G.O.T. !!!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Hope someone has an answer, who were the other two white walkers that were always by the night kings side on horses? Just a general question unrelated to the last episode
I've always thought they were just his "Lieutenants" :shrug: It alludes to the four horsemen of the apocalypse

Gotta be some of the first white walkers. Remember when Jon killed one with the Valyrian steel sword all the wights around them died. Some sort of kill the vampire, everything he has turned dies too.

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Was thinking the same but did they ever show a scene where the queen was informed of his death.
no but they certainly do take a lot of liberties with deciding what to show us, especially since the final season is already cut short. Littlefinger dying was ages ago having happened last season. Which leads to another complaint: I get no one wants to watch ships sailing and armies marching for months on end, but the writers/producers have done a terrible job with giving us some sort of time frame.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
no but they certainly do take a lot of liberties with deciding what to show us, especially since the final season is already cut short. Littlefinger dying was ages ago having happened last season. Which leads to another complaint: I get no one wants to watch ships sailing and armies marching for months on end, but the writers/producers have done a terrible job with giving us some sort of time frame.

It's HBO's signature tactic. They blind you with the sex, gore, and overall smut so you dont care about story continuity or plot holes lol.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I called it in my death pool among my friends that I watch with, but I'll post it here too.

I bet, in true lefty fashion, no one takes the Iron Throne and they all agree to live together in a peaceful, borderless, classless paradise, because globalism.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
The time frame is my biggest peeve of the show. I think that’s why so many people were weirded out by Arya’s sex scene. Cause we all think she is like 12 when it reality she supposedly is 18 in the show at that time. The only thing that gave a slight timeline was that everyone knew it takes “years” for the dragons to get fully grown.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
What reference do y'all want for time? You know it takes a long time to march anywhere, or build a bunch of ships, or sail those ships. Just assume a shitload of time passes between major events. Not a big deal.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
What reference do y'all want for time? You know it takes a long time to march anywhere, or build a bunch of ships, or sail those ships. Just assume a shitload of time passes between major events. Not a big deal.
Without every character having a yearly birthday, how will we know this all hasn't taken place in a couple weeks?

blk02edge

Established Member
I called it in my death pool among my friends that I watch with, but I'll post it here too.

I bet, in true lefty fashion, no one takes the Iron Throne and they all agree to live together in a peaceful, borderless, classless paradise, because globalism.
I think its safe to say a woman will be the supreme leader

noco5.0

Established Member
I was listening to Rush Limbaugh of all people and he was talking about how dark it was. I'm going to try watching it again and change my TV settings to theater. I think the compression issue mentioned by the cinematographer makes sense to so it probably is better the second time.
‘Game of Thrones’ Cinematographer Defends Battle of Winterfell Against Complaints It’s Too Dark to See

As to the plot I thought it was kind of lame that no major characters died, but George RR Martin has said that he's more interested in the human story than the supernatural part. One of his criticisms of the Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies was that they just kind of ended after Sauron was destroyed where the book went into the scouring of the Shire by Sarumon. I've always found the Game of Thrones aspect of the show much more interesting than the whole Night King side show. I think the last three episodes are going to be epic and am glad the Night King part of the story has been put to rest. I just wonder what role Bran will have now since he doesn't seem to care about the human part of the story, but definitely had an interest in John Snow's true identity.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I think with a story this grand and complex there will always be things that leave people unsatisfied but imho it's the best written, acted, directed, and produced show there's been and probably will be for a while. I'm interested to see how everything wraps up but I can't recall a show, even Breaking Bad or the Sopranos that kept me so interested and invested episode after episode, season after season. It's amazing to me what they've been able to do. I re-watched the episode...the correct video settings on the TV definitely make a difference...I was listening when Rush was talking about that as well.

GodStang

Established Member
Hope someone has an answer, who were the other two white walkers that were always by the night kings side on horses? Just a general question unrelated to the last episode

The Wildlings would give live babies to the Night King who he would then turn to walkers. They are not undead. They were alive when turned. Happened early on.

As far as the complaints. He is called the NIGHT King. Not the Dawn King, Not the Lunch King, Not the Midday King. Any other time would be stupid. Knowing it was going to be at night I chose a LED TV to watch on instead of my Plasma. I had zero issues with the darkness. I am sure the book it will take place at night so doing it any other time people will bitch about that. Can't please everyone.

