Full Tilt Boogie Racing's 14" front SN-95 Brembo brake conversion kits now available

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I want bigger brakes, but I also want to keep my OEM 17" wheels. Am I stuck with the 2000 Cobra R brake kit?

For all intent and purposes I would say yes, you're stuck with the 13" kit with 17" wheels.

However, having said that I did try my 17" CCW wheels under my new Brembo 14" brake kit when I got it:

14bremboaa0.jpg

The wheel actually fit:

17ccw14brembo2ll5.jpg

But the 3 pc. CCW wheel is a very thin shelled wheel. Most 17" wheels most likely would not fit. I did not feel the brakes would cool sufficiently because this was going on a dedicated track car. So I ended up selling all of my 17" wheels and upgraded to 18's.

FWIW

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Just got my SN-95 14" front Brembo brake conversion kit. This kit is really nice. Can't wait to install this kit in the spring. I also ordered the 13" rear kit that I should have by spring. Any one on the fence about this kit I wouldn't hesitate. Bruce's customer service at Full Tilt Boogie Racing is top notch. Bruce if you read this thanks for answering all my questions and for putting together this kit.

Bingo13

Established Member
Just got my SN-95 14" front Brembo brake conversion kit. This kit is really nice. Can't wait to install this kit in the spring. I also ordered the 13" rear kit that I should have by spring. Any one on the fence about this kit I wouldn't hesitate. Bruce's customer service at Full Tilt Boogie Racing is top notch. Bruce if you read this thanks for answering all my questions and for putting together this kit.

Ditto, and do not forget Bruce has great prices on brake pads also. :-D

Nolimit

Established Member
I was under the impression that FTBR was no longer selling or producing the 14" conversion for the 99-04 mustangs, to accept the newer 05 + Mustang brake system. Just wondering...

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Is the F-50 radial mount caliper found on a production car by chance? If we could get used calipers you could sell us the rest of the kit to make it all work.

+1 I can get used calipers will you sell us the rest of the kit minus calipers? if so how much?

ruststang94

Established Member
Hey guys. We have one kit for sure. I know Bruce is working on getting the last few caliper pairs available but not sure where he is with that. He will be back from vacation on Monday and can let you know more details.

VenemousStang

Established Member
Just curious on how this kit compares to the wilwood 6 piston kit. They are also a 2 piece rotor and not much more $. Trying to decide what will work best for me

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Still have any kits?

Well, we originally thought we would be out of these by the end of last year but they lasted about a month longer than we thought they were going to last. They are all gone now.

However, we were able to secure the remaining balance of these Brembo caliper sets and hope to have those kits ready to deliver very shortly. But that's going to be it. There will definitely not be any more of these 14" kits available at these prices.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So you will have numerous sets in the next few months? Complete sets?

I would not say numerous. We have six more kits in the works and that is it. There won't be any more caliper sets available to us at this price so this will unfortunately be the end of this particular offer.

Two of those six kits are already spoken for. We hope to be able to deliver this new batch of kits by the end of February.

We hope that helps.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Bruce are the front rotor hats supposed to be loose on the rotor? Its my first set of 2 piece rotors so please don't be offended. The reason i ask because the rear 2pc rotor is not like that.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce are the front rotor hats supposed to be loose on the rotor? Its my first set of 2 piece rotors so please don't be offended. The reason i ask because the rear 2pc rotor is not like that.

It's a legitimate question, no problem. :-D

The rotors in this 14" front kit are floating rotors. This description means they are not affixed tightly to the hat. The bobbin screws are tight to retain the bobbins from coming out. The rotor rings are attached to the hats by bobbins that allow the rotors to 'float' on the bobbins for a few specific reasons. The first is to allow perfect alignment of the rotor passing through the caliper based on a couple of scenarios. One of those scenarios is because of spindle flex under heavy cornering loads. The other benefit is heat in the rotor ring cannot be transferred to the hat (because it has no real direct connection) and that keeps the hubs cooler and the bearings in the hubs last longer. Your 2 pc rear rotors are 'bolted' together.

A few people have experienced some rattling of these assemblies after they wear. We will have anti-rattle clips very soon for people that are experiencing this condition.

I hope that helps.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Thanks for clearing that up, your the man!

I have to say the kit is really well put together and much cheaper than other kits on the market. Im totally satisfied and would highly recommend to anyone. Sad to see this kit go!

All Bruces parts are top notch and his customer service is outstanding.

Keep up all the good work Bruce!

Users who are viewing this thread