the G35. That's the trade off in a nutshell

PACETTR

Established Member
$.02

05 Mustang GT...Not on your list, but I consider this a very nice compromise...better power than the G35, but better styling (no flame, please, I love the look of the Terminators;-) ) and much more refinement than the Cobra; comparable price, coolest car on the road, and 87 octane!:thumbsup:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
We have two infiniti's here at home its a nissan on steroids as I see it... I would take the Cobra but that is just me... the g35s are nice cars. If you want an Infiniti go with the m45 :)

Users who are viewing this thread