G Force Half Shaft Axle Nut Torque

01yellercobra

Established Member
I picked up a pair of G Force half shafts recently and also went ahead and picked up the locking nuts mentioned in the old thread here:

For those that are running the locking nut, what did you torque them to? G Force says to reduce the stock torque spec by 10%, putting the spec at 216ft-lbs I believe. But that is with the non-locking nut they send with the half shaft. There's a warning in the instructions that say over torquing could pull the stub apart. I was thinking of torquing the lock nuts to 216, but I'm worried it won't be tight enough. Friction and all that. But I also don't want to kill my new half shaft.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Lube the threads with isopropyl alcohol when torqueing them. It will be a lubricant that will provide the correct torque and it will evaporate afterwards. We do this on stainless parts all the time for work where we cannot use neverseize.

What size is the thread on the half shaft? I use the Fastenal chart for torque of bolts, they have it broken down by grade and materials, dry or lubed.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Lube the threads with isopropyl alcohol when torqueing them. It will be a lubricant that will provide the correct torque and it will evaporate afterwards. We do this on stainless parts all the time for work where we cannot use neverseize.

What size is the thread on the half shaft? I use the Fastenal chart for torque of bolts, they have it broken down by grade and materials, dry or lubed.

M24-1.5 if my research is correct. I'll remember the alcohol trick. The instructions say to use heavy duty loctite. But I'm a fan of a mechanical locking set up in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread