Fusion Titanium or Edge Sport

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Buying a new car for my DD Asap. Would like everyones opinion between the 2.
2015 Fusion AWD Titanium Loaded 2.0l Ecoboost
or
2014 Edge Sport Loaded. 3.7L TiVCT V6 Engine not eco boost and PTU leaks and failures

HELP

Branhammer

Established Member
Well what do you need it for? Those are two very different vehicles. If you don't need the versatility of a crossover then the Fusion would be the more practical choice.

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Basic DD purposes. AWD and 4 doors. No need for hauling no kids. Gave the svt focus to the little brother. I got the lightning if i need a truck. Im having a hard time if i need a crossover or a car.
I know nothing of the motors, pros cons of each

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
of those two .. Fusion Titanium all the way. Personally I would pick up a 2015 focus ST or a focus titanium ... I love my 2012 Titanium. as I just told someone else I like the Focus hatchback because it fills in nicely when you need to haul but are in it and not your truck lol

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Focus ST.

If you don't need the roominess of the fusion nor the edge then get something smaller and more fun. Your daily commute doesn't have to be boring.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fusion Titanium.
But for $10,000 less, you can buy a Focus ST.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Taurus SHO... Otherwise, I´d pick the Fusion.

Edit: After thinking about it, I'd pick the Explorer Sport over the Edge Sport since the price isn't that much further apart.

Last edited:

usaf_eagle

Established Member
I had a 2012 Edge Sport for a couple years. I liked it, but it just wasn't me. You really have to be an "SUV" type of person to enjoy driving the Edge. Personally, I'd go with the Fusion.

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
I would get the focus ST but really wanting room and AWD. I can get around ok with fwd in iowa winters but since im buying new im going with AWD.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Wth, op says he needs 4 doors and awd. How did the focus factor into this? With that said get the fusion...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Wth, op says he needs 4 doors and awd. How did the focus factor into this? With that said get the fusion...

it doesn't really ... but note that a lot of us said the fusion BUT .....

and the focus has 4 doors LOL

tj04cobra

Established Member
Fusion.

I love driving my wife's 2012 edge sport. It has been good to us. It isn't all wheel drive and the 22 inch rims are heavy and really slows it down compared to my mother in laws 2013 3.5l v6 edge. The fuel mileage isn't as good as I thought it would be but the ride is nice and I love driving it because of the sony and my touch that it has. My old powerstroke doesn't have any of that so I love hopping in her car and being able to hook my phone up to it and all the controls it has on the screen. If I had to do it again I would have gotten her a limited. But she wanted the sport, so the sport she got. The glass roof is plus too.

I don't know much about the fusions but I imagine they are nice. Seems like all the ford products are nice these days. For strictly dd purposes I'd choose the fusion since those are the two you are asking about. BUT, I would personally pick up a new focus. I really want a focus st, like really bad. We test drove a 2012 focus Titanium and it was super nice and I was trying to get her to choose it but she wanted a SUV.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Fusion: Car will be more comfortable and easier to drive around town. If whatever you need to put in there wont fit just drive your L. Fusion will also get way better gas mileage.

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
Took me awhile to find one with everything i wanted. But went with a 15 fusion titanium awd White platinum loaded. Couldnt be happier
20141101_165541.jpg

20141101_165623.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Excellent choice, great color too. Congrats!

I drove a 2012 Fusion the other day. I was very impressed.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
OP dont waste your money on the edge sport imo. just get an edge limited with the 3.5 v6 and awd. if its just a dd no need for the few extra hp the sport gives you

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
We get both in regularly at work. Just took a Fusion Titanium out the other day and was very impressed! With the Edge about to be updated, I would get the Fusion unless you could wait for the new Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread