Fusion, anyone?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
:pop: Lookin good, just really hoping for a nice SVT version. Still can't find weight specs on the V6 model though...

Crazycarl

Established Member
well if it looks good with good power....it will replace the Contour....if not, well i dunno..was thinkin bout a Terminator,l but with the gas prices rising..i dunno

WRSVT

Established Member
I am looking forward to seeing what (if anything) SVT does with the car. Should be a worth successor to the Contour SVT if they do decide to produce one. It would be awesome if it turns out to be AWD too.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
I'm all about it if they made it handle as well or better than the Contour. Part of me wants to see an AWD version, but with the MazdaSpeed 6 already filling that slot they'd be competing against themselves unless they could make it notably different in a number of ways and set it at another price point.

JCSVT

V6 Powa!!
Established Member
M SIX said:
I bet ya it wont make more power or torque then the Mazdaspeed 6. I bet ya

Why not? The normal 3.5 Duratec is expected to make 240-260 horsepower. SVT could easily boost that another 20. The Mazdaspeed has 274hp. I doubt there will be much difference in horsepower.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
I'm all about it if they made it handle as well or better than the Contour. Part of me wants to see an AWD version, but with the MazdaSpeed 6 already filling that slot they'd be competing against themselves unless they could make it notably different in a number of ways and set it at another price point.

Yeah like make it RWD :D

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
JCSVT said:
Why not? The normal 3.5 Duratec is expected to make 240-260 horsepower. SVT could easily boost that another 20. The Mazdaspeed has 274hp. I doubt there will be much difference in horsepower.
Unfortunately the fusion will be offered with a 3.0 221hp engine in the non svt model so when you say svt could easily boost it another 20 ponies then its well short of the mazdaspeed6. So lets say SVT slides a 3.5 Duratec in there making an expected 240-260hp as you say. It will still be short of the Mazdaspeed 6. I didnt say buy how much or how little all I did was say I bet ya the SVT fusion will not have as much hp or torque as the Mazdaspeed6. As a matter of fact I guaruntee you or I'll give you the keys to my car....literally. lol

Steeltwo

Established Member
M SIX said:
Unfortunately the fusion will be offered with a 3.0 221hp engine in the non svt model so when you say svt could easily boost it another 20 ponies then its well short of the mazdaspeed6. So lets say SVT slides a 3.5 Duratec in there making an expected 240-260hp as you say. It will still be short of the Mazdaspeed 6. I didnt say buy how much or how little all I did was say I bet ya the SVT fusion will not have as much hp or torque as the Mazdaspeed6. As a matter of fact I guaruntee you or I'll give you the keys to my car....literally. lol
if svt only makes 240-260 out of of the the 3.5 i'd be surprised.

everyone is making 260 out of the 3.5. Dodges 3.5 has made 255hp for how many years?

the maxima is making 260, the Z is nearly 300. If they use the 3.5. I would expect SVT to go no less than 280, but would like to see 300.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
Steeltwo said:
if svt only makes 240-260 out of of the the 3.5 i'd be surprised.

everyone is making 260 out of the 3.5. Dodges 3.5 has made 255hp for how many years?

the maxima is making 260, the Z is nearly 300. If they use the 3.5. I would expect SVT to go no less than 280, but would like to see 300.
Again, I rest assure you it will not make 300hp

LogiWorld123

Established Member
all I did was say I bet ya the SVT fusion will not have as much hp or torque as the Mazdaspeed6. As a matter of fact I guaruntee you or I'll give you the keys to my car....literally. lol

Torque not so much, due to the nature of the speed6 (pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss *shew), unless SVT decides to live up to the Supercharged Vehicle Team name of late, and slap some FI on it.

But as Ford is mega-marketing this product, as they well should because its a fantastic car coming from a domestic company, the SVT model will be sharpening its claws for something loftier than the speed6 (which on all merits, is being compared to wrx/evo and not faring so well on a performance standpoint there)

you can guarantee your car all you want- though i feel that is a big gamble for something pretty worthless in life.

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
Scoriox said:
Torque not so much, due to the nature of the speed6 (pssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss *shew), unless SVT decides to live up to the Supercharged Vehicle Team name of late, and slap some FI on it.

