• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

G.O.T. !!!

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Sonic605hp, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Sinister04L

Sinister04L RIP Kane Established Member

I disagree. It's Game of Thrones not Game of the Night King. The most important story that has run throughout is who is going to rule, who is going to win the game of thrones.

It means many things. It's the Stark motto. It literally means that the long winter is coming (which are particularly harsh and dangerous for those in the north). It is also a metaphor for the dangers that come with the darkness and the cold, including the Night King and White Walkers, but isn't exclusive to them IMO.

noco5.0 likes this.
  2. Sinister04L

I'd watch the shit out of that lol.

03Sssnake likes this.
  3. Corbic

Corbic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

No, GOT is the name of the first book. The series is called "A song of Ice and Fire"

No one believed in Night Kings and White Walkers. They are legends and tails from 10,000 years prior.

Seaons in this world are not measured in months but in years. That's something this season shit the bed with again, as it's suppose to be finally winter in Kings Landing, but there is no indication of that this season.

BOOGIE MAN likes this.
  4. Sonic605hp

Sonic605hp Ginormous Member Established Member

I have a hard time believing the Lannisters are dead.... when they didn't show the Hound dead he wasn't. Tyrian told Jamie to keep following the stairs which it looked like they were doing.... I'm not convinced yet.

5. Mpoitrast87

Mpoitrast87 Well-Known Member Established Member

Did you see the part where the stairs were completely blocked by rubble?

03Sssnake likes this.
  6. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I was unaware that I was watching the books.

Sinister04L likes this.
  7. Sonic605hp

Sonic605hp Ginormous Member Established Member

Re-watching now.

8. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

60335305_2219440148173659_6569744488934146048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg
    60350355_2219737984810542_8108873631800492032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  9. Sinister04L

And THIS series is called Game of Thrones.

I know they didn't believe in them but they are an example of the dangers that come with the darkness.

10. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

This thread reminds me of the nerds that talked about D&D at the high school lunch table.

Granted, I did binge watch all the seasons with my wife. However, I don't know anyone, I would discuss GOT with.

BTW. My schooling, leads me to believe that the White Walkers representative of the general public.

11. Corbic

Congrats on being obtuse.

If you are truly enjoying this season, good for you. I wish I had such low standards.

However you'd be wrong to not notice a significant change in quality, pacing, and character archs from the seasons based on the source material, to the seasons being pulled out of D&D's asses.

Don't make excuses for garbage.

12. svtfocus2cobra

svtfocus2cobra Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi Established Member

Why get hung up on it though? The filming has ended, there is only one episode left, so what can be done now? Complaining about it wont change but it can obviously make you bitter about it all. I'd rather just take it for what it is and when it is done I will go about my life until the next series catches my interests.

Mpoitrast87 and KilledbyKenne like this.
  13. GodStang

GodStang Well-Known Member Established Member

This here. I am not the hugest fan how it has played out and yes it was rushed and yes a lot is different than the book but I take it for what it is. I will finish the last episode and move on to the next show not bitter and not sad.

14. noco5.0

noco5.0 Active Member Established Member

15. Corbic

16. 72MachOne99GT

72MachOne99GT Well-Known Member Established Member

My take on the “rushed to crazy” part for Danarys is that she’s a Targaryan.

They mention several times that the family is deeply incestuous, bears crazy people, and if her dad was batshit nuts, what’s stopping her from being worse?

All is good, all is good, bam..dead dragons-dead friend-dead maiden-betrayal-mass murder.

Seems like a normal sequence to me.

03Sssnake and BOOGIE MAN like this.
  17. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

18. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

No, I see the culmination of the past seasons coming to a head. You’re just pissed that it isn’t going exactly how you want it to. You’re worse (or maybe you do the same) than comic book fan boys, you attack a show based on your opinion presented as fact. The quality hasn’t gone down, the story telling hasn’t gone down. You’re just being a negative twat.

Screw-Rice and svtfocus2cobra like this.
  19. Corbic

Wow.

Hypocrite Much?

So, it's my "opinion" quality and story writing went to shit, but it's your fact it didn't? Care to show a previous season with Starbucks sponsors or regenative apendages?

Considering the vast majority of people agree with me would indicate I am correct and you are not.

"Comic Book Fanboys", sorry for being a fan about something. Clearly you are not, and the reality is fans are what makes "a thing" something great.

How would you like it if Ford last minute cancels thr GT500 and releases a FWD Focus based Hybrid and calls it a GT500 and says "we know people were really excited about the GT500... And we wanted to subvert expectations and give the audience something new and spectacual! So here is the new FWD GT500 Hatch!!".

Then when people don't buy it and don't like it, accuse them of being haters, stupid, negative and white suprememenismists.

Speaking of Comic books (ps, I hate them), Marvel was able to neatly tie together 22 movies of character development, plot points and growth into Avengers End Game that has been universally praised by both hardcore obsessed fans as well as the "normies".That's how you end a cultural event of that scale.

If D&D had been in charge they'd have cut the movie to 75 minutes, Thanos would have died in the first 4 minutes and Capitan America would turn on Tony, kill him and say Thanos was right, half the world must die..... Captain Marvel kills Capitan America... Roll credits. Bet you never saw that coming! Expectians Subverted!!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  20. Great Asp

Great Asp Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

I know you are just trying to make a point, but...….

blasphemy.jpg

2011 gtcs likes this.