Fuzzy/Blurry back up camera on my 13' SHO. Ford says its normal. Need advice.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
14u8avd.jpg

The quality of the cameras used might have something to do with it. Never been impressed with the one in my F150 or Sierra. We are talking vga resolution in this day an age. Lighting plays a big role as well especially in very low light conditions.

Rainy and upper 70s here

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I don't think my '12 MKS is that bad and I've read that I can install a newer camera (13+) for a crisper view. If I'm able to leave on time tomorrow, I'll take a pic of its worthy.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Having driven basically every brand with a backup camera, Ford has really clear and crisp cameras. So if yours is dark and fuzzy then I would say that is not the norm. I've been driving a QX60 and the camera is horrid which is why I realized Ford uses pretty good cameras in their cars.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Having driven basically every brand with a backup camera, Ford has really clear and crisp cameras. So if yours is dark and fuzzy then I would say that is not the norm. I've been driving a QX60 and the camera is horrid which is why I realized Ford uses pretty good cameras in their cars.

Honestly I find the Ford ones are so/so. The reverse camera on my father's old 2012 avalanche was better at night than his 2016 F150. The one in my mustang is about the same as the F150.

The one in my mothers X5 blows everything I've seen out of the water. BMW has to have one of if not the sharpest back up cameras on the market when it comes to clarity and resolution. Yet again, being a 500 dollar option, they better be good.

I should get a picture of the X5, but here is one I pulled off the internet

maxresdefault.jpg

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
The camera on my Wife's 12 edge sport always looks milky compared to the aftermarket camera I threw on my 11 f150. It's very crisp and clear. I wish someone would come up with an aftermarket replacement camera.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
my 10 SHO and my 13 F-150 did the same thing. (F-150 was in the mirror so it was a lower end model.)

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I've noticed a couple of times when backing up the Explorer +Raptor at night the resolution would be crappy but a second later it would fix itself and be clear.

SVECobraR

Established Member
None of those pictures of the back up camera images look as bad as mine. Some have brake light bleed off and minor blurriness but not comparable.

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Something else I found out yesterday. I added a set of LED reverse lights in my f150 and it caused a bunch of interference with my backup camera so I threw them away.

Users who are viewing this thread