Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
came with the kit. they claim it keeps things running cooler

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Haha... congrats.

I daily drive an FRS and they are SLOW as crap. I even bought the car with an intake and exhaust so I can`t imagine how slow a stock one would be. Grossly underpowered at certain rpms, but still a fun car to drive. No way it is as quick as my 13 FX4 Ecoboost.

Joewee500

Established Member
I am looking forward to a tune. Intake, and exhaust for the truck. Really wish someone around me had theirs tuned so I could drive it once. Livernois seems favored for the Ecoboost truck?

I had an '11 Ecoboost platinum. I ran lots of tunes from 3 different tuners. A 22lbs boost race gas tune from Unleashed, a 93 tune from MPT, 100oct Livernois and 93 Livernois. I had full bolt ons and bested a 13.5@100. Fun little truck.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
So, apparently the kid is running around telling everyone he lost to a tune, exhaust, and upgraded turbo f150... I am now officially looking for him in the 5.0 since we are enjoying a dry spell. Oh, and make it more of a laugh he says he beat 2014 Tundra 5.7 supercab. I don't like the body style of that pickup, but I KNOW that thing would mess up quite a few little 4 bangers. Off topic..how much can a 3.5 make and take with upgraded turbos? Do they make a kit, seems like it would be absurd.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
So, apparently the kid is running around telling everyone he lost to a tune, exhaust, and upgraded turbo f150... I am now officially looking for him in the 5.0 since we are enjoying a dry spell. Oh, and make it more of a laugh he says he beat 2014 Tundra 5.7 supercab. I don't like the body style of that pickup, but I KNOW that thing would mess up quite a few little 4 bangers. Off topic..how much can a 3.5 make and take with upgraded turbos? Do they make a kit, seems like it would be absurd.

There are a couple guys with the 3.5 SHOs and one guy with an EB Flex making some pretty solid power. The guy with the EB flex has run a fastest time of a 12.9. Highest numbers I know of with a SHO are one guy running 617AWHP/608AWTQ with upgraded turbos. http://www.hkmediachicago.com/#!sponsored/cnos

turbo upgrade: http://www.stage3motorsports.com/AT...us-SHO-EcoBoost-ATP-Turbocharger-Upgrade.html

I finally put the hammer down on my EB F-150 Screw and from a 55ish roll it moves scary fast for a full size truck with the 3.55s. It went from the speed limit to jail time in a hurry...

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
a friend of mine's daughter has a FRS. They were talking about how it will be a collector item one day. I laughed and said not a chance anyone will give a rats ass about these cars in 10 years.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Good kill. My two funny frs stories::

Had a douche weaving in and out of traffic get up on my ass while I was in the left lane waiting for a slower car to get over, so I could pass it. The slower car gets over and before I could get past the car and move over for this jackass, he cuts over in the right lane to try to pass me. I let him get a fender ahead of me and nailed it. Honestly, I didn't even think he was wot. I let off a couple times only to nail it again and rub it in. I looked down and was cruising at 120mph, and realized he was probably maxed out and wouldn't be able to catch me even though I was simply cruising. I was in my ctsv.

Then about a month ago I pulled into a local movie rental place. I'm parked in the middle of the lot and this younger kid comes out with his gf and gets in a brz/frs. He proceeds to do two donuts rather close to me and other cars before peeling out of the lot. Thank god for cold pavement I guess, he could barely chirp the tires leaving the lot. I was actually impressed. He was either reasonably skilled with the car, or a complete idiot who just got lucky that day and didn't hit anything. I was in my gtr. Not sure if he wanted me to chase after him or what?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I agree, its over priced and under powered. The 2.0t Genesis and mustang v6 track pack both put 2+ seconds on the FR-s around a track ... say what you will, the thing is underpowered for its price bracket.

Are you saying what I've been saying for months? They need more power to ever be taken seriously, no matter how great it handles.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Good kill. My two funny frs stories::

Had a douche weaving in and out of traffic get up on my ass while I was in the left lane waiting for a slower car to get over, so I could pass it. The slower car gets over and before I could get past the car and move over for this jackass, he cuts over in the right lane to try to pass me. I let him get a fender ahead of me and nailed it. Honestly, I didn't even think he was wot. I let off a couple times only to nail it again and rub it in. I looked down and was cruising at 120mph, and realized he was probably maxed out and wouldn't be able to catch me even though I was simply cruising. I was in my ctsv.

Then about a month ago I pulled into a local movie rental place. I'm parked in the middle of the lot and this younger kid comes out with his gf and gets in a brz/frs. He proceeds to do two donuts rather close to me and other cars before peeling out of the lot. Thank god for cold pavement I guess, he could barely chirp the tires leaving the lot. I was actually impressed. He was either reasonably skilled with the car, or a complete idiot who just got lucky that day and didn't hit anything. I was in my gtr. Not sure if he wanted me to chase after him or what?

You should have caught up to him in the GTR. Ran him from a dig with LC and sent him home to curl up in a fetus position.

Users who are viewing this thread