Future of Ford Motor Company?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
If you're comparing current Ford build quality to Ford from 10 or 15 years ago well yes of course it's light years better. There's no argument that. The problem is when you step inside of a BMW or Audi and the instant you close the door you understand where the money is being spent.

Some of you guys can sit here and defend Ford until you're blue in the face and that's fine. Others can slam Ford for their quality and that's fine as well. The issue is this - when people think about a Ford Chevrolet or Dodge they think of inexpensive transportation. I'm sure all three of these automakers could easily improve their build quality but that comes at a price. Perfect example the Ford Fusion Sport vs an extra BMW 3 Series. On paper they look similar in terms of horsepower Etc. But that fantasy went away fairly quickly once you got near those two cars in person. It's almost as if Ford got set up to lose when people compare those two cars.
Driving home today I noticed how many sedans I saw on the road. Tons of Hyundais Kia's Genesis Hondas BMWs Mercedes Etc. Are there as many sedans on the road now that's 20 years ago? Absolutely not. But there are plenty. I think the bottom line is that those manufacturers I mentioned above simply offer a better product than Ford Chevy or Dodge. I'd have much more respect for them if they just say hey this isn't what we're good at we make trucks. I don't believe that there's not a demand Ford sedans that can't be met by American manufacturers. I simply believe that the other companies have been doing it so well for so long that people are not willing to gamble on an American company. Same way I wouldn't think about driving a Toyota truck over a Ford. Actually make that Dodge because their new Ram is amazing.

Either way, like the product or not, believe what they are telling you about sedans or don't but the bottom line is people vote with their wallets. I was recently looking at an Explorer St and home pay for it has all the right stuff. When you sit in it or at least when I did I said there's no way I'm paying 60 Grand for an explorer with this crap interior and only redeeming quality is a good engine. I ended up with the new BMW and couldn't be happier. As things are now I'd never buy another Ford

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Love how everyone bitches about the Ecoboost SHO and think a V8 would have been better but when companies build a V8 RWD performance sedan then no one buys them....

And lets not bring up the last V8 SHO they built....

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Exactly.

There isnt a sled in fords lineup that excites me. Its all bland, utter bullshit on wheels.

No surprise considering the futon peddling dildo they inserted as CEO.

****in’ shame. I’ve owned almost 40 vehicles, and a quarter of them have been Fords.

As it stands, they are near the absolute bottom in coolness/have to own factor. I literally dont know a single person who wants to buy a ford on purpose.

*It's your opinion and I'm not trying to change it.

But I disagree with it's all bland BS, or the comment no wants to buy one on purpose.
The Raptor from 17-19 had ADMs in most areas. 10-25k were the norm in Socal and S. FL. So many people bought those trucks to mall crawl, and some bought them to actually use it offroad.

The Superduty to me looks great, and is neck and neck for me vs the refreshed Ram HD lineup. Interior goes to Ram while IMO the exterior of the SD is a notch above the Ram.
At least in Florida, people want to D.D. 20+ foot Super Duties.

The 350 was cool, but I would never of enjoyed it over an older 500.
The new GT500 has the best of both worlds, and more power over the ZL1.
The Mustang GT is stout for a 30-40k car and can run 10's with little mods now. It's the Mustand and the Challenger out on the streets while the Camaro is the forgotten one around here.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Love how everyone bitches about the Ecoboost SHO and think a V8 would have been better but when companies build a V8 RWD performance sedan then no one buys them....

And lets not bring up the last V8 SHO they built....

It's ironic. The main demographic of a V8 Sedan are men/women with children. But if you have children, I'd say 90% of the time you're not going to spend 45-50k on a car like that when you can go buy the new Rav4 or Escape for half the price.

Make a V8 Sedan in the high 20's, low 30's, and it would sell like hotcakes. This is entirely why the Chevy SS did not sell well.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The Charger just had their best year selling Chargers in 2019, only trailing 2013 numbers. Up 21% compared to 2018.

It's ironic. The main demographic of a V8 Sedan are men/women with children. But if you have children, I'd say 90% of the time you're not going to spend 45-50k on a car like that when you can go buy the new Rav4 or Escape for half the price.

Make a V8 Sedan in the high 20's, low 30's, and it would sell like hotcakes. This is entirely why the Chevy SS did not sell well.

SS didn't sell well cause they never advertised the damn car and the car was quite plain jane to most. I liked the sleeper look fwiw.

And like you said price wise, the base price towards the end was near 49k, where you could of bought a base Scat pack for 40k before any crazy Dodge discount.

tistan

Established Member
When I was truck shopping, Ford pissed be off with pushing the ecoboost engines. How can a twin turbo engine be cheaper than a v8? I couldn't find a good deal on a v8 4x4 f150. I gave up and bought a Ram with the v8 4x4 and more options for cheaper than a base xlt with the small 2.7 ecoboost.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

This is so far from the truth about the sales strategy for the Holden Commadore VF/SS. GM only wanted to import 3500 of the vehicles a year until the end of 2017 and Holden would stop building Holden cars for the domestic/ Australian market. And they pretty much was able to hit that mark except for 2016 when only a little over 2200 was imported it was the only year GM/Holden didn't hit their import mark for the USD market when the SS was sold all other years they hit that 3500 mark or was real close.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
This is so far from the truth about the sales strategy for the Holden Commadore VF/SS. GM only wanted to import 3500 of the vehicles a year until the end of 2017 and Holden would stop building Holden cars for the domestic/ Australian market. And they pretty much was able to hit that mark except for 2016 when only a little over 2200 was imported it was the only year GM/Holden didn't hit their import mark for the USD market when the SS was sold all other years they hit that 3500 mark or was real close.

I already know how this conversation goes on a GM lot

To my left is a Tahoe for 50k. To my right is a Chevy SS for 50k. I would be going left and not right. If you're making a car for someone with kids, it either has to be financially beneficial to buy it, or practically beneficial. It is neither. End of story.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If you're comparing current Ford build quality to Ford from 10 or 15 years ago well yes of course it's light years better. There's no argument that. The problem is when you step inside of a BMW or Audi and the instant you close the door you understand where the money is being spent.

Some of you guys can sit here and defend Ford until you're blue in the face and that's fine. Others can slam Ford for their quality and that's fine as well. The issue is this - when people think about a Ford Chevrolet or Dodge they think of inexpensive transportation. I'm sure all three of these automakers could easily improve their build quality but that comes at a price. Perfect example the Ford Fusion Sport vs an extra BMW 3 Series. On paper they look similar in terms of horsepower Etc. But that fantasy went away fairly quickly once you got near those two cars in person. It's almost as if Ford got set up to lose when people compare those two cars.
Driving home today I noticed how many sedans I saw on the road. Tons of Hyundais Kia's Genesis Hondas BMWs Mercedes Etc. Are there as many sedans on the road now that's 20 years ago? Absolutely not. But there are plenty. I think the bottom line is that those manufacturers I mentioned above simply offer a better product than Ford Chevy or Dodge. I'd have much more respect for them if they just say hey this isn't what we're good at we make trucks. I don't believe that there's not a demand Ford sedans that can't be met by American manufacturers. I simply believe that the other companies have been doing it so well for so long that people are not willing to gamble on an American company. Same way I wouldn't think about driving a Toyota truck over a Ford. Actually make that Dodge because their new Ram is amazing.

Either way, like the product or not, believe what they are telling you about sedans or don't but the bottom line is people vote with their wallets. I was recently looking at an Explorer St and home pay for it has all the right stuff. When you sit in it or at least when I did I said there's no way I'm paying 60 Grand for an explorer with this crap interior and only redeeming quality is a good engine. I ended up with the new BMW and couldn't be happier. As things are now I'd never buy another Ford

That’s not quite 17 pages, please submit a 17 page report King Bargin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

C5B519F4-9AE0-4E0A-8C87-33DEA5AA7430.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member

As a prior automotive tech and bf to several broads that owned BMW, I totally disagree.

Have fun when door locks, door handles, PC taillights, etc all fail.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

stvdman

Established Member
I like Ford and have been brand loyal for years,....

I have been Ford Brand Loyal Since 1990. Personally owning 1976 F150, 1989 Thunderbird SC, 1990 Cougar XR7, 1993 F150 Lightning, 1995 Mustang GTS, 1996 Ford Ranger, 2000 Focus Wagon, 2003 Ford Windstar, 2003 Cobra, 2009 Ford Explorer, 2016 Ford Explorer Sport... Still have the 2016 Explorer and 2003 cobra.

This past summer wife was over the wait for the new BRONCO, got a 2020 Jeep Gladiator (She absolutely LOVES it, I think its fine) 2016 Explorer Sport will be exiting.

I am looking for a replacement for the 2003 Cobra. Three cars could pull me out of it...350R, GT500, or C8. after looking all three over very closely, the C8 is pulling ahead. Got right up close to the 500 and C8, other than the amazingly HUGE front brakes on the GT500, I wasn't ecstatic over it. IT looked sweet for sure. When I went and took a close look at the C8...it felt like my first look at my COBRA. Just..DAMN!

I cant put my finger on where FORD is losing me. The choices have somehow lost my interest, especially for the cost. Don't get me wrong, they are making some performance machines for sure, but something is just off.

I can NOT believe I may have a JEEP and a Chevy in my garage this coming summer.

I always pay attention to the half ton trucks too. Ergonomics is all FORD. But, the basic build I preferred was the RAM. I hate to say it but give me a Hemi powered 4x4 with the luxury package and air ride on the coil sprung rear suspension. What an amazing interior as well.

Im pulling for FORD still a FORD guy, at least want to be.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
This past summer wife was over the wait for the new BRONCO, got a 2020 Jeep Gladiator (She absolutely LOVES it, I think its fine) 2016 Explorer Sport will be exiting.

A Gladiator Rubicon is likely to be my Raptor replacement in the very near future. Glad to hear y'all like it.

I found out yesterday the 2020 Raptor I ordered on Dec 2nd hasn't even been scheduled for production yet. The 2020 Gladiator I ordered Jan 3rd is due to be here mid Feb.

Just FYI - I ordered the 2020 Raptor at invoice with $0 down, and the Gladiator at 1% below invoice with $0 down. No obligation to buy either.

Last edited:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
A Gladiator Rubicon is likely to be my Raptor replacement in the very near future. Glad to hear y'all like it.

I found out yesterday the 2020 Raptor I ordered on Dec 2nd hasn't even been scheduled for production yet. The 2020 Gladiator I ordered Jan 3rd is due to be here mid Feb.

Just FYI - I ordered the 2020 Raptor at invoice with $0 down, and the Gladiator at 1% below invoice with $0 down. No obligation to buy either.
I'm not big on the Gladiator looks (waiting to see if it grows on me) but the idea of being able to do both Jeep stuff and truck stuff with the same platform is pretty cool. I know two people that traded their Jeeps in on them and love them. I need to get a ride in one and check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread