Future of Ford Motor Company?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They needed to cut back on cars but not completely give them up.
One or two hatches that get 40-50mpg plus for under $18k.
One basic fwd sedan.
One rwd sedan plus a big power rwd sedan.

Thats 4 cars that go up against the civic, accord, Charger/eseries/5series.
Suv sell better and make more money but still oem sell a ton of cars because of handling and mpg.

john11gt

Established Member
They needed to cut back on cars but not completely give them up.
One or two hatches that get 40-50mpg plus for under $18k.
One basic fwd sedan.
One rwd sedan plus a big power rwd sedan.

Thats 4 cars that go up against the civic, accord, Charger/eseries/5series.
Suv sell better and make more money but still oem sell a ton of cars because of handling and mpg.

Stop stop stop stop.

you’ll get the focus and the explorer and you will thank them for it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely more doom and gloom IMO.

I don't think it was wrong for Ford to cut back on cars, just wish they kept one sedan, like the fusion. After the 2013 refresh, I still see more of those vs camry's or accords(not combined) where I live/work. Ford may not make money on them, but I'm sure with so many on the roads the dealers got some revenue out of them with service etc. Could of kept it and released a fully electric one too.

I know it was getting long in the tooth and refreshes/new look costs $$$ in R&D to do.

Ford definitely took the long play with some of their investments but I think it'll be fine in the long run. Stocks short term won't be great.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
my 2019 F250 platinum is incredibly high in quality. I think Ford is doing a good job trying to keep up with the Jones'

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I’ve never been brand loyal to ford but have preferred them over others. That being said, they don’t offer much that appeals to me besides the f150, mustang, and now the Explorer st (and that barely made it).

I still need to test drive an st and decide if it’s really as bad as that review made the new explorers out to be. I think it could have been closer to the srt suvs from fca in terms of power output, Brembos, launch control, etc. I feel like ford dropped the ball there. It’s only saving grace is the fact that it could eventually be tuned to make up for the hp difference.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Coming from a guy who's 2 cars in his signature combine to be older than I am haha

Weak argument. Average age of used cars/trucks on the road grows every year. I know because I work in the Automotive Aftermarket. That speaks to the fact OE's didn't make anything 2005-10 that was worth a shit, and they're arguably the worst trucks and cars you could ever buy. They've all broken down and been junked less than 15 years later.

Second gear to that is the poor quality and inflated cost of new vehicles today. All brands have issues, but the Big 3 are arguably the worst of the group still. And it's beginning to catch up with them as buyers aren't just letting it go anymore. They're moving to import brands.

Also, I met a very nice fellow with a brand new 2019 GT350R yesterday that wants me to do some work to it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his bumper cover color does not match the fenders and hood. It was a different shade. 100k with the paint quality of a Kia.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Weak argument. Average age of used cars/trucks on the road grows every year. I know because I work in the Automotive Aftermarket. That speaks to the fact OE's didn't make anything 2005-10 that was worth a shit, and they're arguably the worst trucks and cars you could ever buy. They've all broken down and been junked less than 15 years later.

Second gear to that is the poor quality and inflated cost of new vehicles today. All brands have issues, but the Big 3 are arguably the worst of the group still. And it's beginning to catch up with them as buyers aren't just letting it go anymore. They're moving to import brands.

Also, I met a very nice fellow with a brand new 2019 GT350R yesterday that wants me to do some work to it. I didn't have the heart to tell him that his bumper cover color does not match the fenders and hood. It was a different shade. 100k with the paint quality of a Kia.

What color GT350R? White?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Hm, that would be the first one in Magnetic that I've seen mismatch.

Unfortunately my 2016 GT was also magnetic. They sprayed the hood so thin that primer showed through in the right light. Shame too because it's probably my favorite color on S550's.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
My issue with Ford is all of the dealerships near me are god awful and Ford of Canada was terrible to deal with a dealer that refused to do a warranty claim even though it was approved.

ziggity

Established Member
My 14 Mustang was great no issues, on my 2nd new F150 with no complaints also. My father and brother have bought new super dutys with no issues and they are impressive trucks. As far as moving away from car sales not sure if its a smart move or not, as long as they keep making mustangs and trucks I don't really care lol

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
My 14 Mustang was great no issues, on my 2nd new F150 with no complaints also. My father and brother have bought new super dutys with no issues and they are impressive trucks. As far as moving away from car sales not sure if its a smart move or not, as long as they keep making mustangs and trucks I don't really care lol
Wait for the emustang and ecamaro fight...haha

VenomVeins

Established Member
That’s what happens when you build shit people don’t want.
Exactly.

There isnt a sled in fords lineup that excites me. Its all bland, utter bullshit on wheels.

No surprise considering the futon peddling dildo they inserted as CEO.

****in’ shame. I’ve owned almost 40 vehicles, and a quarter of them have been Fords.

As it stands, they are near the absolute bottom in coolness/have to own factor. I literally dont know a single person who wants to buy a ford on purpose.

jmsa540

Established Member
Ive owned 3 so far..
Exactly.

There isnt a sled in fords lineup that excites me. Its all bland, utter bullshit on wheels.

No surprise considering the futon peddling dildo they inserted as CEO.

****in’ shame. I’ve owned almost 40 vehicles, and a quarter of them have been Fords.

As it stands, they are near the absolute bottom in coolness/have to own factor. I literally dont know a single person who wants to buy a ford on purpose.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread