Fx4 Screw Ecoboost vs Frs

2013GT'ed

Established Member
So, this kill wasn't in my car. After putting up with the little blue Frs following me through town generally being a douche I finally took the bait. Now, I haven't been keeping up on the new 4 cylinder cars that have been coming out. I know of course a Sti/Wrx, evo, Focus ST would probably take me in my truck. I have taken down quite a few stock Civic Si's (yes I know not that fast) but I honestly expected a better race out of it. A Lil brake boost launch and I simply destroyed the kid. 2 more times from a dead stop. Just coming out of the hole I would put 3 -4 truck lengths on him. Some of this I will assume was the drive and me knowing what I am doing with my truck. Best part was his friend laughing his ass off at him in the passenger seat. I'm sure if this race went past 70-80 it might look different, but I am not sure. Kinda awesome that the Ole pickup can hand out a whupping. I'm about to do a tune, exhaust, and intake on the truck too. Should.make it a better daily driver.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
They're really unimpressive for just straight line shenanigans. Like honestly, I've kept with one through traffic and open jaunts with my ****ing fusion (wanted one bad until that day). Though if it were some twisty Canyon road it would be a different tale.

Fassssst

Established Member
Op , you should not be AT ALL surprised by the outcome my friend !! Don't expect a better race out of these slow turds at all . I have commented on many previous threads on this great site before about this same , very slow ( but good handling ( lol ) car .
The zipperheads ( and , or ) owners that buy and drive these cars don't have a ****ing clue !!
They seem to be brainwashed by all the " RETURN OF THE SPORTS CAR " ads that were all over the damn place when this " car " started to hit ricer showrooms . These young idiots actually think that these " cars " are pretty quick .

So , here we go again . I KNOW , I KNOW !!! This " car " CAN handle pretty good , but PUULLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE !!!! You young idiot ricers !!! Stop dreaming and quit thinking that you are going to beat ANYTHING from light to light !!! GIVE UP ALREADY !!!!!

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Yeah, he honestly seemed surprised he got taken down so badly. Granted a 3.73 geared eco is fairly quick. I just simply wrecked him. The only thing I could think was how bad it would of been against a bolt on 5.0 lmao

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I've got Livernois' 91 tune on my truck. For one, I haven't had to fill my tank for over 3 weeks which is insane because I drive every day and commute 30+ miles 3-4 times a week. On top of that I think it could hang with a stock Lightning from a roll. I only say that because I've driven stock and modded Ls and it seriously pulls that hard when you mash it from a roll. From a light it would be a slaughter not in my favor but most of these "performance" 4 cylinders would probably have a huge struggle with these Ecoboost trucks.

Last edited:

Speedboosted

Established Member
One of those tried to mess with me in the V6 a while back, I beat him by a tiny bit (1-2 cars)....then last week I'm pretty sure the same car wanted to race in the shelby. Best part was he wanted a roll!!! LOL I couldn't help but laugh and agree. It was quite ugly even by the top end of 2nd. Good runs OP, those Ecoboost trucks are awesome, even more so once tuned and a few boltons

Voltwings

Established Member
Op , you should not be AT ALL surprised by the outcome my friend !! Don't expect a better race out of these slow turds at all . I have commented on many previous threads on this great site before about this same , very slow ( but good handling ( lol ) car .
The zipperheads ( and , or ) owners that buy and drive these cars don't have a ****ing clue !!
They seem to be brainwashed by all the " RETURN OF THE SPORTS CAR " ads that were all over the damn place when this " car " started to hit ricer showrooms . These young idiots actually think that these " cars " are pretty quick .

So , here we go again . I KNOW , I KNOW !!! This " car " CAN handle pretty good , but PUULLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE !!!! You young idiot ricers !!! Stop dreaming and quit thinking that you are going to beat ANYTHING from light to light !!! GIVE UP ALREADY !!!!!

I agree, its over priced and under powered. The 2.0t Genesis and mustang v6 track pack both put 2+ seconds on the FR-s around a track ... say what you will, the thing is underpowered for its price bracket.

Rios302

Established Member
I was driving my aunt's minivan I think it's a v6 dodge caravas. Anyways I see this kid in a scion FRS loooking all cool, he then turns towards me and immediatly looks down on me as soon as he saw me. Well I revved the nuts out of the minivan and when the light turned green we both went at it. I took him by like 1/2 car lenghts no joke. I had no chance to look down on him since he never dared go past me to give me the thumbs up as any descent person would. In his defence I got the jump but it makes no difference.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
^ ahahahahahahaha. I believe that man. I just didn't believe that they were that slow. As to a Frs vs a gt500, wth man? You know how that was going to end.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
I've got Livernois' 91 tune on my truck. For one, I haven't had to fill my tank for over 3 weeks which is insane because I drive every day and commute 30+ miles 3-4 times a week. On top of that I think it could hang with a stock Lightning from a roll. I only say that because I've driven stock and modded Ls and it seriously pulls that hard when you mash it from a roll. From a light it would be a slaughter not in my favor but most of these "performance" 4 cylinders would probably have a huge struggle with these Ecoboost trucks.

Those things gain so much power with just the tune. After I bought my Ram I lined up against my dad in his stock extended cab FX4 ecoboost and barely edged him out both from a dig and roll. Two weeks later he got a tune and now he puts lengths on me. My truck still looks better though :burnout:

kaz109

Established Member
FRS/BRZ is such a fun car to drive. Would def have one to weekend canyon carving

mavisky

Established Member
These things aren't any more threat in a straight line than a Miata would be, but just like the Miata they're pretty decent when it comes to handling if you ditch the shit factory "eco tires" that aren't good for anything but fuel mileage and drifting.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
I am looking forward to a tune. Intake, and exhaust for the truck. Really wish someone around me had theirs tuned so I could drive it once. Livernois seems favored for the Ecoboost truck?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They are slow acceleration wise but ive heard they are perfect on the track. Even with its low lap times the car has a super low center of gravity. Im by no means an frs/brz fan but would not mind owning one just to lap around and push to the limit with no care in the world. I would not do that in a vette or viper!

Gj putting the driver in his place, there was one with a fart cannon that tried to rev at me but didnt care to waste time or gas. There are quite a few ricers in the bay still, sometimes it gets old hearing that fart cannon and the driver thinking they have a snow balls chance....

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I am looking forward to a tune. Intake, and exhaust for the truck. Really wish someone around me had theirs tuned so I could drive it once. Livernois seems favored for the Ecoboost truck?

yes. just do it. intake is debatable. I'm running a K&N filter, SW catted downpipe, T-Stat and tune. they offer bundled kits to make things easy. also suggest a Roush vent pod boost gauge. I kept the exhaust after the downpipes to keep drone at bay. no drone and increased turbo whistle. And so it doesn't sound so much like what it is, a V6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread