Fusion, anyone?

inteller

Established Member
and who said the SVT Fusion was going to go for $25000? I dont see anything wrong with building a more expensive car that is also faster than a Mustang and happens to be a member of the Ford family.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
inteller said:
and who said the SVT Fusion was going to go for $25000? I dont see anything wrong with building a more expensive car that is also faster than a Mustang and happens to be a member of the Ford family.

I see plenty wrong with it. People had a hard time swallowing a $25,000 Contour because it was a Ford in the midsize sedan segment, no one seemed to care that it could run with the best cars in it's class. Not much has been done to change that stigma.

As much as I want to see a kickass AWD Ford with 350+hp and 6 forward gears, I would much rather see them come up with a car that's viable in it's segment at a pricepoint people will accept it at. Ford needs street cred from a car that sells at high volume, not a one-hit wonder that lasts for two years and flops because no one bought it.

inteller

Established Member
well, the SVTC lasted only a few years because Ford flopped with the baseline model. Kinda hard to sell a flagship when you kill off the entire model its based off of. They did the same thing with the SVTF, and hell they even did it with the Lightning. That doesn't mean said models won't come back, it just means their platform is dead. The ST220 does just fine in Europe. Its Ford's stupid American marketing that ****s things up.

You don't see the G35 sucking it up.....performance sedans ARE a viable market, Ford just doesn't want to go there.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
inteller said:
well, the SVTC lasted only a few years because Ford flopped with the baseline model. Kinda hard to sell a flagship when you kill off the entire model its based off of. They did the same thing with the SVTF, and hell they even did it with the Lightning. That doesn't mean said models won't come back, it just means their platform is dead. The ST220 does just fine in Europe. Its Ford's stupid American marketing that ****s things up.

You don't see the G35 sucking it up.....performance sedans ARE a viable market, Ford just doesn't want to go there.

The SVT Focus and Ligntning went away because SVT took a break to restructure, the Contour went away because it didn't fit into Ford's lineup at the time. What's worse, the $25,000 SVT model didn't offer enough to justify paying that much for a Ford that was that small. With the Taurus on the way out and the FiveHundred in a class well apart from the slot the new Fusion is slated to fill things might look up this time around. I still doubt they'll be able to take any kind of performance model of the Fusion too far up market before the masses just ignore it because it's a Ford.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
What's worse, the $25,000 SVT model didn't offer enough to justify paying that much for a Ford that was that small.

Uh they were lucky to break $23,000 USD.

showtime

just some tidbit info....

the 2006 lincoln Zephyr is going to be offered in AWD last time i checked & isn't it based on the fusion platform?

so there might be a chance of an AWD fusion

i think the zephyr looks HOT!
06s-zephyr-hero.jpg

M SIX

Go Big or Go Home
Established Member
jmayhew said:
just some tidbit info....

the 2006 lincoln Zephyr is going to be offered in AWD last time i checked & isn't it based on the fusion platform?

so there might be a chance of an AWD fusion

i think the zephyr looks HOT!
06s-zephyr-hero.jpg
Yea that thing is hot. I bet white with tints looks sick.

Users who are viewing this thread