But as Ford is mega-marketing this product, as they well should because its a fantastic car coming from a domestic company, the SVT model will be sharpening its claws for something loftier than the speed6 (which on all merits, is being compared to wrx/evo and not faring so well on a performance standpoint there)

you can guarantee your car all you want- though i feel that is a big gamble for something pretty worthless in life.
First things first I dont want or own a AWD mazdaspeed6 but when JCSVT said that "the new fusion better have the new 3.5L V6 and not the 2.3 turbo in the Mazdaspeed6" hinting that the mazda engine isnt up to the challange. Thats when I simply bet that the 3.5 V6 will not have more hp. or torque then the Mazda 2.3 whether its a psssss shew or a factory 200 shot. I never said anything about the mazdaspeed6 outperforming the fusion it was stictly a engine statement.

inteller

Established Member
The SVT Fusion will be a beast of a car and be built as a econo M3 killer, just like the SVT COntour was built as an econo 325i killer.

PaulVincent

Established Member
Not talking about the GT, Shelby Mustang, etc, but just a car to replace the CSVT. I really, really, really will have to see proof of a Fusion with anything more than 220 hp. Why? Not because SVT can't do it, but because it appears to me that Ford has forgotten, given up on, or ignored this segment of the market. Last CSVT was the 2K model. It is now close to the release date for 2006 models. How much longer will our CSVT hold out? Answer: Probably not long enough for us to await an acceptable Ford vehicle replacing the CSVT. I am already checking out the competition, and except for a '94 RX7 and three motorcycles, I haven't bought anything but Ford/Mercury since 1978.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
inteller said:
The SVT Fusion will be a beast of a car and be built as a econo M3 killer, just like the SVT COntour was built as an econo 325i killer.

The next generation M3 is going to be aimed squarely at the CTS-V, I highly doubt any 4-door sedan Ford ever produces will even come close to that kind of performance. Especially not with FWD.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
BlueStripe said:
The next generation M3 is going to be aimed squarely at the CTS-V, I highly doubt any 4-door sedan Ford ever produces will even come close to that kind of performance. Especially not with FWD.

That's why the Fusion is looking at AWD.

As for 4 door Fords, your doubts are solved-

825_16x04x2004111318AM.jpg

ford_falcon1.jpg

PaulVincent

Established Member
M SIX, When will this SVT Fusion be built? I am interested, but can't wait forever (without getting a new car).

PaulVincent

Established Member
Typhoon -
2005 Ford FPV F6 Typhoon
Image Credits: Ford
General Information
Price: $--,---
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: ---- lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Turbocharged Inline-6
Displacement: 3984 cc
Horsepower: 366 bhp @ 5250 rpm
Torque: 406 lb-ft @ 2000-4250 rpm
Redline: ---- rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: -.- sec
0-100 mph: --.- sec
Quarter Mile: --.- sec @ --- mph
Skidpad: .--g
Top Speed: --- mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: --- ft
Slalom Speed: --.- mph

Source: Ford Motor Company

Ford Performance Vehicles rewrote the rules in the Australian high-performance car segment with its first turbo-charged production concept car – the F6 Typhoon.

Unveiled at the 2004 Melbourne Motor Show, the F6 Typhoon is certain to establish FPV as the technical leaders in the tribal high-performance market and reinforce the six-cylinder engine as a worthy alternative to FPV’s class-leading Boss 290 V8 engine.

The 4.0-litre turbocharged and intercooled six-cylinder F6
270 Turbo engine will produce an amazing 366 bhp of power and a staggering 406 lb-ft of torque – the highest torque output of any production engine ever built in Australia.

This car is the next step in re-affirming Ford Performance Vehicles as the benchmark high-performance car manufacturer in Australia,” says David Flint, Managing Director of Ford Performance Vehicles.

“It will broaden the appeal of the Ford Performance Vehicles brand and introduce a new range of owners to our family. But we believe it will also expand the boundaries of what our owners expect, and what they experience, from Ford Performance Vehicles as it delivers a completely unique and exciting driving experience.

The F6 Typhoon production concept is instantly recognizable as part of the FPV family with its standout styling. However, it has a range of unique styling cues, including pewter highlights on the front and rear bumpers, high-tech mesh grille inserts and a rear bootlid spoiler with FPV’s trademark three-pillar design.

Inside the ****pit, the car has sports seats with a technical design, suede bolsters and FPV identification in the headrests. It also features aluminium pedals and interior highlights and the unique FPV dash-mounted starter button.

Users who are viewing this thread