Also you guys have to remember is this is just episode 3. It was not the climax, it was not the season or series finale. It was just an episode to push the story along. As for just a random episode it was great. Ya a few plot holes and was jumpy here and there but for a mid episode it was great. Also sad that they just killed that story line so fast. For years it's "Winter is Coming". Then boom its over.

As far as main characters dieing this episode? Too many stories left to tell. Hound Vs The Mountain, Cersei Vs Jamie, and of course you can't kill off the main characters (Starks, Snow, Danni, Tayrion) mid season.

I am just hoping that Martian's fat ass does not die before finishing the last two books as I feel we will get more info and the story lines may finish different.

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
How are you so negative all the time? That was far from the worst GOT episode.

So, following up my previous statement.

Worst Episode Ever.

I'll start with what made GOT great.
Amazing Cinematography not seen on this scale for TV before.
Excellent, Shocking Story Telling that tried to defy the typical Heroes tale, adding a sense of "real" to it. (Good guys don't always win and save the day).
Multiple Layered Stories that work seamlessly together.

What went Wrong?
1. This episode was shot at night, much to it's detriment. I get it, its spooky.. but it really felt like a tool to hide a lack of budget or cinematic capability, which we know is not the case. The action was disjointed and covered up, you had to struggle to see what was going on, which really takes you right out of the show.

I felt they tried to do what 13th Warrior did, using the night to obscure the gravity of the threat and add mystery to the undead army. Except they failed. We'd already scene the undead, so there was no mystery to hide.

2. Disjointed. It was almost impossible to tell where, when and how anything was happening. One minute, the Undead horde is an unbreakable tidal wave just crushing over everyone... but then our heroes are able to stand there casually swatting them away one at a time. Our Heroes are at the front of these +10k armies, but then are at the rear inside the castle while the armies struggle to retreat...

Aryia is on the roof, then in court yard, then in the library, then running in hallways then in the orchard... like all instantly. And we go from having millions of undead, to just a dozen hanging out in the library, then a few fighting the heroes, then hundreds.. then.. MAKE UP YOUR MIND

3. EX MACHINA! PLOT ARMOR!!

Wildlings just happen to meet up with the Nightwatch, just after the undead kill the kid's people, and they just happen to have horses and beat the undead horde by a few hours!

Our heroes all just happen to find the same break room to drink and joke around with just enough time before the attack like it's lifted right out of an Avengers movie.

Sir Whatever just happens to lead the Dothraki who get whipped out, but he survives, then he's in the castle, but then right at the Dragon Queen when she falls and saves her against what should have been a few thousand resurrected Undead.

We see this time and time again. Fire Sword, sees Aryia just as she gets in trouble, manages to find her just in time and save her just in time. Dickless Ginger, manages to fend off the horde just long enough to have a fancy hero's death just after Braun forgave him.

Everyone loved by the fan base lived, everyone that died was essentially a Star Trek Red Shirt.

What would have been better.

Filmed at Dusk, giving more light to see what was going on but just enough eerie darkness to hide cinematography needs and even work as "all hope is sinking".

Arya kills the Nightking because she traded places with Bruan.

Ginger Dickless... who we're expecting to die heroically, panics in the face of death and tries to run and dies.

Dragon Queen, falls.... and gets torn to shreds by the Undead.

Series Conclusion

I think it would be a great troll move if they have Cerie win in the end. I highly doubt that happens. I expect Jamie kills her and dies in the process.

The best ending would be if Tyrion ends up King. John Snow has always been to much of a "golden boy" for the series and Mother of Dragons has continued to show the tyrant lurking under the surface. If Tryion ended up on the thrown, Sansa would be a shoe-in for Queen of the North.

I don't agree with your opinion on how the show should end, but I definitely agree with the criticism of this episode. I've been bitching since Sunday that only Ensign Gonna-Dies were actually killed.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
it would have been interesting if Aryia could have been disguised as Bruan without having had to kill him to do it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So here's something to think about. I just thought of this on the drive this morning to work. How long had it been since we had seen anything from the lord of light or any of his followers in an episode? It had been a while but in this episode they made it clear that both of those two followers were there to presumably protect and guide Arya, and once they were done doing that then it was their time to finally pass on. They established the power of the lord of light in this episode by having her perform two miracles of sort with the fire she set to their swords and then to the trench. Since the lord of light was for sure there and controlling certain destinies then it is safe to assume that most of the main characters were meant to live so that they could carry out other plans later on.

Users who are viewing this thread