G35 key won’t turn

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
So I goofed and left my windows down on my 2005 G35 the other night and my sprinklers sprayed water all over the drivers side dash. Car has keyless ignition but it won't turn even when manually inserting a key. All other electrical components seem to be working and I don't have any blown fuses. I've tried moving the steering wheel back and forth but that's not working either. I have unplugged all of the harnesses under the dash and let them dry out for 5 days and unhooked the battery for 24 hours. Any ideas? Car only has 100k miles so I don’t want to trash it but also don’t won’t to spend thousands at a dealer either.

Attachments

• IMG_2824.jpeg
    IMG_2824.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 62

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
These half-assed ignitions are weird and I haven't had any issues I've had to deal with regarding them that I can think of, but how about voltage? Do you have good voltage to the battery? I'm just thinking how some keys lock keys in the ignition when voltage gets too low.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
These half-assed ignitions are weird and I haven't had any issues I've had to deal with regarding them that I can think of, but how about voltage? Do you have good voltage to the battery? I'm just thinking how some keys lock keys in the ignition when voltage gets too low.
Voltage is good. I put a trickle charger on it and checked it on my volt meter and it’s showing 12.6.

Roush6018

Established Member
there is a sensor around the ignition switch for the keyless system, so get that part replaced with a new one, then tow it to the dealer to have the keys reprogrammed to the new sensors for the keyless.

if the water sprayed down the passenger side of the dash, your car will need a new IPDM and youre good to go.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
there is a sensor around the ignition switch for the keyless system, so get that part replaced with a new one, then tow it to the dealer to have the keys reprogrammed to the new sensors for the keyless.

if the water sprayed down the passenger side of the dash, your car will need a new IPDM and youre good to go.
Thanks. Do you know what the name of the sensor is so I can order one?

Roush6018

Established Member
a quick little search and i came up with " G35 immobilizer control unit ". its a black box with a ring around it. it installs on the ingintion switch , then you need to reprogram all the keys to get the car to start.

Users who are viewing this thread