Fusion, anyone?

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Scoriox said:
That's why the Fusion is looking at AWD.

As for 4 door Fords, your doubts are solved-

825_16x04x2004111318AM.jpg

ford_falcon1.jpg

Solved by what, an Australian car that Ford has no intentions of selling in the states?

AWD or not, the car will not run with an M3. It would either cost too much, or be a better performance deal than the Mustang, neither of which Ford will accept.

inteller

Established Member
M SIX said:

please rub your two brain cells together and elaborate your limited vocabulary. Are you saying my entire statement is wrong or partially wrong?

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
inteller said:
please rub your two brain cells together and elaborate your limited vocabulary. Are you saying my entire statement is wrong or partially wrong?
Relax sir, just the part about it being a M3 killer.

inteller

Established Member
see, that wan't so hard...you could have just stated that to begin with.

but I wouldn't be so short sighted to write off Ford. The SVT Fusion will be easily whipping on EVOs and STis....it won't take much more to whip on M3s. Ford could make a SC V6 pushing 350/300....and it wouldn't cost $50k of an M3 either.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
inteller said:

but I wouldn't be so short sighted to write off Ford. The SVT Fusion will be easily whipping on EVOs and STis....it won't take much more to whip on M3s. Ford could make a SC V6 pushing 350/300....and it wouldn't cost $50k of an M3 either.

You keep ignoring the fact that it'll also outrun Mustangs, which will not happen. In the past Ford has had concepts get shot down time and again because they came too close to outdoing their halo car.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
inteller said:

I promise you the SVT fusion will not be beating up on Evo's. I promise you that.

ak_cobra

Established Member
what makes everyone so sure there is going to be an svt fusion? :shrug:

not meant to start an argument i am very curious where you guys might have read about it as i will be in the market for a new car in awhile and was thinking about going back to a cobra but i dunno with gas prices the way they are......

LogiWorld123

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
Solved by what, an Australian car that Ford has no intentions of selling in the states?

Hey I am not the one making blanket statements about the global company that is the Ford Motor Company- sometimes you should think outside the box.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Scoriox said:
Hey I am not the one making blanket statements about the global company that is the Ford Motor Company- sometimes you should think outside the box.

You looked too deeply into what I said. Why on earth would I care what Ford sells in Australia when I live in the US? Ford's market strategy in Australia is completely seperate from they one they use stateside. Since you're going to nitpick, I'll rephrase.

I highly doubt any 4-door sedan Ford ever produces in the US will even come close to that kind of performance. Especially not with FWD.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I highly doubt any 4-door sedan Ford ever produces in the US will even come close to that kind of performance. Especially not with FWD.

and you are totally correct with the non-production of the 427 concept sedan.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
Scoriox said:
and you are totally correct with the non-production of the 427 concept sedan.

How does any of that validate the possibility of an M3 fighting Fusion? An old concept and an Australian sports sedan have nothing at all do with the discussion at hand.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
How does any of that validate the possibility of an M3 fighting Fusion? An old concept and an Australian sports sedan have nothing at all do with the discussion at hand.

We (you and I) are talking a bout 4 door fords competing with CTS-V's and the kin. A souped up 427 would, but since it will never see the light of day, I am just agreeing with you that Ford won't be making a luxo winner in my life time.

inteller

Established Member
yeah, they just make S60Rs and S-Type Rs.....I sure hope no one finds out those are Ford Family cars or we'll have to kill them since they go faster that the beloved Rustang.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
inteller said:
yeah, they just make S60Rs and S-Type Rs.....I sure hope no one finds out those are Ford Family cars or we'll have to kill them since they go faster that the beloved Rustang.
Actually if you want to get technical the S60R's and S-type R's run high 13's, 13.60's and 13.70's at best. I have eye witnessed new GT stangs with 5 speeds running 13.50's but whos getting technical :shrug:

inteller

Established Member
M SIX said:
Actually if you want to get technical the S60R's and S-type R's run high 13's, 13.60's and 13.70's at best. I have eye witnessed new GT stangs with 5 speeds running 13.50's but whos getting technical :shrug:

yeah, and most S60Rs and S-Type Rs are driven by old men who are stepping into a race ready street car for the first time. And remember, magazine racing is for kids.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
inteller said:
yeah, and most S60Rs and S-Type Rs are driven by old men who are stepping into a race ready street car for the first time. And remember, magazine racing is for kids.
Your correct sir, mag. racing is for kids thats why I said I eye witnessed the times so that nobody would mistake me for retrieving them from a typical inaccurate motor trend mag.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
inteller said:

You can't be serious. You think someone shopping for a $25,000 Mustang GT is also going to consider a $40,000 Volvo or a $60,000 Jaguar?

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
BlueStripe said:
You can't be serious. You think someone shopping for a $25,000 Mustang GT is also going to consider a $40,000 Volvo or a $60,000 Jaguar?
Thats what I was thinking but I let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread